NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Don't worry about the difference in PPI, you won't notice it unless you sit there comparing the 2 screens all the time. You get used to after a time and it becomes normal. Just enjoy the games. :)

Welcome to the superior 3DS experience. :)

Just collected after a NIGHTMARE 2 HOURS (including traffic jams, incorrect reservations, lack of stock and two Argos')!!

WOOOO...

Err now what? I'm updating it but a few questions:

1) Can I tranfer my Wii U Profile to my 3DS,

2) Can I transfer my Wii U friend list to my 3DS?

3) Can I set up multiple users (á la Wii U) i.e. one for my me, one for my wife and one for my daughter?

4) Will my finger get stronger because this thing feels damn heavy!?!

3) Can I set up multiple users (á la Wii U) i.e. one for my me, one for my wife and one for my daughter?

no, no, no, yes.

Just collected after a NIGHTMARE 2 HOURS (including traffic jams, incorrect reservations, lack of stock and two Argos')!!

WOOOO...

You will be able to share the Nintendo Network ID from your Wii U onto the 3DS, and merge eShop balances from next month, however.

WOOOO...

You can transfer your Mii from your 3DS to your Wii U. Can you do it the other way???? I don't know, but think not.

With Nintendo linking NNIDs on both systems, it would be nice if friends' lists were linked, but that might be a headache to resolve. Best wait until the next generation.

I'm dreading paying rent next month, but the Zelda Gold XL is still preordered from Zavvi. Anyone know how good they are about posting consoles/preorders on time? It says "Expected Dispatch 22/11/13" but I'll be pissed if they only pop it in the post on launch day.

Also, if anyone is wanting an original metallic red 3DS I've stuck mine on eBay here!

I'm dreading paying rent next month, but the Zelda Gold XL is still preordered from Zavvi. Anyone know how good they are about posting consoles/preorders on time? It says "Expected Dispatch 22/11/13" but I'll be pissed if they only pop it in the post on launch day.

Also, if anyone is wanting an original metallic red 3DS I've stuck mine on eBay here!

I too will be flipping my 3DS on ebay once my Zelda 3DSXL arrives from Shopto, once it arrives i'll put the pikachu one up on ebay

Zelda 3DSXL Master race ftw

Has anyone had their 3DS charger simply stop working out of the blue? It happened a few months ago, so I plugged in older one in and that worked fine. Now that one has stopped working, so I tried the first one and that did the trick?!

Anyone experienced this weird issue before?

Has anyone had their 3DS charger simply stop working out of the blue? It happened a few months ago, so I plugged in older one in and that worked fine. Now that one has stopped working, so I tried the first one and that did the trick?!

Anyone experienced this weird issue before?

I think one of my old nintendo system chargers did something like this...maybe even my 3DS one yeah. I think I'm on my second cheapy/unofficial one atm; but tbh it's more because I pulled the 3DS/knocked off the cradle whilst on charge with the last two I think, and it mashed the wire up inside so it only works when in a specific sort of position. I definitely recall a similar sense of bafflement as yourself with some variety of DS charger though, never managed to figure out what it was(presumed maybe some sort of short-out trip protection or something).

I too will be flipping my 3DS on ebay once my Zelda 3DSXL arrives from Shopto, once it arrives i'll put the pikachu one up on ebay

Zelda 3DSXL Master race ftw

What is/was your old one?

Just downloaded Zelda:LBW, fired it up, played through the first 30 mins up to Kalariko village and went to the old guy to turn on the StreetPass function. But, it said my 3DS StreetPass couldn't be selected as I have too many StreetPass titles enabled. I didn't know there was an upper limit to that. So, I went into System settings and had to remove a few older titles to make room for Zelda and future titles. The maximum number of StreetPass titles you can have up and running at any one time is 12.

Didn't know that myself! No problem with it so far though, so I'm probs cool.

In other news I think the pub I was in last night is a spotpass/NintendoZone place, as I've gotten myself not just 10 but....11 streetpasses in my mii plaza! One of them was a bit special though...

It's Mr Aonuma! I'd say to pop by your nearest relay if you can guys!

Didn't know that myself! No problem with it so far though, so I'm probs cool.

In other news I think the pub I was in last night is a spotpass/NintendoZone place, as I've gotten myself not just 10 but....11 streetpasses in my mii plaza! One of them was a bit special though...

It's Mr Aonuma! I'd say to pop by your nearest relay if you can guys!

Yeah I was out and about yesterday, had my 3DS with me - because obviously I don't want to be without Zelda: ALBW - only to find a special appearance from Aonuma when I checked my 3DS upon returning, I was well chuffed! :D

I'm still gutted that when they fixed mine that I lost Iwata's streetpass from back when MarioKart came out - is there any way to ever get them again?

Woo Hoo! I never thought I'd ever get any StreetPass action (by virtue of the fact that I drive to work and back and live in my house!).

But on the off-chance I took my 3DS XL to Birmingham for the Christmas German Markets (well made my wife carry it in her hand bag, because who's really gonna carry a 3DS XL around!?)

And I got 19 hits... and an Anouma! Yaay! It could be quite addictive if I lived in London and commuted to work... but alas this'll be the last time it happens for a good few months (years...) :(

EDIT: I didn't know there was a Street Pass Plaza Thread... sorry.

Edited by Phube

Woo Hoo! I never thought I'd ever get any StreetPass action (by virtue of the fact that I drive to work and back and live in my house!).

But on the off-chance I took my 3DS XL to Birmingham for the Christmas German Markets (well made my wife carry it in her hand bag, because who's really gonna carry a 3DS XL around!?)

And I got 19 hits... and an Anouma! Yaay! It could be quite addictive if I lived in London and commuted to work... but alas this'll be the last time it happens for a good few months (years...) :(

EDIT: I didn't know there was a Street Pass Plaza Thread... sorry.

We're all posting it here anyway :p

Totes jealous of your Weihnachtsmarkt'ing tho! Only been to a proper German one once iirc, but I went to one in brum a number of years back!

I'm currently sitting at a desk with my old metallic red 3DS in a box in front of me, ready to be posted off to the lucky lady who bought it on eBay. You'd think I'd be sad about saying good-bye to such a great little handheld console BUT NOPE, got that XL now and I'm so happy I made the switch. Anyone on the fence, go for it.

So in a fit of outrageous fortune, I just so happened to search for 3DS XL deals yesterday at the exact time that Amazon were having a Black Friday fire sale - and managed to pick up a White 3DS XL with Mario Kart 7 for £130. Wasn't planning on buying Mario Kart, but it was still £10 cheaper than the best deal for the console I'd found, in the colour I wanted, and Mario Kart counts in the Super Mario 3D Land promotion so I get that free too. Bargain!

What's this I hear about not including a charger though?? Is it a standard USB (smartphone-esque) charger or will I need to buy one?

So in a fit of outrageous fortune, I just so happened to search for 3DS XL deals yesterday at the exact time that Amazon were having a Black Friday fire sale - and managed to pick up a White 3DS XL with Mario Kart 7 for £130. Wasn't planning on buying Mario Kart, but it was still £10 cheaper than the best deal for the console I'd found, in the colour I wanted, and Mario Kart counts in the Super Mario 3D Land promotion so I get that free too. Bargain!

What's this I hear about not including a charger though?? Is it a standard USB (smartphone-esque) charger or will I need to buy one?

Unfortunately, it's not a standard charger, the 3DS has it's own specially shaped connector. It's an extra purchase I'm afraid, but a DSi charger will do the trick (again, unfortunately, a standard DS or DS Lite charger are not compatible, just the DSi).

Will cost you a tenner from Game; http://www.game.co.uk/en/official-nintendo-3ds-xl-ac-adaptor-180324?pageSize=20&searchTerm=3DS%20adapter

Black and White 3DS' are currently £99 at Amazon Black Friday.

Do you mean 2DS?