NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Why do games take so long to drop in price on the 3DS? oO It's been 6 months since I've bought anything, and it's not that there aren't games I want, the prices just aren't dropping like they usually do. Everything is still 30£.

What gives?

Why do games take so long to drop in price on the 3DS? oO It's been 6 months since I've bought anything, and it's not that there aren't games I want, the prices just aren't dropping like they usually do. Everything is still 30£.

What gives?

Stop being a scab and just pay the money!! :D

Stop being a scab and just pay the money!! :D

I never pay more than 20€ (£17) for a game on principle (because I don't think any game is worth more than that), but even if I wanted to do that, I couldn't. You have to cut corners on a ~£340 salary. :P

What gives?

If your talking about Nintendo published games then be prepared to wait a good while as those games rarely see price drops. Nintendo software holds its value for ages.

If your talking about Nintendo published games then be prepared to wait a good while as those games rarely see price drops. Nintendo software holds its value for ages.

I know that. It's been years since I've bought a Ninty game first hand, lol.

But I mean in general, not just N games.

What gives?

A lot of it is down to the physical medium and the size of the print runs that companies can afford for Nintendo to do. Big N aren't particularly flexible concerning this (weren't in the DS days anyway) and you either do a small run or a big run. Very rarely does anyone do a second print.

Also the cartridges do not tend to get significant amounts of wear and handheld titles are relatively unaffected by the faddy, must-buy-newest-game-cos-all-my-friends-are-playing-it whirlwind that tends to go with console releases.

What I CAN'T explain is why digital prices stay so f'ing high. Nintendo really need to start taking a leaf out of Steams book and have some proper sales. Get people going bat-shit-crazy for a games which would create enough buzz to increase sales at a higher price.

What I CAN'T explain is why digital prices stay so f'ing high. Nintendo really need to start taking a leaf out of Steams book and have some proper sales. Get people going bat-shit-crazy for a games which would create enough buzz to increase sales at a higher price.

Yeah, this completely baffles me. Nintendo is great at making software and hardware but they're absolutely terrible at everything else. Oo

If Nintendo were to implement a proper accounts system whereby you didn't 'lose everything' if you lose your console - or if something happens to it - then I would be a lot more willing to buy some of their retail games digitally...

...but not at the high RRP. ;)

So until either or both of those things happen I will continue to buy the physical games, besides... I like the relative security and flexibility of having the physical game card. :)

Obviously Virtual Console games are different, because you can only get those digitally, but even I'm being a bit conservative with which ones I download and I review them each week for the site! :p

So as not to piss off retailers and get allocated even less shelf space than they already get.

So as not to piss off retailers and get allocated even less shelf space than they already get.

That's all well and good, but when you have the likes of GAME selling Pokemon X&Y for £40 in store - when it's £32.99 on their site? - doesn't help matters, I think it's high-time the general RRP is lowered.

If any 3DS game had an RRP of £32.99 and was priced at no more than £29.99 at launch on the eShop then I think people would be a lot happier to actually buy games as they'd feel that they aren't getting ripped off as much.

What I'm saying is... do Nintendo really want their games on the shelf of unscrupulous retailers such as GAME when they charge such a high price for them, which makes Nintendo inadvertently look bad for hiking up prices even when it isn't actually their fault but the retailers.

Or is it not actually a problem and is in fact a case of 'buyer beware' because technically everyone has the ability to shop around but a lot of people don't and so they effectively rip themselves off. :p

I'm actually genuinely interested in this issue, even though I know that nothing will be done about it.

After my sister asked for some advice on what game player thingy (her words) could she get for her four year old daughter for Christmas, all of sudden the 2DS made sense to me. I just this second ordered a white 2DS with New Art Academy, Mario Kart 7 and Nintendogs + Cats for her.

Time for my niece to begin her video game training. I might get her Mario 3D Land to go with it, but I imagine I'll be spending a few hours showing how to really get into it.

Possible new 2DS on the way....

5d50BmV.jpg

It looks pretty legit. With this being leaked ( if it is indeed true ) and the rumour of Luigi's Mansion 2 Wii U port, surely a ND is on the way?

Is that the fastest a newly released console has ever gotten a special edition of?

That's gotta be a record! :o

On the subject of a Nintendo Direct coming soon, VD Dev (developers of VRally GBA, COP: The Recruit and the upcoming 3DS game Ironfall) have said that their new game will be revealed in a video, due to be released on the 28th.

Shinen have also said that their new Wii U games are due to be unveiled in "a matter of days" on their Twitter page...

Make of that what you will :)

That being said, we've never had two normal Nintendo Directs in the same month before...

Nintendo should aggressively port 3DS games to the Wii U. I want Kid Icarus with two analog sticks.

Nintendo should aggressively port 3DS games to the Wii U. I want Kid Icarus with two analog sticks.

Should they literally be aggressive about it? Iwata marching around shouting "DO IT QUICKER YOU USELESS BUNCH OF NITWITS, GUY WANTS THIS GAME NOW!"?

Should they literally be aggressive about it? Iwata marching around shouting "DO IT QUICKER YOU USELESS BUNCH OF NITWITS, GUY WANTS THIS GAME NOW!"?

All that rage accompanied by his signature grin and slightly lazy "is he going to wink?" eye.

So my 3DS has been repaired today, should be sent back to me tomorrow hopefully get it early next week.

Capture_zpsfaf7bcdf.jpg

Whats with that "Job Held" bit..... never seen that before?

Jap one :) , I wanted an import machine

Aw. Had my hopes way up there. I did she someone has a PAL unit already though.

3DS XL to get coloured charging cradles on Club Nintendo from 31st Oct.

Nice was pretty jealous of NoA getting them. Might pick one up for my Japanese unit, finally.