NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Thanks guys! I hadn't actually thought of downloadable games, in terms of virtual console games I definitely want to get Links Awakening to re play that!

Are there many decent non-vc games on the e-shop?

I'll definitely look at Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus too, they look like fun!

You'll defintely enjoy both Fire Emblem & Kid Icarus. Those are my top 2 retail games.

There is indeed a variety of good 3DS eShop games.

Here are the ones I own:

• Mighty Switch Force!
  • Pullblox
  • VVVVVV
  • Mutant Mudds
  • Dillon's Rolling Western
  • Zen Pinball
  • Marvel Pinball
  • Bird Mania 3D
  • Splash or Crash
  • Freakyforms
  • escapeVektor
  • Speedthru: Potzol's Puzzle
  • Art of Balance TOUCH!
  • The Denpa Men: They Came by Wave
  • Crimson Shroud
  • Liberation Maiden
  • Aero Porter
  • Colors 3D! (Painting app)

However there are still many other good titles that I haven't bought yet such as NightSky, Fallblox, Hydroventure, The Denpa Men 2, Nano Assault EX, Gunman Clive, Picross E & E2, Harmoknight, Mario & Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move, Sakura Samurai etc.

EDIT: 3DS eShop games (EU/PAL) filtered by rating on NL:

http://www.nintendolife.com/eshop/games?region=pal&system=eshop&submit=Filter&sort=rating

Edited by -Dem0-

For eShop games it's all about Mighty Switch Force and Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move.

Those 2 will last you a while and are both great fun and perfect for a handheld.

I also must mention Harmo Knight which is the most addictive and equally frustrating and joyous game!

If you like rhythm games then you will absolutely love this!

Those should keep you going whilst you enjoy all of the retail goodness on offer!

If you haven't played Donkey Kong Country Returns on Wii - you must buy it for the 3ds. It's amazing. Even if you've played the Wii original, I'd still recommend it for the 3ds. Brilliant game!

What are people's favourite games?

My current list of favourites:

Retail

* Fire Emblem: Awakening

* New Super Mario Bros 2

* Super Mario 3D Land

* Ocarina of Time 3D

* Pilotwings Resort

Star Fox 64 is high quality as well. From what I've played of it, Mario Kart 7 seems good, but I never buy them because I know they'll annoy me!

eShop/Virtual Console

* Mighty Switch Force

* Link's Awakening

Sure to change when WayForward release more games. And Nintendo, get the GBA on there, please! :)

So I basically want to buy Fire Emblem: Awakening and another game from the the 'too many games' promotion in order to get my download code for one of those 7 games. (I'm looking at you, Animal Crossing)

Then, after the 30th, I want to buy, no, I need to buy Mario&Luigi: Dream Team.

The Twist?

I have no money.

What should I do?

My current list of favourites:

Retail

* Fire Emblem: Awakening

* New Super Mario Bros 2

* Super Mario 3D Land

* Ocarina of Time 3D

* Pilotwings Resort

Star Fox 64 is high quality as well. From what I've played of it, Mario Kart 7 seems good, but I never buy them because I know they'll annoy me!

eShop/Virtual Console

* Mighty Switch Force

* Link's Awakening

Sure to change when WayForward release more games. And Nintendo, get the GBA on there, please! :)

3DS Retail

Fire Emblem Awakening

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Super Mario 3D Land

Mario Kart 7

Kid Icarus

Resident Evil Revelations/Mercenaries

Pilotwings

Zelda OoT

eShop

Picross E/E2

Mutant Mudds

Mighty Switchforce!

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I really did not think the 3DS had so many great titles already, I suppose it has been out for nearly two years though.

Looks like I'll be having a busy Winter :)

So I basically want to buy Fire Emblem: Awakening and another game from the the 'too many games' promotion in order to get my download code for one of those 7 games. (I'm looking at you, Animal Crossing)

Then, after the 30th, I want to buy, no, I need to buy Mario&Luigi: Dream Team.

The Twist?

I have no money.

What should I do?

Sell some unwanted games/items? Give up alcohol for a few weeks?

Sell some unwanted games/items? Give up alcohol for a few weeks?

Hahahaha, oh good one stev. good one.

Thanks guys! I hadn't actually thought of downloadable games, in terms of virtual console games I definitely want to get Links Awakening to re play that!

I'll definitely look at Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus too, they look like fun!

Right now I'd highly recommend also grabbing both the Oracle games; you might get a top-down Zelda overload with those AND link's awakening, but I think they're just fantastic tbh.

My 3DS is bit of a pain, the battery isn't as great as it used to be, the pen always falls out and the top screen is awful. It always has those temporary lines thanks to the bottom screen rubbing on it and there's a crack going across the inside of the top screen. It's only noticeable when the screen is totally black but it's still annoying.

Anyway, all of that put together really puts me off ever using it. Which is a shame as Luigi's Mansion is great fun and I plan to get Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing soon! With that in mind I think I'm gonna get an XL! Does anyone know where I can get one for a decent price in the UK?

Also, I see so many different designs but I'm not even sure which ones are available over here. I'm really hoping the Luigi one is :P

Final question: Is it easy to transfer my data over? Thanks guys!

Is it easy to transfer my data over? Thanks guys!

Yes it is. Just make sure to backup your files beforehand just as a precaution.

My 3DS is bit of a pain, the battery isn't as great as it used to be, the pen always falls out and the top screen is awful. It always has those temporary lines thanks to the bottom screen rubbing on it and there's a crack going across the inside of the top screen. It's only noticeable when the screen is totally black but it's still annoying.

Anyway, all of that put together really puts me off ever using it. Which is a shame as Luigi's Mansion is great fun and I plan to get Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing soon! With that in mind I think I'm gonna get an XL! Does anyone know where I can get one for a decent price in the UK?

Also, I see so many different designs but I'm not even sure which ones are available over here. I'm really hoping the Luigi one is :P

Final question: Is it easy to transfer my data over? Thanks guys!

-Dem0- posted a great deal the other day for a 3ds XL at Curry's but I just checked and it's back up to £164.99.

I would recommend GAME personally. They currently have money off all of their XL models by entering a promotional code during the checkout which takes £40 off any XL model - including the special edition Fire Emblem ones and also the Pikachu one too. I guess it will also work if pre-ordering the Animal Crossing edition one too which comes with the game digitally pre-installed! Might be a good one for you if you're looking at buying that game anyway! It's also a pretty neat looking console!

GAME were also running an offer where you chose to buy either Fire Emblem or Monster Hunter and they provided you with 2 free games from Nintendo's 'too many games' promotion. This then allowed you to choose a further 4th free game on top of that! So a great way to get a couple of quality digital games on your console from the get go!

Not sure if that is just in store though! As for buying just the console on it's own, I'm not sure sorry. Maybe try looking in supermarkets or the usual ShopTo / Zavvi etc. Might be able to get a decent price on a stand alone console!

Regarding the transfer - it's easy as anything. As you do it the 3ds will throw up step by step instructions which makes it a pretty simple process.

Let us know what you decide to go with! :grin:

Damn Automerg

Nintendo are partnering with o2 to bring us gamers free Wi-Fi access at over 8000 hot spots in the UK.

Taken from here:

http://thenextweb.com/gadgets/2013/06/05/nintendo-partners-with-02-to-give-3ds-owners-free-wi-fi-access-at-over-8000-hotspots-in-the-uk/

Playing online is a huge challenge for handheld gamers. Unlike smartphones or tablets, where the user already has a data plan setup with the mobile network operator, many dedicated gaming devices are restricted to Wi-Fi only. It means that connecting to the Internet is a tricky business for almost anywhere outside of the player’s home.

To this end, O2 has partnered with Nintendo to offer free Wi-Fi access to Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL owners across the United Kingdom. Players will be connected to the service automatically whenever they enter one of the “thousands” of available hotspots.

High-street chains such as McDonalds, Costa Coffee, Toby Carvery and Pizza Hut will be covered by the service, as well as prolific public venues such as The O2, Twickenham, Bluewater and the Central London boroughs of Westminster and Kensington & Chelsea.

Nitnendo 3DS owners will need to have the latest system update – no surprises there – and will be notified whenever they’re in a Wi-Fi area via the system’s built-in Hotspot finder. A ‘Nintendo Zone’ icon will then blink to notify the player that free Internet access is available, thereby enabling all of the system’s online functionality.

Competitive and collaborative multiplayer is an obvious draw for the service. Mario Kart 7 and Mario Tennis Open – the French Open is on right now, after all – are just a couple of titles which allow players to compete with one another across the globe.

The functionality of the Nintendo 3DS goes farther than that, however. Owners will be able to access the Nintendo eShop to buy and download new games, as well as receive software updates while they’re on the go. They’ll also be able to browse the Internet, download movie trailers or receive SpotPass content – exclusive content doled out based on the user’s location – almost immediately.

“Nintendo is a leading brand in the gaming world and have shown real innovation in the industry, making them an ideal partner for O2 Wifi,” Gavin Franks, MD of O2 Wifi said. “With the popularity of online multiplayer gaming continuing to rise, customers are looking for a fast, free accessible Wi-Fi connection when they’re on the move – something that we know is becoming perceived as a right, rather than a privilege.”

O2 Wi-Fi launched a little over two years ago and now has over 8,000 hotspots in the UK. The partnership with Nintendo is now live in selected hotspot areas, but will continue to roll out over in additional areas.

Doesn't mean much to me as I rarely take my 3ds out the home. And I don't think I'd play online even if I did take it out! Still, good news I guess!

Edited by Aneres11
Automerged Doublepost

Fan-art

tumblr_mnxtilxWqx1qzp9weo1_1280.jpg

Don't understand all this mother loving, but when the VC title hits I'm sure to give it a go and see what the fuss is all about.

With that in mind I think I'm gonna get an XL! Does anyone know where I can get one for a decent price in the UK?

From me! :D

I still have two 3DS XL consoles boxed from when the console was first released - we had a lot of 3DS original consoles in the house so we traded them in at game when they had the deal on - so if you like I can sell you one for £155 including Special Delivery, obviously there are no full retail games on the systems plus the actual console codes have been registered elsewhere - only really a concern if you're concerned about stars or want to take part in the Monster Hunter promotion - but the lower than most retail outlets price-point should reflect this.

Anyway, no pressure but if you're interested then you'd have a choice of either Blue or Silver and if you were looking to buy a retail game with it I could sell you either Zelda and/or Tales of the Abyss with it at a reduced price.

Send me a PM if you're interested but feel free to shop around first but I think most people would probably agree that it's a fair price. : peace:

Presumably that's a limited time offer though? In any case @Josh64 you'd be better off going with the Tesco deal, the best I could do in an attempt to match it is to throw in one of the retail games into the package at no extra cost. ::shrug:

I'm quite tempted to sell my 3DS and get an XL (though screen size to resolution worries me a bit). I was wondering though, what are the odds that Nintendo will release new designs at E3? The silver/red/blue ones don't really appeal to me that much, though I suppose blue is ok. A black one would be nice :-)

Any likelihood of them releasing more colours soon?

(I'm assuming a 3DS XL i is a while off)

Edited by Ronnie

I'm quite tempted to sell my 3DS and get an XL (though screen size to resolution worries me a bit). I was wondering though, what are the odds that Nintendo will release new designs at E3?

I actually think that's quite likely. Not that I'd want to put anyone off getting one (does the offer last for a week or so?), but I really wouldn't be surprised at some sort of 3DS revamp. Exactly how they'd revamp it, I don't know, although I could see one with more storage that really emphasises the fact you can download retail games.

Posted this in the Bargains thread so just to make sure others see it too I'm posting it here.

Nintendo 3DS XL for £119, but that's not all. Use this code to get a further £15 off:

TDXR-7TGW

That brings it down to £104.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/nintendo-3ds-xl-black-silver/275-2139.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=275-2139&sc_cmp=aff_1018132

Cheers for this (although the code didn't work for me, so I found one for £10 off for a new customer), just got the Blue one for £109.

Only problem is it says I can't pick it up until after 4PM on Monday. I wonder if I'd be able to pick it up if I went early, or if they do have to wait for a delivery.

Cheers for this (although the code didn't work for me, so I found one for £10 off for a new customer), just got the Blue one for £109.

Only problem is it says I can't pick it up until after 4PM on Monday. I wonder if I'd be able to pick it up if I went early, or if they do have to wait for a delivery.

I'd say just contact the local store on the day; they probs say 4pm just to account for potentially late delivery; it might be there and processed by like 1 or 2pm though. Then again is it any major rush?

I just did the same deal as Rez and got the black and red! I'm at work till 9.30 on Monday though so might have to get it on the Tuesday!

I just did the same deal as Rez and got the black and red! I'm at work till 9.30 on Monday though so might have to get it on the Tuesday!

Our Tesco is 24 hours

I'm so broke right now, but I've managed to get some work tomorrow that'll net me about £90. Do I put that towards being less broke OR....buy myself a 3DS XL...hmm.

I must be one of the few left who prefer the normal 3DS over the XL, having tried the XL for myself. The one thing that puts me off getting an XL is the resolution of some games, particulary the Mario titles. The screen-size is great, the size is decent.

The only reason i would get a XL is if my current 3DS decided it didn't want to work as well.

I must be one of the few left who prefer the normal 3DS over the XL, having tried the XL for myself.

Amen to that man. :hug:

I also prefer the original. Far and away the better quality console.

I must stress though that mine is the Princess Peach edition - so therefore it will always be better than anything else. Ever. :heh: