NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

White 3DS XL with Mario Kart 7/Mario 3DS Land now £142.49 at Amazon! (Plus free game!)

They had to lower the price right after I ordered my import unit, didn't they?

White 3DS XL with Mario Kart 7/Mario 3DS Land now £142.49 at Amazon! (Plus free game!)

They had to lower the price right after I ordered my import unit, didn't they?

Yeah I noticed that.

Not that bothered though as already have a UK 3DS and was always gonna get a Japanese XL.

Blimey that's a cracking price!

@Mike1988uk came round to mine this evening for a bit and he brought his 3DS. His is an original and I recently got an XL.

I had a little :cry: at how beautiful the original 3DS is!

Like seriously. It really is a lovely little console and almost made me regret the decision of going for an XL for Christmas!

I do like the big screen on the XL but the original model has a much whiter, and crisper screen. I played a little bit of Mario Kart and found the screen to be a little cramped but everything did have an added level of crispness that the XL is missing (for obvious reasons!)

I still love my XL but it was really nice to have the consoles side by side and see exactly how they compare. I was surprised how much I liked the original! :grin:

Blimey that's a cracking price!

@Mike1988uk came round to mine this evening for a bit and he brought his 3DS. His is an original and I recently got an XL.

I had a little :cry: at how beautiful the original 3DS is!

Like seriously. It really is a lovely little console and almost made me regret the decision of going for an XL for Christmas!

I do like the big screen on the XL but the original model has a much whiter, and crisper screen. I played a little bit of Mario Kart and found the screen to be a little cramped but everything did have an added level of crispness that the XL is missing (for obvious reasons!)

I still love my XL but it was really nice to have the consoles side by side and see exactly how they compare. I was surprised how much I liked the original! :grin:

I thought you weren't going to give it me back at one point! ;)

So, the day I got mine, I got 1 street pass from myself.

Yesterday, 4 streetpasses.

Today? 10 streetpasses and unlocked 6 achievements at once haha. Feels gooood. Loving the Bravely Default streetpass feature too!

You'll rack up a lot of streetpasses over there.

I on the other hand only get streetpasses when I go to and from uni.

Fun fact

The 3DS broke 10 million units in Japan last week, in less than two years :)

Price has gone back up on the Mario Kart 7 bundle, grab the Mario Land pack quick if your interested.

Fun fact

The 3DS broke 10 million units in Japan last week, in less than two years :)

Just think, this year Japan will get Dragon Quest VII, Monster Hunter 4 and Pokemon X/Y! Yup, Nintendo pretty much own Japan at this point.

I bought myself a white 3DS with Mario Land for £100 from Morrisons just before Xmas and I'm liking it very much! I had a DS Lite but sort of lost interest in it a few years ago as all the games seemed to be kiddy ones. I did a bit of researching recently though and have ordered over 10 DS games that I'd missed out on, as well as some 3DS games.

Was very tempted by the cheap Amazon/Play 3DS XL recently but definitely couldn't justify that!!

It's good to be back here - I used to post a lot in the bargain forum a few years ago!

It's good to be back here - I used to post a lot in the bargain forum a few years ago!
Hello Locky, long time no see! :)

Hehehe, I remember making that avatar for you. :heh: I also remember your awesome bargain hunting skills. icon14.gif

Anyway, welcome back.

: peace:

Hello Locky, long time no see! :)

Hehehe, I remember making that avatar for you. :heh: I also remember your awesome bargain hunting skills. icon14.gif

Anyway, welcome back.

: peace:

Aneres11, my avatar is cool isn't it?! : peace:

Hi RedShell, I'm surprised anyone remembers me! It's good to be back! I've got a lot of reading to do - I don't understand any of this DS eShop business!

Will have to try and find some good deals to post - that bargains thread is looking a bit quiet!

Holy crap its Locky.

Ha ha, do you remember me? Hello! :grin:

Hmm, I've just put together a list of all the games I've bought recently ... :blush:

DS

9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors

Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth

Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice

Cate West: Vanishing Files

Chocolatier

Dementium II

Henry Hatsworth

Ivy the Kiwi

Last Window: Secret of Cape West

Lost in Blue 3

The Legendary Starfy

3DS

Bit.Trip Saga

Boulder Dash XL 3D

Crush 3D

Dr Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights

James Noir's Hollywood Crimes

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

Virtue's Last Reward

Good job most of them were cheap!! I'd better get playing!

Man, there are some questionable choices on that list. :p

Have you played Ghost Trick? I only ask because it has one of the best stories on the DS, along with the Ace Attorney series and 999, and you seem to be really interested in games like that.

Man, there are some questionable choices on that list. :p

Have you played Ghost Trick? I only ask because it has one of the best stories on the DS, along with the Ace Attorney series and 999, and you seem to be really interested in games like that.

Ha ha, really? Which ones?! :heh:

Will check Ghost Trick out. Thanks for the recommendation!

Ha ha, really? Which ones?! :heh:

To be honest, it was mostly a gut feeling based on vague memories of reviews and not even having heard of some of the games, but I was thinking of games like Cate West: Vanishing Files. ONM called it "basic but reasonably compelling" and our very own N-E called it "not terrible". Talk about faint praise!

You've got some great games on that list too, though, so maybe it'll even out.

A bit of off-topic here, but has anyone played The 4 Heroes of Light for the DS?Is it any good?

I have been playing a lot of Final Fantasy lately and thought this spinn-off might be a good play, but is it worth the price? Can't find it all over the place, at least not in Finland.

Ha ha, do you remember me? Hello! :grin:

Hmm, I've just put together a list of all the games I've bought recently ... :blush:

The Legendary Starfy

Whoa! Locky is back! The Pig Marcher showed up out of nowhere as well in the PS3 topic. hey are coming out of the woodwork. :D

Good stuff. I loved this game. It's so colourful and full of charm. It's just a shame it didn't get released over here so more people could play it.

IMG_20130111_190911.jpg

Japanese unit arrived!

So much content on the eShop it's unbelievable. Already downloading 10 demos, loads more retail games available to download digitally.

Downloading Monster Hunter 3G demo, Project X, Etrian Oddyssey IV, Harmoknight, and more!

Trying very hard to resist buying Animal Crossing.

Edited by Ike

Awesome stuff man!

How you liking the White LL?

So much content on the eShop it's unbelievable.

You'll probably be spending a lot of time on there, but it's true though, the JP eShop has a lot going for it, you can just tell by the new content they get every week.

Give us some impressions when you get the chance :)

IMG_20130111_190911.jpg

Japanese unit arrived!

So much content on the eShop it's unbelievable. Already downloading 10 demos, loads more retail games available to download digitally, didn't even know Dragon Quest Monsters had a digital download.

Downloading Monster Hunter 3G demo, Project X, Etrian Oddyssey IV, Harmoknight, and more!

Trying very hard to resist buying Animal Crossing.

It's at this point that you realise how just how much we're being treated like 2nd class citizens here :( (And how BLOODY AWESOME the eShop retail downloads are for importers! :D )