NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

But surely if it's no where near due, why include it?

Why not include it? Bayonetta 2 and Monolith Soft's new IP are both listed and they're not coming out for ages.

"Hoshi no Kirby Wii" was included on the list for years and years (to the point where I started to think that it was just a running gag :laughing:) and "The Legend of Zelda Wii" was listed as early as 2009! (before its E3 2010 unveiling even!)

I really don't think it's indicative of anything really. It's still probably not gonna hit till 2014 (and possibly 2015 for the Wii U game)

Edited by Dcubed

Animal crossing, which was supposed tobe out this year, will eject Xmas wont it?

And nintendo wonder why the 3ds isn't doing as well as they hoped, maybe because they canceled all they games this year? Maybe! Luigis, animal crossing were expected tobe out. Paper mario is nice,but a bit of a niche title.

Why not include it? Bayonetta 2 and Monolith Soft's new IP are both listed and they're not coming out for ages.

"Hoshi no Kirby Wii" was included on the list for years and years (to the point where I started to think that it was just a running gag :laughing:) and "The Legend of Zelda Wii" was listed as early as 2009! (before its E3 2010 unveiling even!)

I really don't think it's indicative of anything really. It's still probably not gonna hit till 2014 (and possibly 2015 for the Wii U game)

Ahhh I didn't even look at the source, I thought it was the schedule for the first half of 2012

http://www.koi-nya.net/2012/11/05/cyberconnect-2-esta-trabajando-en-un-un-nuevo-juego-basado-en-el-mundo-de-solatorobo/

New Solatorobo game in the works. Hope it's for the 3DS. I bought the DS game when it came out, liked the Ghibli art style, setting and music, but somehow never played more than a few hours (mainly being distracted by DQ6, Chrono Trigger and Bowser's Inside story - and now Pokemon Black!).

People who are paranoid about the so-called "furry"-ness needn't be alarmed. It was all very innocent from what I played, nothing creepy or weird.

Edited by Lens of Truth

Now according to a guy who is prolific in the reverse engineering scene, the 3DS has been hacked but the method is yet to be released. This is the full 3DS mode, not the DS mode.

It's important to note that he isn't doing this himself, but he has probably heard it from the circles he is in. He even mentions he himself doesn't own a 3DS. I know that the 3DS firmware has supposedly been decrypted, but I'm incredibly curious as to what it actually entails.

The only thing I'd want to come from the 3DS being hacked is good quality, fx-less soundtrack rips from the likes of Mario Kart, Paper Mario and Power of Illusion.

The only thing I'd want to come from the 3DS being hacked is good quality, fx-less soundtrack rips from the likes of Mario Kart, Paper Mario and Power of Illusion.

add the region lock!

thats the one thing I would want to see removed.

And here comes the piracy.

It'll result in some piracy, but hey, look how successful the DS was!

The guy could be talking complete BS. It's not like showboating, maniacal egos and melodrama isn't a thing in the world of hackers...

Don't believe it until it's out and verified working.

The guy could be talking complete BS. It's not like showboating, maniacal egos and melodrama isn't a thing in the world of hackers...

Don't believe it until it's out and verified working.

I've known of this guy for a while, he's on the completely other end of the scale from the people who are on the dedicated video games scene.

It's also best to reiterate that he is only sharing what he has heard and he only shared it as an answer to a question some one asked. Hardly showboating.

As far as I can guess, this wont be something will allow flash cards like the DS. This will most likely be limited to custom OS's only, allowing homebrew applications and should be able to disable region protection.

I'd love for flashcards to be working on 3DS some day. There were some amazing fan translations of Japanese DS games that never came out over here. For now, removal of the absolutely ABSURD region locking would be very welcome.

Edited by Guy

If it happens, it happens. Things like the region lock are highly against Nintendo in that regard though; it pushes legitimate folks closer to the world of piracy just by wanting games they've been denied. Essentially if it does happen I just feel they've done themselves no favours.

This might be a silly or easily answered question, but how does the region lock on the 3DS work? Is it region free for retail games like the regular DS? With you only being able to download games from the region you bought it in? Or is there a proper lock like with the Wii?

I am thinking of buying one soon, but moving to Australia next year. As far as I know they are a PAL region anyway? But would I have worse online performance if I was connecting to European servers from all the way there?

This might be a silly or easily answered question, but how does the region lock on the 3DS work? Is it region free for retail games like the regular DS? With you only being able to download games from the region you bought it in? Or is there a proper lock like with the Wii?

I am thinking of buying one soon, but moving to Australia next year. As far as I know they are a PAL region anyway? But would I have worse online performance if I was connecting to European servers from all the way there?

You know, if you take that job offer, you won't have to worry about any of this stuff. Maybe just stay in Ireland forever!

But yeah, the 3DS is locked down tight, so there's no importing games, retail or otherwise. But Australia is part of the PAL region, so it won't be a problem for you. The price of games over there might be, though...

You know, if you take that job offer, you won't have to worry about any of this stuff. Maybe just stay in Ireland forever!

But yeah, the 3DS is locked down tight, so there's no importing games, retail or otherwise. But Australia is part of the PAL region, so it won't be a problem for you. The price of games over there might be, though...

Everything is expensive in Australia haha. But I'll hopefully be earning over there so it should be okay!

Anyone any tips on the best price for a 3DS XL? Getting my GF's little bro one from Santa.

Are the new bundle versions out yet where you get SML or MK7 built in?

Thought one of you may be able to point me in the right direction as have had a look and not sure of any decent deals.

Anyone any tips on the best price for a 3DS XL? Getting my GF's little bro one from Santa.

Are the new bundle versions out yet where you get SML or MK7 built in?

Thought one of you may be able to point me in the right direction as have had a look and not sure of any decent deals.

Yes, they are!

http://www.n-europe.com/news/white-nintendo-3ds-xl-mario-kart-7-super-mario-3d-land-trailers

And the above post is a tasty deal indeed. Thanks for the heads up @welsh_gamer