NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Finding it very amusing how one of the only flash cards that still works on the 3DS after the latest update is an R4. I would of thought Nintendo would be aware that R4 is still around.

That card just so happens to have save IC support. The way that Nintendo has blocked these cards is by checking whether or not the card that is inserted has proper save IC hardware and if it doesn't (which most flash cards do not), the hardware is blocked.

Unfortunately, they can't outright block R4 cards through a hardware check. They're stuck using the same whack a mole software check methods that they've been using for a while now.

Hotel Transylvania can be pre-ordered at GAME for £14.99

It's a metroidvania style adventure from WayForward, so could be pretty decent, if anyone's looking for a 'filler' game this Winter.

You think those memory card prices are ridiculous?

They're cheaper than Vita memory cards, and the official ones are the only ones you can get.

Yeah, but that's just Sony. There must be someone working for Sony who has the job of literally shafting their customers with the Memory Cards. It's with all their electrical products that require removable memory, and it was the main reason I backed HD DVD's not BluRay's. Damn that failed! God damn over-priced Sony Proprietry Technology.

Hotel Transylvania (3DS)

Hotel Transylvania had strong potential to overcome the stigma of movie tie-in games, but with clumsy controls, repetitive gameplay, and a front-to-back experience lasting less than three hours, it's difficult to see it as anything more than a well-intentioned cash in. If we had to describe this game in two words, we'd pick "squandered potential". If we only had one word, we'd pick "no".

Full Review

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds/hotel_transylvania

Ouch...

Hmm, I did have my doubts about Hotel Transylvania, but I appreciate you chaps alerting us to the game. Shame, because I really do like the genre. More Shantae and Metroid please!

Introducing new 3dsxl models in Japan

0SeqD.jpg

zQKdJ.jpg

DYdlK.jpg

ffOCT.png

Xa1QO.jpg

As much as I love Animal Crossing I think the special edition Mario one does it for me.

So MH3U is the first 3rd party title to get a dual retail/eShop release then. Great to see that non 1st party titles are finally joining in!

Also great to see that older titles (MK7! :D) are finally announced for the Japanese eShop. Can't take that long for them to appear over here then.

Edit: Oh, there is even a bit about save data transfer for Mario Kart (physical 2 digital copy) at the end of this Nintendo Direct. Nice touch.

I still think the Fire Emblem 3DS Console was the best looking one we've seen so far.

Edit: Oh, there is even a bit about save data transfer for Mario Kart (physical 2 digital copy) at the end of this Nintendo Direct. Nice touch.

Nice! Actually thought they wouldn't bother. Nice to know if there's a way to get a cheap digital version at some point.

Ooh! Now this IS interesting!

Seems that AKB48+Me is going to include a digital copy inside the retail box! (so you get two copies of the game when you buy it at retail!)

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/32058

It's an industry first! I hope this becomes a standard, because I've been wanting to see something like this for ages (like how some Blurays come with a digital copy as well) :D

Ooh! Now this IS interesting!

Seems that AKB48+Me is going to include a digital copy inside the retail box! (so you get two copies of the game when you buy it at retail!)

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/32058

It's an industry first! I hope this becomes a standard, because I've been wanting to see something like this for ages (like how some Blurays come with a digital copy as well) :D

Indeed, very interesting.

Guessing most people will just use the digital version and flog/give away the retail one though. :heh:

I still wish that Nintendo would make the digital versions of earlier 3DS titles available (free of charge ;)) to those that purchased the retail version. I'd love to have MK7 permanently installed on my 3DS. :hehe:

eShop retail game file sizes:

-Animal Crossing: Jump Out – 8,192 blocks (1 GB)

-Mario & Sonic at the London Olympics – 4,096 blocks (512 MB)

-Mario Kart 7 – 8,192 blocks (1 GB)

-Mario Tennis Open – 4,096 blocks (512 MB)

-Super Mario 3D Land – 4,096 blocks (512 MB)

-Pilotwings Resort – 1,024 blocks (128 MB)

-Hana to Ikimono no Rittai Zukan (3D Encyclopedia of Flora and Fauna) – 8,192 blocks (1 GB)

-Star Fox 64 3D – 5,120 blocks (640 MB)

-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D – 4,096 blocks (512 MB)

I would've thought that AC will be bigger than that.

eShop retail game file sizes:I would've thought that AC will be bigger than that.

Actually, that's a lot bigger than I expected. The Animal Crossing games are always really small. AC Wii was only about 320MB, Wild World was 64MB IIRC and the GCN/N64 game was only 32MB!

How long is this going for or is it just based on a limited amount of stock?

Anyone apart from canand getting this?

Looks like Devil Survivor Overclocked & Devil Survivor 2 are going to be released next month. Shopto has them being released on 16/11/12.

Actually, that's a lot bigger than I expected. The Animal Crossing games are always really small. AC Wii was only about 320MB, Wild World was 64MB IIRC and the GCN/N64 game was only 32MB!

Yup. In fact, the Gamecube version was so small you could take the disc out and as long as you kept the power on to the console, you could play it for as long as you like because the whole game was stored onto the RAM!

EU updated release schedule:

Professor Layton And The Miracle Mask – 26 Oct 2012

New Style Boutique – 16 Nov 2012

Paper Mario: Sticker Star – 7 Dec 2012

Luigi’s Mansion 2 – Jan-Mar 2013

Fire Emblem – Apr-Jun 2013

Animal Crossing – 2013

Brain Training 2 – 2013

LEGO City Undercover – TBC

Super Smash Bros. – TBC

http://www.nintendo-gamer.net/2012/10/25/nintendo-updates-first-party-uk-release-schedule/

Nice to have a narrowed down release date for Fire Emblem at last.

Smash Bros is on the list? Whaaaaat

They did announce it 18 months ago.

They did announce it 18 months ago.

But surely if it's no where near due, why include it?