NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Ah yes I now have Minish Cap to dive into sometime now that I've completed with Skyward Sword! :D

Ah yes I now have Minish Cap to dive into sometime now that I've completed with Skyward Sword! :D

Stunning game, with awesome characters. I really need to play through that again at some point.

Heh, I did the exact same thing;)

Has much more charm if I do say so myself:grin:

Have you ever played it?

Heh, I did the exact same thing;)

Has much more charm if I do say so myself:grin:

Have you ever played it?

Nope never played it! :D

I've had it on the 3DS for a while now, but yeah, holding off for Skyward Sword.

Largely because I thought Vaati might be in Skyward Sword, or that the stories might have connected; but that wasn't really the case in the end.

For a long time in Skyward Sword I still thought/hoped there was a chance that Ghirahim's Master was Vaati, but nope.

But we got an amazing great game in Skyward Sword never the less! :D

Games like Minish Cap, and much more so the Oracles, really show the charm and individual appeal games of the Zelda series should have. Would absolutely love to see OoS and OoA on 3DS download!

Stunning game, with awesome characters. I really need to play through that again at some point.

Still think Oracles are better :p

I'm with Rummy, i have fonder memories of The Oracles. when i first got minish cap i found it a bit boring and short, i don't know why, but i left it a month or so (replayed Alttp and the Oracles) and restarted it and loved it

Has anyone done a system transfer between two 3DS' before? I managed to find a Zelda 3DS at carbonfusion.co.uk (who still have new stock) so i'm transferring everything over, i hope it keeps the ambassador stuff.

Its quite amusing the graphics for the transfer, its all pikmin picking up data and building the new "file" along with building a progress %

Has anyone done a system transfer between two 3DS' before? I managed to find a Zelda 3DS at carbonfusion.co.uk (who still have new stock) so i'm transferring everything over, i hope it keeps the ambassador stuff.

Its quite amusing the graphics for the transfer, its all pikmin picking up data and building the new "file" along with building a progress %

Yes, it transfers the Ambassador game too. Just make sure you backup your save files. I lost them all when I transferred between two 3DS consoles.

Yeah, so the next time you hear someone say "I'm waiting for the inevitable redesign" which I know I've heard and read thousands of times, you can direct them to this.

I really feel like I'm satisfied with the 3DS hardware as it is. I feel like it's the best for this generation. What we're thinking about right now is probably going to be for a future generation of handheld.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/06/miyamoto_talks_down_idea_of_3ds_redesign

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Mid 2014 seems reasonable to be done as a refresh too, I'm more than happy with the 3DS as it is

This brings up a lot of questions, I think. Will there be any more dual-analogue games? It seems very unlikely to me, especially if Nintendo never builds it into an official model.

Will the 3DS last a long time? 6 years? 4 years? Are they thinking of replacing it with something more profitable? It's hard to imagine the 3DS lasting the usual generation length without revised versions.

I love the 3DS and have had plenty to play over the first two years. Not that I'd be annoyed at a new handheld earlier than usual, it's just the lack of game announcements recently has me wondering... Animal Crossing in particular is a very strange situation.

This brings up a lot of questions, I think. Will there be any more dual-analogue games? It seems very unlikely to me, especially if Nintendo never builds it into an official model.

Will the 3DS last a long time? 6 years? 4 years? Are they thinking of replacing it with something more profitable? It's hard to imagine the 3DS lasting the usual generation length without revised versions.

I love the 3DS and have had plenty to play over the first two years. Not that I'd be annoyed at a new handheld earlier than usual, it's just the lack of game announcements recently has me wondering... Animal Crossing in particular is a very strange situation.

Nintendo always start working on successor consoles/handhelds as soon as the new one comes out. No need to worry, 3DS has a long life ahead of it.

Where is the Nintendo Europe summer/autumn 2012 line-up list I thought we get it after E3

Where is the Nintendo Europe summer/autumn 2012 line-up list I thought we get it after E3

All games are cancelled for Europe. We're holding a funeral for video games instead.

Nintendo look to be going all out on the Digital Download option...

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/120606/02.html

Finally, let’s talk about the games. We’ve got a massive list of AAA content on the way from all of the biggest names in gaming that are all proven franchises, all exclusive to our platform, and all coming to stores both in physical and digital formats in the second half of 2012.

06l.jpg

The thought of having lots of great games in your pocket without having to carry around loads of cartridges sounds highly tempting :hehe:

Has there been any word on whether they are releasing older 3DS games digitally at some point..? ::shrug:

Nintendo look to be going all out on the Digital Download option...
I'm really intrigued by full retail game digital downloads on the 3DS. It seems like a great thing, but I wonder what the pricing is going to be like. Also, how long the downloads will take. I remember even some of the trailers taking a seriously long time to download, I guess the SleepMode download option will be essential for full games.

Has there been any word on whether they are releasing older 3DS games digitally at some point..? ::shrug:
Don't think so. I would love for this to happen though, especially if you could download any title that you've already purchased the physical version of, for free. ;)

Would be awesome to have MK7 permanently on my 3DS system. :awesome:

Edited by RedShell

I'm really intrigued by full retail game digital downloads on the 3DS. It seems like a great thing, but I wonder what the pricing is going to be like.

I would obviously be worried about everything being horribly overpriced but Nintendo did say that you would be able to buy digital download codes from retailers too so hopefully we'll be able to see some great offers there :hehe:

but Nintendo did say that you would be able to buy digital download codes from retailers too so hopefully we'll be able to see some great offers there :hehe:
True. I'd already forgotten about that plan.

I suppose the only other negative to DD (compared to most online retail) would be having to wait until the actual release date to get a game. Only a matter of a few days/hours in most cases, but still something to consider for the impatient. :heh:

Hopefully online retailers like Shopto will sell instant codes, or even the codes themselves for a decent price. Pricing depends if I got digital or not. Will most likely mean not getting games 2 days early though :P

Decided to purchase my first ever Zelda game on the 3DS earlier, Links Awakening DX. Havn't played it in over 12 years, so i think it's the time now to play it once again.

Whilst i await the potential new titles for the 3DS (as and when they decide to release)