NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

I always find that once my 3DS battery meter has 2 bars remaining, that it's pretty much going to run out of juice sooner rather than later. You'd expect 2 bars to be 50% (what with there being 4 bars :indeed:), but it really isn't. ::shrug:

Yeah, I noticed that as well, don't really expect it to drop quite so fast in sleep mode though. The battery seems to drain fast even on 4/3 bars as well in sleep mode.

Anyone else get a SpotPass notification for the Eurosport video software?

I saw the blue light on my 3DS and when I opened it up it said new software had been added, and there was the little present that you get after downloading from the eShop! :o

Unwrapped and opened it, but then I had to go to the eShop anyway to download it (so my 3DS lied to me :heh:). It's basically exactly the same application as Nintendo Video, just with Eurosport content. Some crazy clips on there at the moment, the car crash on the first one is insane! :eek:

So yeah, was nice to get a SpotPass surprise. Nintendo seem to really be getting some momentum with this thing now, which is cool. :smile:

I didn't get a SpotPass and was thinking maybe this would be a UK only thing but checked the eShop and it was there, downloaded it now, waiting on vids to d/l though.

My DS and phone sometimes don't like to connect to my wireless, but I think that's the router as a switch off and on again usually fixes the problem. What I found rather tedious/annoying last night was the fact you can't register a friend code unless your 3DS is actually connected to the internet at the time! Why do they have to do something so retarded like that!

Most domestic routers are absolute crap. They have log tables of devices that recently connected to them which has a capacity of something stupid like 10 devices. The list doesn't clear itself so when it gets full the router just spazzes out. SHould explain your probs.

Genius bit of design there...

Most domestic routers are absolute crap. They have log tables of devices that recently connected to them which has a capacity of something stupid like 10 devices. The list doesn't clear itself so when it gets full the router just spazzes out. SHould explain your probs.

Genius bit of design there...

Nah the router's been knobbing me about for quite a while, it was pretty awesome when it was new, no problems for a few years, did pretty much everything I wanted etc, now it's just a bit temperamental. I know it isn't an issue about too many devices, cos not that much connects to it, it's just old and knackered I think, but cba to replace it/monies.

Still, why make online friends only registerable whilst actually online? I don't even get when/how/who/why that would even be a better idea than just allowing you to add a code each, and it registers once you've both connected(like the old DS). What benefit could it possibly even offer, or is it just another massive oversight by Nintendo again?

Yeah, I noticed that as well, don't really expect it to drop quite so fast in sleep mode though. The battery seems to drain fast even on 4/3 bars as well in sleep mode.
Hmm... You really should be able to get at least 10 hours of running your 3DS in sleep mode with the wireless on, and a few days if wireless is off. :blank:

Pretty sure I've managed about 14 hours of continuous sleep mode + wireless (from a full charge) before.

The Eurosport channel is such a waste of time.

Then Nadal fell in 3D. :laughing: Channel vindicated.

Ha. Ha... Very good. :indeed:

You just wish you could fall over with that much style! :heh: And so does that

:laughing:

Interesting to see so much backlash/disinterest to the Eurosport thing, sure it's nothing special, but it's free yeah. I'd rather see Nintendo getting as much free 3D (free free dee :hehe:) content out there than nowt. ::shrug:

Made a better stop motion clip the other day. Added a little sound effect afterwards to finish it off.

Quick question...

If I sell my 3DS then buy another one at a later date would I be able to transfer my account to the new one and so re-download shop stuff. I'm thinking specifically the ambassador nes and gba games?

Quick question...

If I sell my 3DS then buy another one at a later date would I be able to transfer my account to the new one and so re-download shop stuff. I'm thinking specifically the ambassador nes and gba games?

No. You need both 3DSs to do it.

Why sell it?

I need money and I never play on it.

Why do Nintendo make it so freaking hard to do simple things like this?

This is why you should become a RentBoy or something...you keep the console and get the money

Anyway, the 3DS has sold over 11,000,000 units ahead of my prediction for the end of the year. Could even reach 14,000,000 by then

I need money and I never play on it.

Why do Nintendo make it so freaking hard to do simple things like this?

I expect the 3rd party momentum to start to build but not really pick up any great amount of steam until 2013. By then, I might be able to buy a 3DS and enjoy a lot of handheld gaming whilst waiting for the Wii U to warm up.

I'm totally over being an early adopter.

Aah, since the last update my 3DS switches on after one press once again:smile:

Maybe it's just me but does anyone else find the 3D during video record mode to be unbearable, whereas on photo mode it isn't?

Anyway, the 3DS has sold over 11,000,000 units ahead of my prediction for the end of the year.

Over 11,000,000 units ahead of your prediction? Wow, you were way off. :heh:

Over 11,000,000 units ahead of your prediction? Wow, you were way off. :heh:

Oh how the accidental lack of a comma changes meanings :p

Edited by Serebii

I have noticed a number of faults since the 3ds update,

The 3ds camera's quality has become awful , and yet when i take videos its very clear.

also my date and time keeps resetting, to 1/1/11 i have corrected it twice and it has changed back ? anyone else have these problems?

I have noticed a number of faults since the 3ds update,

The 3ds camera's quality has become awful , and yet when i take videos its very clear.

also my date and time keeps resetting, to 1/1/11 i have corrected it twice and it has changed back ? anyone else have these problems?

No, but I've noticed a different issue that I'm not keen on. When viewing your photo collection, you can't touch any of them without it registering as a double-click (eg. you get the option to delete it).

NEW UPDATE: version 3.0.0-5

..... Don't get excited though no major changes just "system stability improvements"... ie: Bad for flash card hackers and homebrewers (not aware if there is homebrew on 3DS yet or not?)

Not noticed any reduced quality of the camera but as for the date thing

Has happened to me too

Hmm..I'm a bit wary this update messes up the power button again:sad:

Well, so far so good fortunately:smile:

Edited by Nyubi

Okay, there was a discussion on connecting to the internet while youre out and about with the 3DS, I think @Cube was involved. Can' find it

Anyway, was just in cafe nero and I got loads of letterbox letters through, weird, realised I was connected to the internet. Wasn't in my connection list, I was just automatically connected to the cloud network while there. So the 3DS DOES connect to random wifi points without needing to do anything about it. Thought so, but this is 100% certain!