NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Cheers for that vid test @RedShell

I need to come up with some ideas for that stop motion feature for my own Youtube, haha.

What kind of files does the 3DS make (.avi .mov?) did you need to convert them before editing (to add the sound)?

What kind of files does the 3DS make (.avi .mov?) did you need to convert them before editing (to add the sound)?
Vids are saved as .avi, yeah.

I didn't convert it though, just added the music once it was on my PC using VirtualDub.

: peace:

@RedShell Awesome video

Here is one I knocked up too. The only thing I could find was some Sylvanian Families.

I clearly had no plan.

Edited by david.dakota

@RedShell Awesome video

Here is one I knocked up too. The only thing I could find was some Sylvanian Families.

I clearly had no plan.

You're blatantly a serial killer. Was that the little bumming the baby about 5 seconds in?

Can you put the 3D version online and download it on the 3DS to watch in 3D?

You're blatantly a serial killer. Was that the little bumming the baby about 5 seconds in?

You're blatantly a gay rapist. It was a piggy back.

Can you put the 3D version online and download it on the 3DS to watch in 3D?

When looking around the SD card, I couldn't find any other video file to transfer. I had assumed you'd have a 3D and a 2D file like photos.

You're blatantly a gay rapist. It was a piggy back.

When looking around the SD card, I couldn't find any other video file to transfer. I had assumed you'd have a 3D and a 2D file like photos.

Hmmm, I guess letterbox will allow swapping videos, but not the best way of distributing them... Oh Nintendo...

Forest of Sorrow on StreetPass Quest II.. what a bitch. Not many people have yellow as their favourite colour, so only one of my past heroes that I can recruit has it and the second one I need has to come from a wanderer.. so many wasted play coins so far..

I haven't even checked out most of the 3DS as it is, let alone the new features. I have to say time-lapse/stop-motion is an excellent idea, though I say that mainly cos I always wanted to do stop motion stuff as a kid but generally had no good tools for the job. I did once make a couple of awful and stupid animations as a kid with a camera my dad borrowed for a while though, thankfully now lost to the tapes of time!

I come asking general opinions though, as I'm sorta on/should be on a budget but there's a lot out there to get. I only have OoT and FreakyForms so far, but then there's still StarFox, SM3DL, SMK and Tales of the Abyss out there, let alone a whole world of 3DSWare/DSiWare that I don't even know about. Say with...£70-100, what would people recommend out of the aforementioned titles and DSware? I'm tempted by MK for the online aspect, and having skipped the wii version, but I don't know how much it'll impress me really. Similar for Mario 3D.

Bloody hell rummy... That's tricky. Do you have friends who have 3DS's? If so then star fox is a great buy with a single card download play, and a better multiplayer than the original (not hard). And obviously the game is awesome too.

I would though, have to say I would buy Mario 3D and Mario Kart - mario is amazing and is pretty huge so will keep you going for ages (especially if you like the idea of collecting 3 coins on every level and getting the gold flags) and Mario Kart is a series best with unlimited fun with us guys not he forums (and again friends).

Then I would spend the rest on some DSi ware 3DS download games. I have downloaded quite a lot of 3D classics, gameboy games, dsiware and 3DS stuff, but there are people who have downloaded even more. There are some games for a few quid you'll get a lot out of. Even yesterday I downloaded pillbox which is incredible, creative features (presuming it appeals to you with freaky forms in your collection and the animation software) and Zen Pinball; which has online leader boards (and friends leader boards), but obviously only if you like pinball games :) But both are fantastic and for the two come in under a tenner. And there are literally upwards of 50 pieces of software that would be great buys for you to choose from.

Bloody hell rummy... That's tricky. Do you have friends who have 3DS's? If so then star fox is a great buy with a single card download play, and a better multiplayer than the original (not hard). And obviously the game is awesome too.

I would though, have to say I would buy Mario 3D and Mario Kart - mario is amazing and is pretty huge so will keep you going for ages (especially if you like the idea of collecting 3 coins on every level and getting the gold flags) and Mario Kart is a series best with unlimited fun with us guys not he forums (and again friends).

Then I would spend the rest on some DSi ware 3DS download games. I have downloaded quite a lot of 3D classics, gameboy games, dsiware and 3DS stuff, but there are people who have downloaded even more. There are some games for a few quid you'll get a lot out of. Even yesterday I downloaded pillbox which is incredible, creative features (presuming it appeals to you with freaky forms in your collection and the animation software) and Zen Pinball; which has online leader boards (and friends leader boards), but obviously only if you like pinball games :) But both are fantastic and for the two come in under a tenner. And there are literally upwards of 50 pieces of software that would be great buys for you to choose from.

Haha, well it's not like me to be too easy! Cheers for the advice! That budget was rough, probably a little higher than I have atm but I'll hopefully pull a bit in at xmas(as well as putting a bit out, forgot it's only two weeks away :().

At the moment, not many people I know have 3DSes. A guy at work(probs no DSing there), a good friend who I only see quite sporadically(has starfox), and another guy who I usually see in a social situation where we probably shouldn't be busting out our 3DSes but maybe we will. Actually, I've got another guy in that same circle, so maybe I do have friends! Yay!

SM3DL I'll definitely wanna try and get everything. Is it more challenging that NSMB-DS? Whilst I enjoyed that, I found it only rarely challenging(usually on the coin front). I reckon I'll pick up pullblox, that's the second rec for it. Maybe I'll browse the store for the other bits, and it's been a while since I've played anything pinball so maybe I'll check that too. I'm trying to avoid accumulating old/vc/remakes of games off the shop so I'll probably not pick up many 3D classics etc.

MK7 is actually really taking my fancy because of you guys and the online. I still fondly remember wifi-karts that Moria/Charlie done before I was even a member here, and it'd be really good to be able to sink into the community gaming. Was reading the front page article about the MK League on here and it sounded awesome. My worry however is that for MKDS, snaking was an 'issue' and I wasn't one for playing like that. It ended up killing online for me a bit, essentially cos I wasn't good enough to keep up with it, also didn't feel quite in the mk 'style'. I've also seen a few mentions about glitched tracks. Is the online reliable enough to not be frustrating with lag and dropouts?

Mario: Hmm, the first half (which is completing the game) is pretty easy; but always insanely fun, way more than NSMB and imaginative. But after this, the game pretty much doubles in size and from here it's a lot harder I reckon (though not played much yet); it's really big.

Mario Kart: there is no snaking in the game. And I think there is only one glitch so far. Tricky as it's early days, but at the minute it looks like there won't be too many issues with online. Some people have had a few issues connecting (I haven't) but when you're on it couldn't be more perfect!

Others: go on the shop thread and I bet loads of people would be able to give you some great recommendations for cheap downloadable games, but pullbox is a definite treat!

Had a little test on the Stop Motion capabilities of the video recording. Made two vids, one of a DSLite opening and closing, and one of a glass of drink going down.

Sorry for the darkness, they were literally just taken and it's not very bright in my room.

EDIT

So I realized I think I have been using the wrong 'mode' for Stop Motion. I was using the one called 'Clip Link' instead of 'Frame Pic' (why is it not called Stop Motion?) Anyway, even with that, they still turned out OK, I'll have another go some other time with the proper one.

Edited by BowserBasher

Mario: Hmm, the first half (which is completing the game) is pretty easy; but always insanely fun, way more than NSMB and imaginative. But after this, the game pretty much doubles in size and from here it's a lot harder I reckon (though not played much yet); it's really big.

Mario Kart: there is no snaking in the game. And I think there is only one glitch so far. Tricky as it's early days, but at the minute it looks like there won't be too many issues with online. Some people have had a few issues connecting (I haven't) but when you're on it couldn't be more perfect!

Others: go on the shop thread and I bet loads of people would be able to give you some great recommendations for cheap downloadable games, but pullbox is a definite treat!

Well as I just posted in the bargain board/and thread here, I just managed to pick up SM3DL and MK7 for under £60, so you'll be seeing me online soon!

So! Monster Hunter 3G has just been released in Japan.. how well did it do?

Well lets just say that the 3DS did quite well out of it as it sold 378,000 units in one week, making it the best selling week for the system ever.

And to top that, it's now even passed the 3 millions units mark in the territory.

It's such a major pain in the ass that I would have to change my router to WEP so I can play games online on this.

I'm going to have to make sure that it wouldn't mess up my TiVo box and my mates wireless adapter for his PC if I did change the settings.

I don't get why Nintendo just couldn't have made it work with WPA too!

It's such a major pain in the ass that I would have to change my router to WEP so I can play games online on this.

I'm going to have to make sure that it wouldn't mess up my TiVo box and my mates wireless adapter for his PC if I did change the settings.

I don't get why Nintendo just couldn't have made it work with WPA too!

The 3DS should work fine on WPA. It's only the old DS which wasn't compatible.

The 3DS should work fine on WPA. It's only the old DS which wasn't compatible.

How do I get it to work, because it's not doing when I try..? :hmm:

Kav, there is more than one type of WPA encryption as well. If you are still having probs, let me know and I'll do some research. On another point, who is your router made by?

@kav82 Is the router's firmware up-to-date? Yours might be a totally different problem, but I know about at least one type of router, that had connection problems with the Wii, which were resolved after the router's firmware was updated.

It's unlikely that you have the same router, as it is specific for a German Internet provider. If your router's firmware isn't up-to-date though, it's worth a try.

My DS and phone sometimes don't like to connect to my wireless, but I think that's the router as a switch off and on again usually fixes the problem. What I found rather tedious/annoying last night was the fact you can't register a friend code unless your 3DS is actually connected to the internet at the time! Why do they have to do something so retarded like that!

Edited by Rummy

How long should the battery life be in sleep mode? Had 2 bars last night, been in sleep mode today since about 8 and just checked it and it's flat. Got wireless on for street passes but I would have thought it should last longer than this.

Anyone else get a SpotPass notification for the Eurosport video software?

I saw the blue light on my 3DS and when I opened it up it said new software had been added, and there was the little present that you get after downloading from the eShop! :o

Unwrapped and opened it, but then I had to go to the eShop anyway to download it (so my 3DS lied to me :heh:). It's basically exactly the same application as Nintendo Video, just with Eurosport content. Some crazy clips on there at the moment, the car crash on the first one is insane! :eek:

So yeah, was nice to get a SpotPass surprise. Nintendo seem to really be getting some momentum with this thing now, which is cool. :smile:

Anyone else get a SpotPass notification for the Eurosport video software?

I saw the blue light on my 3DS and when I opened it up it said new software had been added, and there was the little present that you get after downloading from the eShop! :o

Unwrapped and opened it, but then I had to go to the eShop anyway to download it (so my 3DS lied to me :heh:). It's basically exactly the same application as Nintendo Video, just with Eurosport content. Some crazy clips on there at the moment, the car crash on the first one is insane! :eek:

So yeah, was nice to get a SpotPass surprise. Nintendo seem to really be getting some momentum with this thing now, which is cool. :smile:

Saw the blue light,

Got excited,

Saw the little present,

Got more excited,

Saw the Eurosport logo,

Deleted the icon.

How long should the battery life be in sleep mode? Had 2 bars last night, been in sleep mode today since about 8 and just checked it and it's flat. Got wireless on for street passes but I would have thought it should last longer than this.
I always find that once my 3DS battery meter has 2 bars remaining, that it's pretty much going to run out of juice sooner rather than later. You'd expect 2 bars to be 50% (what with there being 4 bars :indeed:), but it really isn't. ::shrug:

Saw the blue light,

Got excited,

Saw the little present,

Got more excited,

Saw the Eurosport logo,

Deleted the icon.

LOL. :D

Oh well, at least you got some excitement out of it. :laughing: