NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

So... I bought it. Found the Aqua Blue one for a good price (£161) so I'll probably get it tomorrow.

eShop has been updated with an Ambassador Programme video - handily advising people to visit the eShop before 12 August to register for free games. Excellent work, NOE.

Er, the thing is, I've logged on to the eshop before, but not since the ambassador program was announced, and I won't have access to my 3DS for at least a month. Do I need to sign on before the 12th even though I've been on the eshop previously?

Er, the thing is, I've logged on to the eshop before, but not since the ambassador program was announced, and I won't have access to my 3DS for at least a month. Do I need to sign on before the 12th even though I've been on the eshop previously?

As long as you have signed into the shop before the 12th you will be fine. This means anytime from the launch of the eshop, not just when the programme was announced.

Just seen this on GoNintendo.

Remember when we told you about the Ambassador program from Nintendo, which would send some free GBA games to early 3DS owners? We originally had a list of 5 titles, and then we told you that Kirby and the Amazing Mirror and Super Mario Bros 3: Super Mario Advance 4 were coming as well. Nintendo even followed up and confirmed that info.

Now...they're backpedaling...

We recently sent you an email regarding the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program. Please note that our response may have included some incorrect information about which Game Boy Advance games will be available. The press release from Thursday, July 28th included the correct list of titles to be made available for Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors.

Weird.

I just played Ocarina 3D in GameStation and was blown away. Was thinking about picking a 3DS up since the price-drop was announced. I am undecided whether to pick one up before Wednesday and get the 20 games or get one after the price drop. We'll see if retailers do a little price-drop before the RRP comes down.

I get paid this Friday which is the same day the 3DS gets reduced, isn't it? I might FINALLY get one because my friend got one last week and it only further proves how much I need a 3DS in my life.

Face Raiders was particularly awesome.

For anyone who wants a lower price and the 20 free games, pre-owned 3DS' are £129.99 in GAME stores at the moment. If you can find any, it's a sweet deal.

Rumour time and a welcome one for those wanting a 3DS.

We know that a price cut for the 3DS is hitting in Europe, but what we don't know is just how low the retailers are going to go. It's up to retail chains to make the decision on price, and we're hearing that ASDA's price is set. This Friday, you can expect the 3DS to sell for £134. If that's true, expect other retailers around Europe to have a very similar price.

The biggest thing I want now is MESSAGING!! Why has no gaming publication once quizzed Nintendo on it? Just bizarre. Just ask them outright, "it's retarded there's no messaging. Utterly ridiculous. When's it coming?"

The biggest thing I want now is MESSAGING!! Why has no gaming publication once quizzed Nintendo on it? Just bizarre. Just ask them outright, "it's retarded there's no messaging. Utterly ridiculous. When's it coming?"

The whole friend notification thing is stupid. Why do I need to know a friend has gone online, surely using the orange LED could work as a method of inviting someone?

Just heard about the ambassador thing. Glad I purchased on day 1 :D finally Nintendo do something right for their fans.

A lot of American 3DS fanboys are going ape shit at Wal-Mart for selling the 3DS at a reduced price before the ambassador cut off point.

Who let all these self-entitled kids on the internet?

I hope that price is true, that's a very attractive price. I wonder how those still selling DSi's and XL's will reduce the price of those units in response..

Soooooo got my 3DS today

I never got a DS Lite or DSi, so the jump from my Phat to the 3DS is pretty massive. At first I couldn't believe how small the buttons and pad were. I'm very very happy that the D pad is nowhere near as awkward as I thought it would be.

3D effect is pretty cool. I can't tell much different between the levels of it though. It's either there or it's not.

I'm happy with all of it besides for one thing: the eShop. I'd say pretty much everything about it blows. Layout is horrendous, video/trailer quality is dreadful, prices are ridiculous....and for some reason I can't link to my Club Nintendo account.

1248580_Flame_Red_N3DS_Final.jpg

Red eh... Hmm, not sure if want.

In fact I don't know what the ideal colour of a 3DS would be. See through purple?

I'm very very happy that the D pad is nowhere near as awkward as I thought it would be..

For me, the D-Pad is probably one of my only real complaints with the console :hmm: It does not feel good.. and the buttons, in general, are far from ideal..

I'm actually a little concerned about playing something like Super Mario Advance 4 with that D-Pad :eek:

Seeing that makes the price I paid at launch almost sickening, but if it encourages a lot more people to pick one up then that can only be a good thing for all of us in the long run..

I bit the bullet and bought one today. £130 at Gamestation, although perhaps I should have waited one more day and got one at Tesco! I can't link to my Club Nintendo account either... strange.

3DS sales are going to rebound in Japan. Today is the day of the price drop and there are queues in most places for it :)

So can we get the free games tomorrow?

No. NES ones in September. GBA ones sometime later.