NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

The hinge is a bit loose on mine, is that the issue?

Must be. But now everyone's doomsaying because of it

Must be. But now everyone's doomsaying because of it

Every report I have seen simply refers to the 3DS being unavailable at Amazon.com and casually mentions previous complaints of nausea. They ignore fact that Aqua Blue is still available. Sloppy journalism.

It's available again now. They probably realised the people complaining didn't open it all the way :p

[update: Amazon has removed the message from its Cosmo Black 3DS listing, and is selling the system again.

Disagreeing with earlier reports, an Amazon rep has commented that the issue was not related to the loose hinge issues or any other hardware deficiencies, and was an unspecified “inventory problem” that customers brought to the shop’s attention.]

Apparently a lot of hoohar about nothing.

Apparently a lot of hoohar about nothing.

Trust the internet to do that

I'd just like to congratulate the new 3DS TV ads with Simon Pegg's narration.

With the slogan “This is not DS. This is 3DS” and showing NOTHING but game footage.

This is great and much needed as I see too many people thinking the 3DS is just a DS but with the option to view it in 3D.

No… it’s a proper next gen console with amazing aps, downloadable content, online gaming, graphics, sound, and so many other features and some fantastic games already.

The 3DS is by far my favourite Nintendo console in a long, long time.

Just the black one? Strange, as me and a friend have blue 3DS's and they have hinge issue's too.

I have new firmwaaaare. Don't have a clue if it actually changes anything though.

The only thing people seem to have noticed over at GBAtemp is the Music streetpass menu having some minor tweaks and apparently the power button bug has been fixed.

I hope that's true, I thought it was just my 3DS playing up but it seems for many people it won't start up until the second or third press.

Oh, and now updates include scary wording.

Latest System Update and System Feature Update:

July 25, 2011

Nintendo 3DS Menu 2.1.0-4U

Included in this update:

System stability improvements and other adjustments

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.

Your Nintendo 3DS system and software are not designed for use with any unauthorized device and/or any unauthorized software. Please note that the Nintendo warranties do not cover any defects to or defects caused by unauthorized devices, software, modifications and/or non-licensed accessories. Furthermore such use may lead to injury to yourself or others and may cause performance issues and/or damage to your Nintendo 3DS system and related services. Nintendo (as well as Nintendo licensees or distributors) is not responsible for any damage or loss caused by the use of such devices, software, modifications or non-licensed accessories. IMPORTANT: After the Nintendo 3DS system is updated, any existing or future unauthorized technical modification of the hardware or software of your Nintendo 3DS system, or the use of an unauthorized device in connection with your system, may render the system permanently unplayable. Content deriving from the unauthorized modification of the hardware or software of your Nintendo 3DS system may be removed. Failure to accept the update may render games unplayable.

Edited by Debug Mode

Would have been nice if they fixed the odd glitch of showing u offline when playing Zelda OoT. Not that it mattered that much i suppose.

I hope that's true, I thought it was just my 3DS playing up but it seems for many people it won't start up until the second or third press.

I thought my 3DS was breaking too, it took me a few presses of the power button to get it to turn on most times.

Would have been nice if they fixed the odd glitch of showing u offline when playing Zelda OoT. Not that it mattered that much i suppose.

That's actually not a glitch. Someone at Nintendo (can't remember who it was, probably Miyamoto or Iwata) said it was done deliberately for some strange reason that I still don't get. Regardless, don't expect an update to have it say your online when playing the game as it's how Nintendo, however oddly you may think, designed the remake.

That's actually not a glitch. Someone at Nintendo (can't remember who it was, probably Miyamoto or Iwata) said it was done deliberately for some strange reason that I still don't get. Regardless, don't expect an update to have it say your online when playing the game as it's how Nintendo, however oddly you may think, designed the remake.

They absolutely, under all circumstances and without any exception, wanted to make sure that you're never disturbed by pesky game invites and chat messages while enjoying this all-time-classic.

Wait a second...

Edited by Burny

New firmware released this morning... nothing new though just cleaning :heh:

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=15969

Saw the blue LED on and got all excited, opened he 3DS and got a message saying there's a new update but that I didn't need to connect to the net to download, simple accepted the agreement and it was done.... no waiting or anything :D

EDIT:

Grrr... just read a few posts up.... did ye over in the UK get the update yesterday? Or was that the US update?

God I feel slow now :heh:

Edited by Mokong

Seen a few new ads (at least I think they are new) where they are furthering the point that the 3DS is not a DS. Made me laugh

Grrr... just read a few posts up.... did ye over in the UK get the update yesterday? Or was that the US update?

It was available yesterday, though I had to do the system update even after leaving it in sleep mode for around 30 minutes.

Seen a few new ads (at least I think they are new) where they are furthering the point that the 3DS is not a DS. Made me laugh

3DS price drop incoming

There is a huge price drop for the Nintendo 3DS that will soon sweep around the world. Starting from August 12th the Nintendo 3DS will cost only $169.99 in North America, $249.95 in Australia and 15,000 Yen in Japan.

Here is what Reggie Fils-Aime had to say on the matter:

"For anyone who was on the fence about buying a Nintendo 3DS, this is a huge motivation to buy now. We are giving shoppers every incentive to pick up a Nintendo 3DS, from an amazing new price to a rapid-fire succession of great games."

And, as reported by Vooks, there is an offer for early adopters that “will enable those Nintendo 3DS owners to download 10 NES games and 10 Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games for free from the Nintendo eShop.” So don’t feel like you’ve been ripped off if you’ve already purchased the hardware. You’ll be receiving twenty free games as a result of doing that.

Looks like things are getting desperate at Nintendo. Although the 3DS is selling, the post-launch hype sales has left it selling 710000 units compared to the 3.6 million in it's launch period. 710,000 units in 3 months is not that great for a recently released handheld, so I definitely think this price drop will do them a lot of good.

Glad to see early adopters aren't being shafted though, lets wait to see what NOE says as they haven't announced a reduced price yet.

That smells fake to me. 20 free games? Please

Edit; Oh, just saw a press release

That smells fake to me. 20 free games? Please

Edit; Oh, just saw a press release

Well at least I wasn't the only one to have that reaction haha. The thing that threw me off were the GBA titles, I didn't even know those were planned.

Link to press release

Super Mario 3D has been renamed Super Mario 3d Land, Mario Kart is Mark Kart 7.

Can't believe they are giving out 20 free games, good ones as well :P

Here are some of the games:

NES:

• Super Mario Bros.
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Ice Climber
  • The Legend of Zelda

GBA

• Yoshi's Island™: Super Mario Advance 3
  • Mario Kart™: Super Circuit
  • Metroid™ Fusion
  • WarioWare™, Inc.: Mega Microgame$
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong™

Plus it says we will get updated versions when they go live indication 3D enhancements??

I do worry though, this does smack of desperation

People do miss the fact that the 3DS launch was one of Nintendo's most successful launches, but it's being pegged as a failure :/

20 free games has completely swayed my opinion on the 3DS, I am one selfish mother fucker :D

But this drop in price really had to happen. Loads of people have spent their time thinking the 3DS is just another incremental upgrade Nintendo released to the DS. Although that idea is retarded, once mainstream appeal titles start hitting like Mario Kart and Super Mario 3D Land people are gonna finally realise "uh, I can't fit this game cart into my DS lite".

Hopefully this will provoke more people to buy it and finally developers will start seeing the incentive rather than currently looking at it and saying "I'm not gonna hit a bijillion sales with this"

People do miss the fact that the 3DS launch was one of Nintendo's most successful launches, but it's being pegged as a failure :/

Yeah, this is mainly the fact they look beyond the hype train when it's just been released. I look at it that way too, but I won't deny that 3.6 million units is a good start.

710,000 over 3 months though, not so much..