NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

No, he didn't say he got £60 off to make it it £150, it WAS £150, but he paid £60 after trading stuff in!

Good going Hero. I will say that I, and many others get USED to the 3D, at first I could barely handle it but now I have no problems whatsoever, unless I'm really tired.

Well I snapped up my 2nd 3DS today.

Haha, I thought you would! Welcome back. You could see the current price as having the cost of the 3D taken off.

We had quite a bit of banter about E3 before the manager walked over and joined in on our discussion. He talked about the Wii U saying that it looked great but it's a big risk. He said he thinks it will either be amazing or a flop, time will tell.

It might be both.

Is anyone else having problems with their pedometer today? I walked to my local shop, which is 500 steps out, 500 steps back. When I got home it said I'd done... 62! Thankfully it's working again now.

No, he didn't say he got £60 off to make it it £150, it WAS £150, but he paid £60 after trading stuff in!

Good going Hero. I will say that I, and many others get USED to the 3D, at first I could barely handle it but now I have no problems whatsoever, unless I'm really tired.

OH OK!! #Winning! :D

Is anyone else having problems with their pedometer today? I walked to my local shop, which is 500 steps out, 500 steps back. When I got home it said I'd done... 62! Thankfully it's working again now.

I noticed this yesterday. I took my 3DS out, was out for a while walking around, and it only siad I took about 167. I know I did more than that.

Amazon are selling the blue one for and the black for you needn't have traded anything in! :(

But good on ya for getting one! :D

Did you get Pilotwings last time... what games were giving you a headache?

I think in the months since launch people have found just how much 3D varies across the games... all I need for Pilotwings is to just nudge the 3D on and it's great... anything over about 30%, especially full 3D and I find it really uncomfortable.

Link please? To me they have it way higher.

Link please? To me they have it way higher.
Must have gone up just the other day, I've been on their video games section alot recently, and they had been cheaper.

I noticed this yesterday. I took my 3DS out, was out for a while walking around, and it only siad I took about 167. I know I did more than that.

The funny thing is, I put it in my pocket afterwards (just to carry around the house) and, about 250 steps later, it suddenly became 1300. It must have added them on, and as such must have been a software problem, rather than a physical one.

Must have gone up just the other day, I've been on their video games section alot recently, and they had been cheaper.

Yeah, it was 180 euros when I looked a week ago and now it's up to 202.

This has been bugging me for a while now, the touch screen on my 3ds is misaligned, when the system is on you can easily see it, the black boarder on the right is significantly larger than the border on the left, it doesn't seem to effect game play (so far) but might get annoying if I ever have to touch the far left side of the screen.

Anyone else have this? :/

Not that I've ever noticed.

But lately my 3DS has got a bit creaky on the right hand side... it's the back panel... which is flexing slightly, so when I hold the DS and sometimes as a result of pressing the letter buttons it makes the occasional creak. I don't know if I can tighten it up at all, the screws on the back don't look at all loose.

Not that I've ever noticed.

But lately my 3DS has got a bit creaky on the right hand side... it's the back panel... which is flexing slightly, so when I hold the DS and sometimes as a result of pressing the letter buttons it makes the occasional creak. I don't know if I can tighten it up at all, the screws on the back don't look at all loose.

Yeah, mine creaks alot as well. Normally when I press the Start button. My SD card slot cover is slightly loose so I can feel it moving if I'm holding my 3DS a certain way.

They're all a little bit wobbly... but you shouldn't notice it at all if you're playing it held at any sort of propper angle. If it's overly wobbly, maybe it's faulty.

I keep forgetting to mention this but for the last 2 weeks now my wife as pretty much taken over my 3DS :heh:

All she plays is Faceraiders, so much so that it has now become the game with the most playtime according to the activity log :heh:

She also ownz all the highscores on it too, I can't even get into the top 5 on the first stage anymore, with her 5th place score at something like 125,000

Hope I can get it away from her next week when Zelda is out.... else may have to buy her a 3DS :heh:

She also ownz all the highscores on it too, I can't even get into the top 5 on the first stage anymore, with her 5th place score at something like 125,000

Don't beat her high scores. You have been warned:

WTF?

Surely that was a staged? No?

I mean... wtf?

K... think I'll buy her her own 3DS just incase :heh:

Anyone else a tad worried about the future of the 3DS? Pretty terrible sales worldwide, not much software out, a pretty much complete lack of 3rd support at E3 and NO new announcements (from 3rd parties), all this coupled with VITA looking pretty good and at a price comparable to 3DS?!?

Curse of 3D again or Nintendo, or will Zelda boost sales and an awesome autumn awaits?

It's the 3rd parties I'm mainly worried about though!

PS I will say that Vitas mini PS3 approach will hurt them (again)...

I dunno, Vita looks amazing IMHO. The Little Big Planet trailer alone bought more innovation than the entire 3DS's library of games (announced upto now). And I too am worried about the games.

Released in March and (as E3 has unfortunately shown) no heavy hitting titles until September. :/

(Yes, Zelda, but its a remake etc)

NO new announcements (from 3rd parties)

That was to be expected though. Won't improve much over time either, even if - for some reason - the 3DS sales would skyrocket tomorrow. If they can't port their high profile games, they won't bother to build up first class dev teams specifically for handheld development. Nintendo will have to drive the sales with their own games again and I'm sure with Mario Kart and Mario at least they are capable of doing so.

I don't know if the Vita's price will hurt the 3DS directly. It will make sure that people, who weren't much into handheld gaming during the DS generation but got swayed a bit when the 3DS promised console level experiences, will stay clear of it now.

What I'm really looking forward to with the 3DS, is when they introduce GBA games to the VC (they surely cannot not do this?) and what kind of download games will appear on the shop. It looks like the first time Nintendo has a competent online shop up and running.

Edited by Burny

Anyone else a tad worried about the future of the 3DS? Pretty terrible sales worldwide, not much software out, a pretty much complete lack of 3rd support at E3 and NO new announcements (from 3rd parties), all this coupled with VITA looking pretty good and at a price comparable to 3DS?!?

Curse of 3D again or Nintendo, or will Zelda boost sales and an awesome autumn awaits?

It's the 3rd parties I'm mainly worried about though!

PS I will say that Vitas mini PS3 approach will hurt them (again)...

The sales aren't bad. They're not amazing but they're good and steady.

While yes, it took 13 weeks to reach 1m in Japan while the DS took less time, you do need to factor in Japan getting decimated 2 weeks in and the fact Japan is in a massive recession at the moment because of it. In other regions, they're steady.

There WERE 3DS games announced, and there are many to come over the coming months.

People just expected too much, they expected immediate and complete domination by the 3DS and that wasn't realistic

Question: Does the light on the 3DS turn off when its finished charging?

I left mine on charge overnight and the light still hasn't turned off, pretty sure it did last time I charged it but I could be mistaken, I'm also positive it shouldn't take over 12 hours to charge...

Question: Does the light on the 3DS turn off when its finished charging?

I left mine on charge overnight and the light still hasn't turned off, pretty sure it did last time I charged it but I could be mistaken, I'm also positive it shouldn't take over 12 hours to charge...

A fair few people are reporting that after the update

Yeah spotted the charging light thing myself the other day, as far I know Nintendo are aware of it and will be fixed in the next update... when that may come though.... :heh:

Not really.

As long as Nintendo keep churning out their franchises with the odd 3rd party game here and there ( DOA, R Evil ) then i'm a happy man. Like most I buy my Nintendo gear for Nintendo's games. Sure it would be nice to have strong 3rd party support but it's not a deal breaker for me.