NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

If you could get more then it would be very easy to get shit loads and unlock everything in games that use them. The limitation gives the coins more value.

What do people do when they're not using the 3DS? I'm tempted to leave it in sleep mode for spot pass, but is that pointless? Would it do it any harm if I NEVER turned it off and every night just put it in its cradlemin sleep mode?

Prepare yourselves for BLACK MAGIC.

Been playing any music on your 3DS? You will have noticed when you close the lid, the music stops. However, close the lid, and place it on top of your DS lite..

Such a useless little trick involving magnetism, but god damn it scared the hell out of me when I put it on top of the lite as I went to quickly get a drink.

If you could get more then it would be very easy to get shit loads and unlock everything in games that use them. The limitation gives the coins more value.

What do people do when they're not using the 3DS? I'm tempted to leave it in sleep mode for spot pass, but is that pointless? Would it do it any harm if I NEVER turned it off and every night just put it in its cradlemin sleep mode?

That's what I'm planning on doing and going by those promotional trailers, a couple of months back, that's exactly what Nintendo wants you to do.

To be fair though, there's not much point at the moment, but I do it anyway.

So, if anyone know, please answer this question. I'm studying in Australia, and I'm getting the 3DS at the launch the 31st along with Super Street Fighter IV, but here's the problem. I live in Europe, and I'm going back home in a years time. Will the region codes still be PAL for both Europe and Australia, or have Nintendo figured out a nice way of giving Australia it's own region code, like PALau?

I really want to be able to play games on my Australian 3DS when I get back home to Europe, because buying a brand new 3DS or importing Australian 3DS games seems like an expensive hazzle..

Edited by ArtMediocre
Typo

What's this about nintendogs? Have t even touched it yet, why is there a separate walking mode, surely that should just be it's street pass function? Confused.
There's an option to walk your dog by just closing the 3DS and carrying it around, the more steps you do, the better the reward at the end of it. :awesome:

So it's a separate walking mode, but really it isn't because you simultaneously earn steps/coins for the main system and it's likely that Street Pass also works during pedometer dog walks. In which case, if you've got nintendogs + cats and you're going to walk around with your 3DS in sleep mode, you might as well boot it up beforehand and start a pedometer walk, to get everything at once. ;)

Prepare yourselves for BLACK MAGIC.

Been playing any music on your 3DS? You will have noticed when you close the lid, the music stops. However, close the lid, and place it on top of your DS lite..

Such a useless little trick involving magnetism, but god damn it scared the hell out of me when I put it on top of the lite as I went to quickly get a drink.

Huh? Doesn't....do anything?

Here's a slice of NINTENDO MAGIC.

Blow into the microphone on the Home Menu.

Here's a slice of NINTENDO MAGIC.

Blow into the microphone on the Home Menu.

I noticed that the other day. Utterly pointless but cool nonetheless.

I do worry about screen protectors. sort of affecting the 3D as they could be distracting or summit...I dunno get what I mean? I have them on my DSi but not my ipod touch as the two I tried I hated the feel of.

Well if they were to have such an impact as to render the 3D effect useless, I don't think they would both releasing them.

But the neither cancel it out or reduce the effect.

And now I feel I can start using the touch screen more without fear of scratching it.

3DS game charts are in:

3DS Chart

1 (NE) Super Street Fighter IV 3D

2 (NE) Pilotwings Resort

3 (NE) Rayman 3D

4 (NE) Super Monkey Ball 3D

5 (NE) LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars

6 (NE) Ridge Racer 3D

7 (NE) Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever Edition

8 (NE) Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D

9 (NE) The Sims 3

10 (NE) Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars

Source

3DS game charts are in:

I'm quite surprised that Nintendogs wasn't higher. Saying that it will probably hang around more than some of the others.

So, took my 3DS out for the first time today, and despite being in a wheelchair managed to rack up nearly a thousand steps, must be the uneven paving and bad wheelchair access where I live, didn't get anyone on streetpass though. :(

That's happened to me. I thought I was going crazy

It's the magnetism in the DS lite to let it know it's in sleep mode affecting the 3DS's magnetism, so it thinks the lid is open. I shat bricks when it happened.

grrr i traded in my Lite aggainst the 3DS... wish there was a setting to let the music continue to play when closed so you could listen to songs like it was an mp3 player as you walked around gathering coins and hoping for a streetpass connection

grrr i traded in my Lite aggainst the 3DS... wish there was a setting to let the music continue to play when closed so you could listen to songs like it was an mp3 player as you walked around gathering coins and hoping for a streetpass connection

I'm pretty sure it does carry on playing if you have headphones plugged in...

Step counting wouldn't have worked with the DS lite thing, the lid has to be closed and the magnetism tricks the 3DS into thinking it's open. Unless you were joking, then I seem to have completely missed the sarcasm heh

I'm pretty sure it does carry on playing if you have headphones plugged in...

This is especially true heh. Although that would be one chunky MP3 player

The only secret I've found: wave your hand in front of the Mii Plaza title screen.

Put my 3DS in my pocket and went to Uni and after the disappointment of not picking anything up on Streetpass over the weekend, I got stuff today :yay: Was all giddy when I saw the green light. Got 3 Miis, from actual people and not demo units in GAME/Gamestation, and some Ridge Racer data. Hopefully it catches on more and I can go out anywhere and get data from people as it's a great little idea.

Does anyone here know how I can go about unlocking more AR Games? From what I've read, you have to play all 6 AR games at least once in order to unlock the store, but, not only does that not happen on my 3DS, but also each time I start up the application (not sure if this is normal or not), it shows me the starting off guide.

Does anyone here know how I can go about unlocking more AR Games? From what I've read, you have to play all 6 AR games at least once in order to unlock the store, but, not only does that not happen on my 3DS, but also each time I start up the application (not sure if this is normal or not), it shows me the starting off guide.

Have you played them all to completion?

Do you need official Nintendo headphones for the 3DS?

No.