NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Yeah i did you cheeky bastard :p

Hit up St Pancras at 12pm ish? Everyone with a console was probably at home playing with it.

Are you people using the cradle or plugging it straight into the mains?

I'm using the cradle.

I'm making it a habit, to use the cradle as much as possible.

I'm also using the sleep mode function, too. I mean that's what it's there for.

Cradle all the way.

Anybody got a nice 3DS bag? I'm wondering if someone can recommend me one.

Wow, I think I might have a faulty 3DS! Fun!

The charger won't work. It worked fine last night on the dock and on its own, but I tried plugging it in today after being at work, and there's no charging light with or without the dock. It's also not charging on screen. I've tried plugging it in in a different socket and again, no dice. :(

My charger cable doesn't seem to fit my console but it does nicely into the cradle so I'm sorted.

Wow, I think I might have a faulty 3DS! Fun!

The charger won't work. It worked fine last night on the dock and on its own, but I tried plugging it in today after being at work, and there's no charging light with or without the dock. It's also not charging on screen. I've tried plugging it in in a different socket and again, no dice. :(

Sure it's not fully charged...?

I don't know what a cradle is.

It's something that the 3DS sits on to charge. You plug the normal charge cable into the back of it:

615103dscloseup20.jpg

That red is so nice. Wish they made it a launch colour.

Regardless, looks like I'm heading back to GAME tomorrow to swap the console over.. typical.. the day I go on a week off work too. :(

does anyone know how to send over miis from the wii? I've tried pressing the buttons as it says but no luck.

I'm using the cradle.

I'm making it a habit, to use the cradle as much as possible.

I'm also using the sleep mode function, too. I mean that's what it's there for.

I don't use the cradle because the fit isn't snug enough and it moves a little horizontally which wouldn't be an issue in a slower paced game but every attempt to play SF like that has seen me take it out after a couple of seconds.

I personally think the cradle is just a reminder - a reminder to charge the device. By creating a home for it to be placed in after use, that will charge it, you're being distracted from the fact you are constantly charging - you just see it as putting it down. And I think that's an admittance of the fact the battery isn't quite what they hoped it would be.

But so far, I'm getting a decent-ish amount of time out of it without charge but I do have it on brightness 3 with wireless off - power saving is off though as I felt that damaged the colours too much. I think I got about 4 or 5 hours before the red light came on.

I don't use the cradle because the fit isn't snug enough and it moves a little horizontally which wouldn't be an issue in a slower paced game but every attempt to play SF like that has seen me take it out after a couple of seconds.

I personally think the cradle is just a reminder - a reminder to charge the device. By creating a home for it to be placed in after use, that will charge it, you're being distracted from the fact you are constantly charging - you just see it as putting it down. And I think that's an admittance of the fact the battery isn't quite what they hoped it would be.

But so far, I'm getting a decent-ish amount of time out of it without charge but I do have it on brightness 3 with wireless off - power saving is off though as I felt that damaged the colours too much. I think I got about 4 or 5 hours before the red light came on.

Yeah, I agree. I never use the cradle while I'm using the 3DS, only when I'm not using it.

I hear there's a StreetPass meet up at St Pancreas tomorrow. Unfortunately I'm in Essex.

Wow, I'm glad I read this, almost got my dates mixed up and thought it was Monday not Sunday. Doh'

I better get some sleep then since it's an early start.

Anybody got a nice 3DS bag? I'm wondering if someone can recommend me one.

I picked this one up in gamestation to match my aqua blue - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Licensed-Mini-Elite-Transporter/dp/B004J1BC3K/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1301193513&sr=8-13 (also available in black - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Licensed-Mini-Elite-Transporter/dp/B004J15I8K/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1301193547&sr=8-3)

I've got an awesome Level AA Executive case. It's £9.99 in GAME, we have it displayed on hooks. Little black leather thing, velcro flap over the top, fits the console snugly as well as 2 games and a spare stylus. It's a great case.

I'll be testing StreetPass today as I'm out in Liverpool today. The main thing I want to know is the battery life of StreetPass mode.

I'll be testing StreetPass today as I'm out in Liverpool today. The main thing I want to know is the battery life of StreetPass mode.

I'm sure in the manual it says 3 days, I could be lying though!

I had it on for about 8 hours or so last weekend and it seemingly didn't make a dent in the battery life. Okay I only met three people but I think unless you met one hundred billion people it will be okay.

How do you take photos while playing a game? I tried pressing the home button, then L or R to activate the camera, but was only able to take standard photographs before returning to where I was in the game.

Also, does a game's saved data save to the cartridge or console now? I'm sending Super Monkey Ball back to LoveFilm tomorrow, and was looking for an option to delete the saved data before I do, but couldn't find one. Weird.

I went in GAME as heard they were offering the chance to play on it but when I asked they had stopped doing so because somebody tried to steal it. I'm still a bit paranoid that i won't be able to see the 3D, dunno why not got any particular eye problems but I can't ever see magic eye pictures!

As I've cited many times before with me moving to Canada at some point next year. There seems no point in buying one here, (I've seen videos of region locking JPN cart in NA machine assume the same applies to EU machine) so its no biggie for now.

What bundles are GAME offering? Also, what price are they doing for a trade-in DS lite? The boyfriend is thinking about picking one up since he likes mine heh.

What bundles are GAME offering? Also, what price are they doing for a trade-in DS lite? The boyfriend is thinking about picking one up since he likes mine heh.

GAME are currently offering the console for £170 when bought with Super Monkey Ball for £35 (£205 in total).

They are doing this with other games as well, some taking it to around £209 - that's when bundled with Ridge Racer.

On their website it says that they are offering trade in prices for older DS models.

If you trade a normal DSi in, the 3DS alone will cost you £164.99.

Trade a DS Lite it will cost you £184.99 or trade a DSi XL in and you pay £114.99.

These offers aren't great really. They are also only valid until 31st March.

Now would be a good time to pick a console up if you are looking to though, as the price is currently lower than what it will be say this time next week, as prices are said to be going back up. Probably over the £200 mark.

These offers aren't great really. They are also only valid until 31st March.

Now would be a good time to pick a console up if you are looking to though, as the price is currently lower than what it will be say this time next week, as prices are said to be going back up. Probably over the £200 mark.

Do you know about in-store deals at all?

I went in GAME as heard they were offering the chance to play on it but when I asked they had stopped doing so because somebody tried to steal it. I'm still a bit paranoid that i won't be able to see the 3D, dunno why not got any particular eye problems but I can't ever see magic eye pictures!

As I've cited many times before with me moving to Canada at some point next year. There seems no point in buying one here, (I've seen videos of region locking JPN cart in NA machine assume the same applies to EU machine) so its no biggie for now.

Do you not know anyone who lives close to you, you could test their 3ds? You could order a canadian 3ds, http://www.videogamesplus.ca, ship out canadian games and systems, they're reliable, fast and pretty cheap. Had used them for original ds games.

Do you know about in-store deals at all?

The trade in prices are the same in store.

I'd imagine console / bundle prices are the same too but not sure.

Sorry couldn't be more help though i'm sure someone will know the answer!

Do you not know anyone who lives close to you, you could test their 3ds? You could order a canadian 3ds, http://www.videogamesplus.ca, ship out canadian games and systems, they're reliable, fast and pretty cheap. Had used them for original ds games.

Not a lot of point in me ordering from there. The shop is literally around the corner from where my girlfriend lives! I have contemplated getting one in the summer then using them/her to get games across..

Nah none of my friends seem to have picked up a 3DS yet weird.