NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

How do you do that, couldn't find an option for it?

System Settings -> Other Settings -> Go to 4th screen, System Update should be there

You holding it far enough from your face?

Yeh :hmm: I've tried it at every distance :hmm: Sliding my glasses a little further away from my eyes seems to help ever so slightly so I'll certainly keep that in mind for when the games arrive..

System Settings -> Other Settings -> Go to 4th screen, System Update should be there

Cool, thanks.

Didn't even see those page numbers on the settings options till you mentioned it.

Yeh :hmm: I've tried it at every distance :hmm: Sliding my glasses a little further away from my eyes seems to help ever so slightly so I'll certainly keep that in mind for when the games arrive..

I reckon when you get some games they'll look fine.

Assuming your issue is with when viewing 3D through the camera like for AR and Face Raiders. I find viewing the screen in 3D of something that's actually on the other side of the screen messes with the effect, but for games it's fine.

I reckon when you get some games they'll look fine.

Assuming your issue is with when viewing 3D through the camera like for AR and Face Raiders. I find viewing the screen in 3D of something that's actually on the other side of the screen messes with the effect, but for games it's fine.

It's been pretty general, such as viewing things on the Home Menu like the spinning disc or the rotating Mii icons. If I adjust the slider anything over half way it's just a bit of a mess for me :hmm: I hope the games will be fine, though. I don't mind if I have to keep it quite low, as long as it works a bit and I'm comfortable!

Using the 3D in the AR games is immediately pointless for me as it just looks horrible as soon as I snap it out of 2D ::shrug:

Is anyone else attending the first Streetpass event in London on Monday.

12pm @ St Pancras Station under the 2012 Olympic Rings.

I'II also be taking my copy of Pokemon White, if anyone wants to visit to visit Entalink etc.

Anyone else have a squeaky dpad and wobbly screen?

My screen definitely has a little movement in it after it has clicked into place (a click that I find a little unsettling as it sounds like you're breaking it every time :eek:)

Anyone else have a squeaky dpad and wobbly screen?

Nope, no wobbly/squeaks here.

Edited by ShadowV7

I played around with the 3DS a little more before I went to sleep last night and I was definitely starting to see things a lot better. When I took a few seconds to focus on the top screen, the magic started to happen and the 3D is pretty damn cool :heh:

I received Pilotwings Resort in the post this morning so I've played through the Novice section of that and it looks great :hehe:

So, how do you get that free t-shirt? I just registered my points and at the end of the survey it said to complete the process and recieve your points and t-shirt click the button, which I did. Does this mean I grabbed a t-shirt or is there something else I have to do?

So, how do you get that free t-shirt? I just registered my points and at the end of the survey it said to complete the process and recieve your points and t-shirt click the button, which I did. Does this mean I grabbed a t-shirt or is there something else I have to do?

I registered it an hour after launch, and it said the t-shirts had gone.

I registered it an hour after launch, and it said the t-shirts had gone.

Weird. I'll just take it that they are all gone then.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Haha I knew you would get one. ;)

I've just seen the 3D film that is available after a system update. Awesome. :yay:

Why does Face Raiders always say I'm a young lady :(

Edited by drahkon

I've just seen the 3D film that is available after a system update. Awesome. :yay:

Why does Face Raiders always say I'm a young lady :(

I had the same thing at my midnight launch and last night ._.

Then again, it said that so one of my friends too, so it wasn't all bad.

Great, I've played it once and my 3DS froze...what the hell.

Edit: It always freezes afterwards ._.

Edit²: Quick question about the friend code: Let's say I want to trade Pokémon with someone online, do we both need each other's Pokémon friend codes or is the 3DS one enough?

Edited by drahkon

Yeah Nando, I definitely think it's something you get used to. At first I couldn't see anything full whack and most things half way, now I can see way more depth for the higher settigs and street fighter absolutely full.

I'm loving the device so far, the two games I've played (street fighter and pilot wings, nintendogs hasn't been touched yet) are both awesome and the 3D is great on them both. As for the 3D in general, I'm really impressed with it, but at the same time, it's not a big a feature as I was expecting, it makes everything look better, some gameplay advances but generally it's purely cosmetic, but this is a great thing that it's not one of the strongest features of the machine.

I can't believe how much is in this machine, Face Raiders is fanatsic as everyone has been saying, just the wait is rips holes in the Walls and has all the crazy faces, comedy gold! And a impressive demo to show off. The AR games are equally as awesome, but difficult to keep the 3D on with these, AR is still clearly early, but the glitching doesn't matter at all (though I can imagine in a few years, looking back, we'll wonder how it could have ever been fun). I haven't even got stuck into puzzle and quest (haven't left the house to collect coins :) ) but all in all just fantastic.

There are some things I'm disappointed with though, which surely will be solved with the big May update (though this is Nntendo we're talking about). The lack of messaging/chat is ridiculousthe perpetual online and infrastructure looks great, but is borderline unusable if you can't message friend, or invite friends to matches. Also with the friend list, already I need to delete dr4hkons first number, but it won't let me. I also hate that I have to scroll through all my friends to see who's online, why is there no filter option to see friends alphabetically, or who's online, last time online, by favourite game etc etc. Its a chore, and becomes more so the more friends you get.

I also think mii maker is a little rubbish. Not the manual mii creating software (thou more options would never be a bad thing), but by photo is awful with everyone I've tried it with. Also miss the ability to send miss to other 3DSs like you can on the Wii, or even photos you've taken to other 3Ds, or sound files etc. But I'm hoping all this will be rectified with an update.

Other things I don't like bit can't be updated (without future hardware revisions). The camera. It's so bad. The actual software is a lot of fun but the quality of pictures you can take are so bad it's not a true viable camera option and only a fun gimmick! Which is a shame, it'll be great to take video, so looking forward to that, and maybe even some basic editing software to make mini films on, would be awesome. Make the sound track in the sound package! The 3DS would be like a hardware version of Mario Paint :)

The battery life is pretty bad, though to be honest, once the initial splurge is out of the way and I use it at a more reasonable level it won't bother me!

The feature that excites me the msg is street pass, but I worry that for it to be really embraced by owners, pretty much every game needs to use it (similar to how ms forced all developers to make it online). It's worrying because nintendo have a habit of releasing shit like this and not even using it themselves (so EVERY thing they released for the Wii). But if pretty much al games use it then people will have a real incentive to keep taking the 3ds out with them? Still can't believe nintendo released pilot wings with no features. Would it have been that hard to have a street pass photo sharing system? Or share high scores? Watch favourite replays or something?

Anyways. No biggies. Utimately I really love it, and it'll be pretty much perfect for me if they improve the messaging, friends, match invites etc Which I fully expect them to do in May!

My mum loves the 3DS cause her faceraiders face said she was a young lady :D

Another marketing ploy of Nintendo strikes again! None can resist compliments!

Indeed :D shame shes not into gaming :P and she has shouted at me cause im spinning around in the kitchen trying to show her face raiders while shes trying to do the washing xD

baring in mind im 21 to make the imagination more epic :)

Face Raiders told me I looked like a youth :laughing: I get told I'm probably in my mid to late 20's so often that I'll take that as a compliment. Probably couldn't see passed the Jesus like hair and full on facial look (Well it sure as hell couldn't make a Mii from a picture of me that's for sure)

For anyone who purchased their 3DS at GAME, did you check that the price was correct on the receipt? They didn't actually remove my deposit, or factor in the Grainger Games reduction to £208.99. Went in yesterday and got a £21 refund, which'll do for me!