NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

So I've been looking back a few pages to find an answer to this question with no luck;

Out of the europe release titles, which ones are actually worth picking up?

I'm considering Pilotwings, Nintendogs, Street Fighter and maybe Super Monkey Ball and Ridge Racer.

But I've often experienced Ridge Racer being really shitty, and I can't recall having played a good monkey ball game since monkey ball 2 on the cube.

The one that I haven't heard any complaints at all about is Street Fighter IV, so if you like that genre, it should be the best buy.

Pilotwings is meant to be good, but very, very short. Nintendogs is meant to be good, but very similar to its predecessor.

Damn..... Wikipedia is wrong then! ;)

I think I'm getting Pilotwings and Super Monkey Ball for my first couple of games anyway.

Pilotwings is 2 hours long. 40 bucks for 2 hours is way too much.

If it was a hooker, no, but as its a game, then yes.

Pictures are (hopefully) incoming - me hugging my Mii for example :D

Now, this is interesting. I thought - an uneducated thought, admittedly - that any pictures you take with the 3DS stay in the 3DS; ie cannot be emailed or exported to the web. Clearly this is incorrect. I assume you just transfer the SD card to another device?

Yes. Yes it is. I doubt this revelation is stopping me from buying it though.

IGN menu hands on. Nothing new, although after hearing some rumours that messaging is disabled, at 3:10 it clearly states you can exchange short messages.

Edited by david.dakota
Automerged Doublepost

Now, this is interesting. I thought - an uneducated thought, admittedly - that any pictures you take with the 3DS stay in the 3DS; ie cannot be emailed or exported to the web. Clearly this is incorrect. I assume you just transfer the SD card to another device?

Every 3D picture has a 2D copy, which is a simple jpeg. This can be copied from the SD card (like the DSi).

Hopefully Nintendo will allow Facebook and Twitter to make apps that can share the 3D pictures (viewable in 3D by other people using a 3DS or future 3D device).

Every 3D picture has a 2D copy, which is a simple jpeg. This can be copied from the SD card (like the DSi).

Hopefully Nintendo will allow Facebook and Twitter to make apps that can share the 3D pictures (viewable in 3D by other people using a 3DS or future 3D device).

Exactly. This just HAS to happen.

I'm getting a £20 voucher and £10 reward card points from HMV for pre ordering with them, so that'll make it super-cheap anyways.

This question has been asked and answered a mill- no gazillion times but I'm an idiot and do not know anything about it...can I play UK games with a German 3DS? I know that US and Japanese games won't work.

YES, all European game and Australian games will work on the same DS.

Nice. I'll be importing from the UK a lot then. Much cheaper than buying games in my fucking country.

GAME have started processing my order now. They should really just give us it earlier :heh:

16/03/2011 Your order is held for credit checking.

WTF, I've never had this with GAME before...used this same credit card with Pokemon Black so what the hell is happening

Mines is like that too. Maybe we're just seriously dodgy and they're on to us? Or maybe checking to see if funds is in account since they're processing it super early?

Mines is like that too. Maybe we're just seriously dodgy and they're on to us? Or maybe checking to see if funds is in account since they're processing it super early?

That'd make sense.

I guess I worry I wont get my shiny 3DS on time lol

Only considered it when writing that post, only thing I can think of. Sure is going to suck having it sent 9 odd days before release and having to wait. It's a cruel game :heh:

Just saw a aqua blue 3DS in a shop window today... had to double back to make sure I was not dreaming... then I noticed CEX...

£398.....

Only considered it when writing that post, only thing I can think of. Sure is going to suck having it sent 9 odd days before release and having to wait. It's a cruel game :heh:

16/03/2011 Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.

I checked back and this happened with my DSi too. Whoops :p

if their packing it now does that mean you'll get it before launch?

if their packing it now does that mean you'll get it before launch?

They won't ship it until next week.