NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Is that with Tesco direct where they take the money right away? I only looked at an image of the offer and never checked it out. It's fairly tempting.

I haven't even pre-ordered a game, may not bother, just get the console (which I may sell on ebay if the prices are high enough) and wait for some decent games, rather than buying crap games for the sake of it...

Is that with Tesco direct where they take the money right away? I only looked at an image of the offer and never checked it out. It's fairly tempting.
It's Tescoentertainment.com

And in the confirmation email I recieved it said they wouldn't be taking the payment until the items were being dispatched!

I haven't even pre-ordered a game, may not bother, just get the console (which I may sell on ebay if the prices are high enough) and wait for some decent games, rather than buying crap games for the sake of it...
That's really why I've gone with that Tesco deal in the end.

£10 for Pilotwings would justify it even if it's a bit short on content.

That's really why I've gone with that Tesco deal in the end.

£10 for Pilotwings would justify it even if it's a bit short on content.

Yep, it's bound to be worth it. Flying about in 3D, headphones on. :awesome:

Since importing isn't possible with the 3DS, do you think there will be some kind of Freeloader or whatever in the future?

Sorry if this already has been asked and answered.

There are rumours that Nintendo will track hacks and pirate games and brick the machine. If this turns out to be correct, I am absolutely sure Nintendo's terminology will be 'unlicensed software' which would include any Freeloader device.

That Tesco deal is the best by far. If you use Quidco you Also get another £18 odd off it. Console and game for £188, that's £62 cheaper than GAME instore.

That Tesco deal is the best by far. If you use Quidco you Also get another £18 odd off it. Console and game for £188, that's £62 cheaper than GAME instore.

Can someone explain how the cashback part of quidco works? So i go onto quidco and then go to tesco entertainment through it and get the DS and the game for £207...it doesn't go to £188. Or do I get the money on release?

Does Nintendo Japan ship Nintendo 3DS to Europe or does Nintendo Europe make them for Europe?

Can someone explain how the cashback part of quidco works? So i go onto quidco and then go to tesco entertainment through it and get the DS and the game for £207...it doesn't go to £188. Or do I get the money on release?

I think, from what I understood of it all, you sign onto Quidco, get link over to tesco, make order, then you're Quidco account will be updated shortly after with the tesco order and at somepoint you get the cash back from then that gets put back into your account.

The price itself doesn't go down to £188, just that's what you'll pay in the long run. Atleast, that's how I think it goes.

Does Nintendo Japan ship Nintendo 3DS to Europe or does Nintendo Europe make them for Europe?

Apparently they are made in Germany. Daz izt lund uft effishanzy!

I think, from what I understood of it all, you sign onto Quidco, get link over to tesco, make order, then you're Quidco account will be updated shortly after with the tesco order and at somepoint you get the cash back from then that gets put back into your account.

The price itself doesn't go down to £188, just that's what you'll pay in the long run. Atleast, that's how I think it goes.

Cheers man. Got myself a black one with SSF4! Shame the rest of the launch line up is so shit :/

Gonna have to cancel my GS preorder during the week!

I got a chance to try a 3DS out the other day at work cause nowgamer.com had one for review (and they're in the same office as me). The 3D was actually incredibly impressive, although the viewing angle was quite small. They didn't have any games in yet sadly as they'd only got the review unit in, but luckily there's plenty to do with it. The 'shoot the faces' game is pretty fun but limited, and you have to spin round 360 degrees to play it. The facial animation is amazing though.

Also played with the AR cards. They're great fun, and so so impressive. The dragon one literally bends the surface of the table ot whatever you're playing it on, flipping it over and folding it up into a box on screen. Looks great, such a good addition.

3D photos are waaaay better than I thought, and you can really see the 3D effect which I really didn't expect. The quality isn't great but the fact it's 3D kinda makes up for that.

Other than that, the only disappointment was the build quality and the battery life. The machine looks okay, but it rattles when you shake it (I assume its the gyro but still, the iPhone doesn't rattle, y'know?) which I didn't expect from a Nintendo machine. It looks good enough and the thumbstick works well but I have to say I think they can do better. It's like the original DS - it was pretty good, but when they brought out the DS lite it looked silly. I think I'll wait for the inevitable 3DS lite.

The battery really didn't last long with the 3D on, it wasn't an exaggeration by the review sites. Again, something I'd hope they can fix in the lite whenever it happens.

Overall it was a really great experience. The 3D is really very good and the built-in games are great fun. I didn't try any actually cart games but I'm not especially excited about any of the release titles so I think I'll be waiting. If I had the money spare I would certainly go for it, as it is something so impressive to show your friends etc. When the big games hit later in the year I think the 3DS will be a fantastic console.

Anyway, that's my two cents :)

(Original post was in preorders by accident)

Yup, I finally got to play on a 3DS at a Shopping Mall near Rotterdam.

Thoughts:

• First thing's first, I am SOOOOOOOO happy I pre-ordered the Aqua Blue 3DS. To me, it looked sparkly and flashy, total eye candy:D
  • The 3D was indeed pretty impressive, and once you get used to it, it really is like looking into another world.
  • I played Pilotwings, Nintendogs+Cats, and was yawning my way through them. Hehe, not quite, because it was totally awesome 3D, but Nintendogs was never my thing and Pilotwings, though quite stunning, bored me gameplay wise. I don't think that can be saved by other extra content.
  • I also played Super Street Fighter 4: 3D. Again, impressed by the visuals and the intro, but fighters such as these never really piqued my interest.
  • Face Raiders, great little piece of software, I had fun shooting faces.
  • The Sweet Spot is limited, and it takes a bit of training to adjust your eyes and stance to the device. However, once you are comfortable with it, it gives you so much lovin' in return.:love:

• Props for NINTENDO for bringing this to the people, but it is inevitable that the resources they use will become cheaper over the years, thus making way for the 3DSlite with, hopefully, better 3D, a bigger sweet Spot AND TOUCH-SCREEN 3D!!!!!

There was one thing I noticed when I switched the slider to 2D, and that was that the screen became a little darker, where as when I turned it to 3D it got a little brighter.

Anybody noticed this?

I've won early access to an event here in Copenhagen where we can go play the 3DS 1.5 hours before the public is let in. I look forward to it. It's here at 3 PM.

Anyone thinking of going down to the HMV launch in London?

I just need to know how many of you I need to hunt down and assassinate before the day to guarantee I'll be one of the first 500 through the door.

So I got to try one of these out today and I must say...

... doesn't the Aqua Blue look pretty? :heh:

But seriously... I was quite impressed at what the unit could actually do, I only played it for about 15 mins but that was enough to convince myself that I still wanted one, not that it was ever in doubt mind. :wink:

And although the Blue does look nice in reality I'm still gonna be buying a Black 3DS because I reckon that'll look even sleeker somehow but if it came down to it then I would buy one on launch day regardless of colour because it's that damn good. :D

So I got to try one of these out today and I must say...

... doesn't the Aqua Blue look pretty? :heh:

..are you all blind..? :shakehead

What did you get to play, S.C.G? My experiences with the 3DS, as I've said before, have been quite poor but I know I'll be convinced of it as soon as I play an actual game :heh:

..are you all blind..? :shakehead

What did you get to play, S.C.G? My experiences with the 3DS, as I've said before, have been quite poor but I know I'll be convinced of it as soon as I play an actual game :heh:

Though we might disagree on eachother's 3DS colour preference, ....

That is one damn fine avatar and sig: peace:

Nintendo rep brought in Pilotwings to play today which kinda restored hope in the 3DS for me - it is a games machine after all and it was great fun :D

We've enlarged the AR card you get with the system to A4 and A3 size for demonstration in store and it's AMAZING. Pictures are (hopefully) incoming - me hugging my Mii for example :D

Also, we discovered an amazing camera thing earlier. It's quite tricky to get to but you can mix 2 peoples faces together. Sometimes it works really well:

200177_1952108166563_1358419312_2237034_4497655_n.jpg

Sometimes it's an abomination:

198217_1952108846580_1358419312_2237039_459536_n.jpg

But it's ALWAYS funny :D

200177_1952108166563_1358419312_2237034_4497655_n.jpg

Sometimes it's an abomination:

198217_1952108846580_1358419312_2237039_459536_n.jpg

But it's ALWAYS funny :D

That is amazing.....