NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

All major supermarkets are giving a free little advertisement book, not much in there you wont know, it lists the applications, also lists some of the camera modes; pinhole, sparkle, mystery, low light and dream. It also mentions with the streetpass option, you can set up to 12 games at one time to be using street pass, while the 3ds is in sleep mode.

In the booklet it says;

Lens:single focus

Image pickup device: CMOS

Valid pixels: about 300,000

From using the 3DS at a roadshow I'd say maybe there is a slight improvement, but nothing great. I probably felt most underwhelmed by the camera, didnt help taking pictures in a busy environment with loads of people around.

1-up playing the ? Block AR Card

MY GOD...I need this system, looks bloody amazing and that's only one feature.

MY GOD...I need this system, looks bloody amazing and that's only one feature.

That game looks a million times better when you're playing it yourself.

Just been into the Gamestation in Merry Hill shopping centre, which had a demo unit behind the counter. Very cool! :D Only got a chance to play around on the menu, though, as there was no game cart inserted. Made me even more excited about getting my own one, though!

Aaaaaaaaaaand it's hacked.

It'd be slightly contradictory if I said it was a shame, seeing as I hoped this would happen so I could play import 3DS games. But it is a shame in the terms of possible piracy that could become of this in the near future.

Edited by Debug Mode
Slight exaggeration

Excellent write up, well done for getting it published too!

I'm all for Mii's, but I'm not one to make thousands of look-a-likes, I found the process on Wii boring actually; i'll make one for the 3DS and that's it. However, I can't understand the protective attitude Nintendo has with them - they should be open to developers all the time - and at the very least available for menu and profile selections.

A question, since I haven't followed news on the 3DS all that closely: has there been any confirmation if whether all 3DS titles are region-locked, or if this will be a case by case thing (such in the case of Xbox 360 games)?

The consoles themselves are region locked I believe(?), so you'll have to have a game from that region to play on it.

The consoles themselves are region locked I believe(?), so you'll have to have a game from that region to play on it.

I asked this because I just saw that VGP.ca has a "region free" section for 3DS titles on their website:

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/default.php?cPath=561

Here's hoping they are right, and that this region-lock thing will be on a case-by-case basis. :hmm:

works out cheaper then my staff discount at game

really annoyed

Should work out at £200, with £10 reward points that makes it £190. Still not much better.. but is the best atm.

I'm pretty sure I read the 3DS is region locked in the same way as the 360 as in its upto the devs to region lock their games. I could be wrong. I also read an article over at CVG about how Pro Evo has been confirmed to be region locked.

I'm probably wrong though.

EDIT -

I found the links

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/283940/news/nintendo-3ds-region-lock-a-possibility-for-some-software/

Pro Evo Link

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/284350/news/pes-3ds-will-be-region-locked/

No idea if thats confirmation or not but it is interesting.

Edited by bryanee

There are Playstation adverts in Pro Evolution Soccer for the Wii too, Debug Mode, but it is to do with the fact that Sony sponsor the UEFA Champions League.

Considering Konami hold the license, it's probably a requirement that the advertising involved with the Champions League must be included. It's not really a big deal, though, is it..? :heh:

EDIT I've just read the link and you'll of course know all that already :indeed:

I played one todaaaay!

It was amazing. Me and the manager were chatting on the shop floor this morning when the nintendo rep comes in and says "Have you seen the 3DS yet?" "No, I really want to though" and then just whips it out of his pocket, my jaw hit the floor. It was so instant lol, one second I'm talking to my manager the next I'm taking a 3d photo and shooting my face in augmented reality...!

For a console that was release a couple of days ago, it's a bit hard to come across impressions/reviews/details on the launch games.

Internet, you're failing me.

Yep, I've seen a lot of videos of just the menus and AR cards, but not as much on the games.

I've just heard you can take screen shots of games using the memo app, can anyone confirm this? Will be great if true.

Yep, I've seen a lot of videos of just the menus and AR cards, but not as much on the games.

Lots of videos on youtube.