NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

I'm just hoping that Gamestation will follow suit with the price reduction. I'll be pretty peeved if I end up paying £229 when everywhere else is sub £200.

Am I not right in thinking that Game and Gamestation are owned by the same company? That being the case I see no reason why they shouldn't reduce their price.

Also, is that price for Game online only or in store as well?

Well since DoA isn't a launch title, I need to get another launch game. Need more than just SF IV and Samurai Warriors -.-

I fear I might just get Nintendogs or Rayman just for the sake of it. Hurry up with the April + release schedule alreay.

Well I feel I have to stick with my Gamestation order, purely because I've got £160 of store credit from trade-in's I did the other week.

Oooh. I feel an explicable urge to buy this sweet monster on day one but I feel that I shouldn't because I hardly use my DS as it is, and it is so expensive - even if I give my DS and some older games in, it would cost me about £160.

I don't know if this has been mentioned or brought up already, but there is a potential issue that I have with the 3DS and the positioning of the analogue stick.

When playing Metroid Prime: Hunters, I use the stylus in my left hand and the 4 face buttons as the makeshift d-pad. The DS is quite symmetrical and it seems to work fine. However, there could potentially be a problem with 3DS games, if the game uses analogue support, due to their only being one stick on the left hand side.

Hmm.

Aah yes i have also thought this.

Hmm indeed.

Us lefties may get a short deal here. :hmm:

I don't know if this has been mentioned or brought up already, but there is a potential issue that I have with the 3DS and the positioning of the analogue stick.

When playing Metroid Prime: Hunters, I use the stylus in my left hand and the 4 face buttons as the makeshift d-pad. The DS is quite symmetrical and it seems to work fine. However, there could potentially be a problem with 3DS games, if the game uses analogue support, due to their only being one stick on the left hand side.

Hmm.

Yeh.. I thought about that too when it was first unveiled but didn't really make anything of it because I'm right-handed and it won't affect me. It certainly must be a concern for left-handed players, however, or for those of you who prefer different control schemes in games than those which I am likely to adopt :hmm:

Aah yes i have also thought this.

Hmm indeed.

Us lefties may get a short deal here. :hmm:

Yeh.. I thought about that too when it was first unveiled but didn't really make anything of it because I'm right-handed and it won't affect me. It certainly must be a concern for left-handed players, however, or for those of you who prefer different control schemes in games than those which I am likely to adopt :hmm:

I know the simple solution will be to just use the four-face buttons on the right hand side as a d-pad. But...if there's an analogue stick there, it would be much better and more precise to use that.

Saying that, we didn't exactly see a million different shooters on the system. However, the one game that is making me a bit concerned is Kid Icarus, especially the on-rails parts.

I know the simple solution will be to just use the four-face buttons on the right hand side as a d-pad. But...if there's an analogue stick there, it would be much better and more precise to use that.

Saying that, we didn't exactly see a million different shooters on the system. However, the one game that is making me a bit concerned is Kid Icarus, especially the on-rails parts.

Yeah that was the game that made me scratch my head and wonder how the lefties would work it.

I read ONM's preview of it and when they said about using the circle pad and stylus at the same time i wasn't amused... :woops:

Saying that, for some reason Kid Icarus is the one game i'm just not that excited about. Maybe my opinion will change when i know more about it / when launch for it gets closer.

I am right-handed and I have no problems using the DS stylus with my left hand. Also, until the Wii came out, I have been steering every single game with my left hand (and still does, by the way) and have never had any problems. So I don't really understand the issue here. Of course it might not feel natural at first but with some practice I guess you'll be as good as any right-handed gamer.

I am right-handed and I have no problems using the DS stylus with my left hand. Also, until the Wii came out, I have been steering every single game with my left hand (and still does, by the way) and have never had any problems. So I don't really understand the issue here. Of course it might not feel natural at first but with some practice I guess you'll be as good as any right-handed gamer.

I think if you asked the majority of right handers to start using their DS stylus with their left hand - they would not like it or want to get used to it.

I know for a fact i could never be as good playing Elite Beat Agents with stylus in my right hand as i do in my left. Ever.

It doesn't feel natural. But i'm sure there will be a work around some where.

I know for a fact i could never be as good playing Elite Beat Agents with stylus in my right hand as i do in my left. Ever.

..even the thought of playing Elite Beat Agents with my weaker hand is horrifying :shakehead

Some Famitsu review scores are in! :D

nintendogs + cats (3DS) – 10/9/9/10

Super Monkey Ball 3D (3DS) – 9/8/8/7

Ridge Racer 3D (3DS) – 8/8/7/9

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles (3DS) – 9/9/8/8

Super Street Fighter IV 3D (3DS) – 9/8/8/9

PES 2011 3D (3DS) – 8/8/8/8

Professor Layton and the Mask or Miracle (3DS) – 8/8/8/8

Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D (3DS) – 6/6/6/6

Puzzle Bobble 3D (3DS) – 6/6/6/6

I have to say, i'm pleasantly surprised with Samurai Warriors. Was a bit unsure on how it would turn out. But liking that score.

Edited by ShadowV7

Just for the record the tour times from earlier in the thread have changed now (which is shite as it means I probably cant make it after all as I was going to go today!)

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/23722/news/nintendo-3ds-uk-tour-dates-confirmed-updated/

February 24th - 27th: St Andrew Square, Edinburgh.

- February 24th - 27th: Braehead Shopping Centre, Kings Inch Road, Glasgow.

- March 3rd - 6th: Williamson Square, Liverpool.

- March 3rd - 6th: MetroCentre (Exhibition Square) Gateshead, Newcastle.

- March 10th - 13th: Old Market Square, Nottingham.

- March 10th - 13th: Westfield (South Atrium), London.

- March 17th - 20th: The Forum, Norwich.

- March 18th - 20th March: Ilac Centre, Dublin.

- March 17th - 20th: Lakeside Shopping Centre, Thurrock.

- March 24th - 27th: Westfield (Centre Management Suite), Derby.

- March 25th - 27th: The East Piazza, Covent Garden, City of London, WC2E.

- March 31st - April 3rd: Armada Way Piazza: (City Centre), Plymouth.

- March 31st - April 3rd: WestQuay, Southampton.

- March 31st - April 3rd: The Centre MK, 24 Silbury Arcade, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire.

Some Famitsu review scores are in! :D

nintendogs + cats (3DS) – 10/9/9/10

Super Monkey Ball 3D (3DS) – 9/8/8/7

Ridge Racer 3D (3DS) – 8/8/7/9

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles (3DS) – 9/9/8/8

Super Street Fighter IV 3D (3DS) – 9/8/8/9

PES 2011 3D (3DS) – 8/8/8/8

Professor Layton and the Mask or Miracle (3DS) – 8/8/8/8

Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D (3DS) – 6/6/6/6

Puzzle Bobble 3D (3DS) – 6/6/6/6

I have to say, i'm pleasantly surprised with Samurai Warriors. Was a bit unsure on how it would turn out. But liking that score.

Nice to see, but I don't really regard Famitsu scores in the same as before. I think the Japanese audience seems to have really changed, so I don't really go by their scores anymore. But still a decent indication.

Monkey Ball at least seems a pretty decent effort.

Nice to see, but I don't really regard Famitsu scores in the same as before. I think the Japanese audience seems to have really changed, so I don't really go by their scores anymore. But still a decent indication.

Monkey Ball at least seems a pretty decent effort.

I'm especially skeptical about the Samurai Warriors: Chronicles score. I expected a high score for it anyway as it's one of those games that's loved in Japan. I think the real telling of what games are good should come a week or so before launch here when the European and US sites/magazines start giving their verdicts.

Well, sort of good news. Gamestation have just emailed to say their preorder price instore has dropped to £219.99

Still not great but at least it's moving in the right direction!

Well, sort of good news. Gamestation have just emailed to say their preorder price instore has dropped to £219.99

Still not great but at least it's moving in the right direction!

Hoping GAME follow suit. It's strange though. I haven't been contacted at all by GAME and I put my pre-order in before they gave out their price. Anyone else had this? Just strange as I gave them contact details when I pre-ordered ::shrug: