NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Eurogamer: Only people who went to the Eurogamer Expo.

GAME: Reward Card owners will be selected at random.

Why even announce them if they're going to be so closed?

Edited by Cube

Eurogamer: Only people who went to the Eurogamer Expo.

GAME: Reward Card owners will be selected at random.

Why even announce them if they're going to be so closed?

Yeah well I can only go to the Bristol one =/ of which it isnt GAME its HMV, and future not eurogamer. Club nintendo is my best bet.

Got an ivite to the 3DS event! Now to decide if I want to go or not, none are really near me.

Being the cynical person that I am I just thought of a horrible possibility. Imagine the 3DS is not as successful as we all want. Nintendo could easily produce the equivalent of the micro by making a 2DS.

Where have the people here pre0rdered theirs from?

ShopTo and Thehut.

Just registered for a ticket to the 3DS event in Bristol, have to wait and see if I'm successful now!

Got an ivite to the 3DS event! Now to decide if I want to go or not, none are really near me.

Got one as well. Sent in the time slot I'd like to go to but it'll be a bit of a trek as the closest one is in Glasgow and it'll no doubt be in one of the shopping centres/areas on the outskirts of the city. If it is, then I'll probably not bother going but if it's in the centre, I'll go. Does look like it only lasts half an hour going by the time slots they were offering so you're not gonna get much hands on time with it.

Really? Only half an hour?

That's a bit fail. No invite for me. Guess i'll make plans for that weekend then.

Anyone got an email about the Tour Event, that doesnt plan to go. Could i please have your invite? i would love to go to the Bristol event even tho its over 5 hours away from me.

pm if you have one with the link ?

cheers

3DS eShop and DSi Transfers Coming in May

Nintendo detailed its firmware update plans for the 3DS today, and it looks like a number of features aren't going to be available on day one. The system's first major firmware update is set for May and will add: a shopping interface, an internet browser, and functionality for transferring DSi Ware games to your 3DS.

The shopping interface is officially known as the "Nintendo eShop." Similar to the current Wii Shopping Channel and DSi Shopping Channel, you'll access this to make downloadable game purchases. As previously detailed, the shop will also offer demos and video downloads.

Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata, in comments shared at an investors briefing today, said that the eShop interface has been improved from what we saw on the DSi and Wii. The shop runs smoother and will be a place that gamers will want to visit just to "window shop."

The shop will offer a variety of software: Virtual Console (previously confirmed to be Game Boy and Game Boy Color games), DSi Ware games, and 3DS-specific titles. The latter category will encompass the "3D Classics" Nintendo mentioned at E3 last year, where classic titles are updated to support 3D output.

The shop will also offer free software, including a video player that will be required if you want to watch 3D video content. In Japan, free 3D video content is going to be distributed through a couple of television networks via SpotPass. Aside form this, Nintendo has yet to share its larger video plans for the system.

The reason the DSi Ware software transfer feature has to wait for the May update is because the feature makes use of the eShop. This feature will basically allow you to transfer games that you downloaded to your DSi onto your 3DS. Nintendo has not said how the transfers will be done or how the shop will be involved, but you will have a limited number of allowed transfers.

In the future, the 3DS firmware will see another update that will allow for transfer of software from one 3DS to another, for instance if you decide to buy an updated 3DS system or just change to a new color. These transfers will also have a limited number.

Also set for a future firmware update is functionality for automatic system updates and automatic software downloads via Spot Pass. A precise date for this update was not announced.

Anyone got an email about the Tour Event, that doesnt plan to go. Could i please have your invite? i would love to go to the Bristol event even tho its over 5 hours away from me.

pm if you have one with the link ?

cheers

Photo ID is required so doubt you'll be able to get in.

My friend sent me an email...

This is your exclusive invitation to try out the new Nintendo 3DS before its general release later this year. It's the first gaming console that uses 3D technology - no glasses required.

BOOM BOOM MOTHER FUCKER BRISTOL HERE I COME >=D

Photo ID is required so doubt you'll be able to get in.

its only to validate name on ticket, when u get email you click link to register for a ticket

My friend sent me an email...

This is your exclusive invitation to try out the new Nintendo 3DS before its general release later this year. It's the first gaming console that uses 3D technology - no glasses required.

BOOM BOOM MOTHER FUCKER BRISTOL HERE I COME >=D

its only to validate name on ticket, when u get email you click link to register for a ticket

see you there hopefully :) what time slot did you pick

Photo id thats proberly only after you register the form with your name ect, it wont matter from the email invites they are not name specific

see you there hopefully :) what time slot did you pick

Photo id thats proberly only after you register the form with your name ect, it wont matter from the email invites they are not name specific

13.30 just to be safe, its only 20mins on train from Taunton but not knowing where it actully IS is abit concerning =/ so leaving time for trains and taxi =/ going to be alone so =/ scary times

and now the perfect excuse to by a FLIP camera to attempt to film it for you lot :)

Where have the people here pre0rdered theirs from?

Game, but I'm regretting it. If I hadn't made a deposit there, I'd get it from Asda's website. If you enter "15OFF3DS" at the moment, you can get it for £202 (free postage), which is hard to resist.

oh and on second thoughts if anyone has another invite that no one else wants, I really want to take a friend with me to Bristol......

being only 4 events I cant see everyone here having use for all the invites/will be able to get there. So would appriciate it ta.

13.30 just to be safe, its only 20mins on train from Taunton

I read that as "20 mins on Tauntaun".

Has anyone who has booked a ticket for the 3ds event got a conformation email or the ticket emailed to them yet?

I did mine for the London one about 5 hours ago but nothing :S

Has anyone who has booked a ticket for the 3ds event got a conformation email or the ticket emailed to them yet?

I did mine for the London one about 5 hours ago but nothing :S

you get it the wednesday before the event...it does say that

I read that as "20 mins on Tauntaun".

Yeah my boyfriend is a Star wars geek, I understand these things now

you get it the wednesday before the event...it does say that

Awesome, I was in a bit of a rush when i put it through so i missed it. That's why I was worried if I put my email in wrong.

Thanks for the info!!!!