NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

It's not going to be an extra 100euros, as stated here it sounds like at the very most it'll be is around the same price as the Wii was originally, the £180 mark. I feel that's completely justified given what this little machine can do. Saying that, given how much of a leap forward this is compared to the very original DS I wouldn't mind paying £200 to be honest :grin

You're right as well to point out the backwards compatible bit, it's very reasuring, I think we all assumed it was going to be built in, it is Nintendo after all, not Sony. But yeah it's nice to see it in writing!

As well as the great idea of being able to multitask, having the wireless button on the console is a relief! I'm so fed up of loading a game on the DSi and then having to come out of it and go through menus just to turn wireless comms on or off.

And that Mii software in that video is just... spectacular!! That's amazing tech! Can't wait to finally have Mii's that look like the people I so desperately try to make :laughing:

No way! they've said the yen price equates to $299 almost exactly. So thats £188.21 so I reckon you equate for English rip off lets add some onto the price I reckon it will be over £200, £220 at the cheapest perhaps...especially seem as its coming bundled with stuff.

It's extremely hard to tell what it will be placed at. It depends on if NoA and NoE think that people will pay more than the Wii at launch.

What I want to know is:

1. Battery:

• How many any hours does the battery last?
    • How long does it take to fully charge?

[*]Wii 3DS connect24:

• Will this feature just notify you about new software available or will it automatically download it for you too?

[*] Pre-order:

• Can I pre-order one yet?
  • Where from?

My thoughts on 3DS:

Design

It looks almost exactly identical to past DS models, this is not a bad thing but I would have liked something more fresh. I am sure there will be a re-design, probably around October/November 2011, just in time for the busy Christmas period and I am sure there will be bigger variety of software to entice people to buy one then.

Games

Resident Evil looks superb especially in motion. Hopefully the game play is just as good as the graphics!

Unfortunately there are other games that don't look so good, however, I have heard this is due to the games being iPhone ports.

Virtual Console (VC)

The virtual console is one of the best features about the Wii, I am sure the 3DS VC will cause the money in my wallet to vanish!

3D

Obviously I cannot give my full impressions on this because I have never used a 3DS in person. Judging by what other people are saying, the 3D works very well and can improve the gameplay experience. If you do not like 3D you can always turn it off, via the 3D slider on the right-hand side of the 3DS.

Final thoughts

I am sure the 3DS will be a big hit and I plan to buy one on launch day.

If Nintendo and especially 3rd parties put the effort in, I have a feeling this will be the best Nintendo system since the SNES!

I'm wondering if NoA and NoE will change the package to keep the price down. For instance, they may consider selling the 3DS just with the charger/dock and a cheap stylus while leaving out the SD card, AR Cards and fancy stylus.

I cant't wait for this, it looks incredible. I just hope Nintendo don't scrimp on any features and go all out. Primary in the connectivity realm. A bit of e thinks they should do a MS and force all games to use the tag feature, it needs to be what the systems about for everyone to use it. And obviously hope Nintendo finally embrace online gaming! Fully. With an easy interface, rather than their extremely ironic current system. Ironic in that they want to simplify the experience for the casuals but have designed the most awkward and obtrusive method!

Proper online gaming would be a godsend. Especially with a phone that can share it's connection over WiFi.

With an easy interface, rather than their extremely ironic current system. Ironic in that they want to simplify the experience for the casuals but have designed the most awkward and obtrusive method!

I dunno... My friends and I find the Wii extremely easy to use online and am addicted to Mario Kart online. Can't wait for what they've planned with the 3DS :)

What I want to know is:

[*]Wii 3DS connect24:

• Will this feature just notify you about new software available or will it automatically download it for you too?

Depends what each individual game does in its tag mode. They have said that some games will automatically download content for you in the 3DS.

And at E3 I remember them saying that, talking about the 3DS system itself rather than individual games, you could wake up some mornings and find fresh new content just waiting for you to use. Sounds good to me!

I dunno... My friends and I find the Wii extremely easy to use online and am addicted to Mario Kart online. Can't wait for what they've planned with the 3DS :)

Depends what each individual game does in its tag mode. They have said that some games will automatically download content for you in the 3DS.

And at E3 I remember them saying that, talking about the 3DS system itself rather than individual games, you could wake up some mornings and find fresh new content just waiting for you to use. Sounds good to me!

They said similar stuff about the Wii too or tried to imply that was the case.

For example, in Smash Bros. Brawl, the game will notify you of any new user created levels. You still have to download the levels manually. I'm hoping with the 3DS, it downloads certain things automaticlly, while in sleep mode for example.

They said similar stuff about the Wii too or tried to imply that was the case.

For example, in Smash Bros. Brawl, the game will notify you of any new user created levels. You still have to download the levels manually. I'm hoping with the 3DS, it downloads certain things automaticlly, while in sleep mode for example.

From what I recall of E3 they made it very clear that this was a new feature so I'd say it's not going to end up like anything on the Wii. They were quite specific about that, that you'd have content when, for example, you woke up in the morning (after your own sleep mode ;)) ready to use, if you decide to use those services of course.

I approve of this.

Knew you would say this :wink:

Perhaps they will remake FFVII on the PSP and the 3DS because you know, it's too hard for Square to make towns in HD :laughing:

I'm wondering if NoA and NoE will change the package to keep the price down. For instance, they may consider selling the 3DS just with the charger/dock and a cheap stylus while leaving out the SD card, AR Cards and fancy stylus.

It's usually the other way around for us, we usually get more then what Japan get when they buy a system. Perhaps an extra game or free when getting it to truly show off what the 3DS is really capable of.

128575249129530.JPG

Hmmm...seeing my GB games crystal clear and looking awesome on the 3DS like that pic above.....SCREW YOU NOSTALGIA!!!

New 3DS games listed

SPRING 2011

* Nintendogs + Cats (Nintendo)

* Pilotwings Resort (Nintendo)

* Steel Diver (Nintendo)

* Zelda Ocarina of Time (Nintendo)

* Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (Capcom)

* Pro Baseball Spirits (Konami)

* Ridge Racer 3D (Namco Bandai)

* Samurai Warriors Chronicle (Tecmo Koei)

* Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (Level-5)

* Shanghai 3D Cube (Sunsoft)

* Runabout for Nintendo 3DS (Rocket Company)

* Cubic Ninja (AQ Interactive)

* Fish On (ASCII Media Works)

SUMMER 2011

* Earthpedia (Gakken)

TBA 2011

* Kid Icarus (Nintendo)

* Medabot for Nintendo 3DS (Rocket Company)

TBA

* Star Fox 64 3D (Nintendo)

* Animal Crossing (Nintendo)

* Paper Mario (Nintendo)

* Mario Kart (Nintendo)

* Chocobo Racing 3D (Square Enix)

* Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom)

* Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D (Capcom)

* Dead or Alive Dimensions (Tecmo Koei)

* 3D Beauty Clock (Beauty Clock -- not officially announced)

It's likely that the "spring" release time frame is just placeholder for all the launch games, so we can probably expect all the spring games to be released at or around the time of the system's February launch.

For details on all the various titles, see the following stories, which contain the screens and info that were distributed by the various publishers at the press conference.

Cubic Ninja

From AQ Interactive, this action puzzle game gives you control of a cube-shaped ninja and has you attempt to escape a mansion. You'll need to deal with the various traps that fill the mansion, including breaking blocks and giant steel balls. You control the action by tilting the 3DS system.

The game also includes a mansion editor. You can create your own trap filled mansions and exchange them with other players.

A release is set for Spring.

Shanghai 3D Cube

This 3D puzzler from Sunsoft follows the basics of Shanghai, only you can view the puzzle in 3D. In addition to pyramids of mahjong pieces, the game also includes cube layouts. You'll be able to play in multiplayer as well. A release is set for Spring.

Earthpedia

And just like that, the 3DS has its first edutainment game courtesy of Gakken. Earthpedia is themed around the Earth, outer space and the world (it took me a while to accept it, but yes this is totally different from the "Earth" theme). The title promises to make use of the 3DS's 3D support, high resolution and accelerometer. A release is set for Summer 2011.

Fish On

ASCII Media Works is readying the 3DS's first fishing game. This true fishing game promises beautiful water visuals. You'll be able to move between points on the water in your boat, or you can choose to fish from various points around your lodge. A release is set for Spring.

Runabout for Nintendo 3DS

Climax delivers a new entry in its driving action series in this collaboration with Rocket Company. The concept of destruction as you race through the city to clear missions is unchanged for the 3DS version. A release is set for Spring. This game was announced at E3 as "Crash-City GP.

Medabot for Nintendo 3DS

The Medabot series comes to 3DS in 2011 courtesy of Rocket Company. The 3DS version promises the same customization, growth, collection and trading aspects of past entries. This game was announced at E3 as VS-robo.

Question:

If they plan to release Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask in Spring 2011 (2nd game chronologically)

and Professor Layton and the Lost Future on 22nd of October (6th game chronologically)

will we be getting

Professor Layton and the Specter's Flute(1st game chronologically)

in between those releases?

Or does what Dante posted apply to Japan?

Don't like Starfox being TBA... surely that'll be a launch game!

Not a chance i'd say. Nintendo will most likely have Legend of zelda at launch and probably one other nintendo title.

I believe for the ds it was super mario 64 ds and warioware touched. Maybe they'll add another one seen as the first year of the ds was just so devoid of games.

Nintendo Confirms 3DS Launch Titles, Including Zelda and Street Fighter

Nintendo has confirmed that the 3DS handheld, the first gaming device to deliver three dimensional experiences without any glasses, will be launched on February 26, 2011 on the Japanese market and now the company has also unveiled the video games which will accompany the hardware and will attract long time Nintendo fans to it.

The ten titles which will arrive on the same date as the Nintendo 3DS in Japan are:

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D from Nintendo

Nintendogs + Cats from Nintendo

Pilotwings Resort (working title) from Nintendo

Pro Baseball Spirits from Konami

Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle from Level 5

Ridge Racer 3D from Namco Bandai

Samurai Warriors Chronicle from Tecmo Koei

Steel Diver from Nintendo

Super Monkey Ball (working title) from Sega

Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition from Capcom

Later in 2011 the platform is also set to get Kid Icarus: Uprising from Nintendo and Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D - The Naked Sample from Konami

There are other games confirmed to be in development for the Nintendo 3DS which do not yet have launch dates and will probably arrive beginning with the second half of 2011:

Chocobo Racing 3D from Square Enix

Star Fox 64 3D from Nintendo

Animal Crossing from Nintendo

Dead or Alive: Dimensions from Tecmo Koei

Paper Mario (working title) from Nintendo

Mario Kart (working title) from Nintendo

Resident Evil: Revelations from Capcom

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D from Capcom

The line up seems quite strong, with a lot of the characters and story lines that are associated with Nintendo platforms set to move to three dimensions and to the 3DS device.

The presence of titles like Resident Evil, Dead or Alive, Metal Gear Solid and Samurai Warriors also means that more hardcore gamers might be interested to pick up the 3DS and titles created specifically for it to see what it has to offer despite the 25,000 Yen, which is the equivalent of about 300 dollars, to see what it has to offer.

Source http://news.softpedia.com/news/Nintendo-Confirms-3DS-Launch-Titles-Including-Zelda-and-Street-Fighter-158963.shtml

What you said

Thought I'd clear this up: Those 10 titles you posted as being 'launch titles for the 3DS' are not launch titles. People have misinterpreted the original article which appeared on Gamespot, which subsequently moved to Softpedia. They are 10 games which will be available during the launch window, i.e. they could be at launch or they could be available in the months after the console has launched in Japan. But as of this moment, they are not launch titles. Nintendo is yet to announce the games which will be available at launch.

Either way I'd hope for more than 10 titles available at launch!

Who honestly has the money or time for any more than 5 games at launch?

With the quality of games seemingly so good, I'd be happy with 10 to choose between! :)

You think that all ten games would appeal to you not to mention be any good?

It's all about choice nobody says you have to buy ALL ten.

With the quality of games seemingly so good, I'd be happy with 10 to choose between! :)

I'm happy you are happy but personally I can see a drought coming onto second half of 2010..

I'm happy you are happy but personally I can see a drought coming onto second half of 2010..

It wouldn't be be a Nintendo system if there wasn't :santa:

You think that all ten games would appeal to you not to mention be any good?

It's all about choice nobody says you have to buy ALL ten.

Yeah the point I was making was choice (and for all consumers aswell, not just me)... not that I would want to buy more than 10 games!