NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Has there been any mention of a main account system for the 3DS? The Gameboy VC has me giddy but unless they make it so you can transfer your stuff from one machine to another, without having to send it to Nintendo, I probably won't touch it.

You can transfer most software from one 3DS to another (and from a DSi to 3DS). Naturally, there will be a limit on the number of transfers.

You mean transferring your downloaded wares from your DSi? That's been included. And if you mean can you transfer it if you buy another 3DS, they've said you can if you're replacing your system. They won't let you transfer it from one system to another if you're wanting to give something you've bought to friends though, I can't see that working in a business model, but I'd say there'll be the gift option like the Wii Shop.

Thanks. Have they said how this will work?

Thanks. Have they said how this will work?

The badly-translated sheet says:

Purchased new Nintendo 3DS software downloads can be moved. Ninte Nintendo DSi Nintendo DSi LL Ndo and you can move the software from the DSi Also available.

※ There is a limit to the number of moving. Some software can not move ※

It sounds like you can simply move software via either SD or WiFi. But how you do it is just speculation.

I'm surprised anyone would make any expectations of a system's power based on one third party video.

If a 3rd party can get good graphics out of a system, then I'd definitely use this as a judge of its power more than a 1st party game.

Nintendo made the hardware so it's only natural that they'd know how to get the most out of it without having to milk its power. But 3rd party developers, at this stage at least, will have had less time to experiment with it, so if they can still get good graphics, that's a better indication of the system's power.

But as it stands so far it looks like Capcom have got better graphics out of it than Nintendo.

Have to say the more I see that video the more I like the fact the analogue slider is grey on the black version. Maybe a lighter blue one on the blue 3DS would be better for that version?

However, the grey and black two-tone is a thing of absolute beauty, and the shade of the blue one is lovely. Never know, the grey slider on the blue might grow on me too... ;)

I would guess that those parts are grey due to money reasons.

I really like the look of the charging stand.

25000 yen is 219 euros or 299 dollars, I'd be happy with a direct conversion. America is always a bit cheaper than Europe though so it'll probably be 250 euros here.

Launch lineup looks great, don't know how am I going to afford it all. Don't mind it not coming out until March as theres good games coming out this Winter and Christmas, and I still need to purchase Galaxy 2.

3D virtual console is an incredible addition, makes me wonder if some DS games will have the same possibility (eg. Pokemon Black/White).

Can any one actually tell me where they're pulling this Launch line up shit from?

There's been nothing specified for launch, merely just A line up, I think people may be presuming too much here..

Can any one actually tell me where they're pulling this Launch line up shit from?

There's been nothing specified for launch, merely just A line up, I think people may be presuming too much here..

The games they're showing are the "release window" titles, which means they're due out within the first 6 months (or is it 12?) of the system retailing.

25000 yen is 219 euros or 299 dollars, I'd be happy with a direct conversion. America is always a bit cheaper than Europe though so it'll probably be 250 euros here.

I think that's too much for a handheld. They'd want to be careful with that. The ds was 150 euros, What justifies this 100 euros extras this time round?

Purchased new Nintendo 3DS software downloads can be moved. Ninte Nintendo DSi Nintendo DSi LL Ndo and you can move the software from the DSi Also available.

※ There is a limit to the number of moving. Some software can not move

This worries me what could it be?! If its anything I've paid for I'd be pretty pissed.

I've watched the concept trailer thats doing the meta/social games taking place as you wander around like that. Also like the new Mii system of taking pics and it creating them based on your pics, hope these can be put onto Wii! Loved the augmented reality bit with the [?] block and the shifting of the camera around this to reveal different stuff.

I'm still not gonna get one when they come out. I think I will be a relatively late adopter wait for it to hit critical mass and have its first price drop as it's obviously gonna be £200+

This worries me what could it be?! If its anything I've paid for I'd be pretty pissed.

Hopefully just stuff like the Internet Browser. Better not be games that has online modes like on Wii.

Conference vid will be available here at some point:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference2010/presentation/index.html

Just been watching this:

Sweeeeeeeet! :grin:

That was an aweome trailer... love the idea of if two people are playing the game near each other the consoles will pick each other up and automatically set up a 2 player game. That is wicked.

The following information comes from Square-Enix producer, Hajime Tabata...

“If I were to do something on 3DS, it’d be a Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII remake i guess. Completely changing the scenario composition and game design for the 3DS, if it were an action RPG BCFF7 that lots of Turk players could simultaneously play at a dizzying pace, wait a second this work is not an official announcement of course.â€

More from Tabata on Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII 3DS remake speculation

- both Tetsuya Nomura and Yoshinori Kitase are interested in doing this remake

- Tabata suggested that we treat this for now as just his ambition rather than something that will actually happen

- Tabata hasn't seen the 3DS for himself

- Tabata was receiving 3DS information just like the rest of us today, as he's been too busy with his game projects to keep up on the 3DS info

I approve of this.

That was an aweome trailer... love the idea of if two people are playing the game near each other the consoles will pick each other up and automatically set up a 2 player game. That is wicked.
Yeah it's an awesome feature. icon14.gif

That part of the trailer on the train made me laugh though, I mean imagine how many people are going to miss their stop because of being mid battle with a random person in a surprise VS match. :laughing:

Its most likely spit and polish on the promo video, but that charging stand looks suspiciously like its charging wirelessly. If so, i'd be really happy with that.

styluso.jpg

The tech list:

Nintendo 3DS System

Nintendo 3DS Exclusive Charging Stand

Nintendo 3DS AC Adapter

Nintendo 3DS Exclusive Touch Pen

SD Memory Card (2 Gigabytes)

6 AR Cards (paper cards used for playing with the camera)

Simple Starter Guide

Instructions

Warranty

The system's specifications, as translated from Nintendo's press release are:

Size

134x74x21mm

Weight

230g

Upper Screen

3.53 inches, wide screen with naked eye 3D support, 800x240 pixel resolution

Lower Screen

3.02 inches, 320x240 pixels

Camera

One camera on the inside, two cameras on the outside. Each camera is 0.3 megapixels (640x480)

Wireless Communication

2.4GHz. Can exchange data with other 3DS units through Surechigai (Tag Mode). Can connect to the internet via wireless LAN access points (compatible with WPA/WPA2 IEEE802.11 security).

Inputs

A/B/X/Y, D-pad, L/R, Start/Select, Slide Pad (360 degree analogue input), Touch Screen, Internal Mic, Camera, Motion Sensor, Gyro Sensor

Other Inputs

3D Volume (can smoothly adjust degree of 3D output), Home Button (for opening the Home menu), Wireless Switch (can turn off wireless even while in mid-game), Power Button

Connector

Game Card Slot, SD Memory Card Slot, AC Adapter Connection, Charge Connection, Headphone Connection

Sound

Stereo Speakers on the left and right of the top screen

Touch Pen

Can be contracted. Max length 10cm

Battery

Lithium Ion Battery

Game Card

Nintendo 3DS exclusive game cards. Size is the same as DS cards. Max memory capacity will be 2 gigabytes at system launch

Major functionality mentioned by Nintendo in its press release includes:

Enjoy 3D images with the naked eye on the top screen.

You can adjust the 3D volume to change the 3D feel, and can also make it 2D.

A stereo camera that can take 3D pictures

Includes 2 external cameras. When you take 3D pictures, they can be viewed on the spot.

New input interfaces

Slide Pad, Motion Sensor, Gyro Sensor.

Itsunoma ni Tsuushin

When the 3DS is in sleep mode, the system will automatically seek out Nintendo Zone and wireless LAN access points and will grab information, game data, free games, videos and other things from the internet. The name, incidentally, translates to something along the lines of "Wireless Communication When You Weren't Expecting It."

Surechigai Tsuushin/Tag Mode

When the 3DS is in sleep mode, it will automatically exchange data with other 3DS systems. The system can transfer data from multiple games simultaneously.

Functionality For Use Without Leaving Games

Home Menu, Internet Browser, Notice List.

A Variety of Software Built In

Nintendo 3DS Camera, Nintendo 3DS Sound, Mii Studio, Surechigai/Tag Mode Mii Plaza, AR Games, Omoide Kirokuchou (Memory Recording Notebook) and more.

Download Sales of Games

In addition to buying games, you can view introductory videos and rankings.

Transfer Over Software and Data

You'll be able to transfer your already purchased download software to 3DS. This includes DSi Ware games from DSi and DSi LL.

Backwards Compatible

In addition to playing games made for 3DS, the system can also play DSi and DS games.

Parental Controls

You can set play restrictions based off game ratings. You can also limit browser use and other areas. Parental Controls have been improved from the DSi versions.

Edited by Dante

Battery

Lithium Ion Battery

Game Card

Nintendo 3DS exclusive game cards. Size is the same as DS cards. Max memory capacity will be 2 gigabytes at system launch

Major functionality mentioned by Nintendo in its press release includes:

Enjoy 3D images with the naked eye on the top screen.

You can adjust the 3D volume to change the 3D feel, and can also make it 2D.

A stereo camera that can take 3D pictures

Includes 2 external cameras. When you take 3D pictures, they can be viewed on the spot.

New input interfaces

Slide Pad, Motion Sensor, Gyro Sensor.

Itsunoma ni Tsuushin

When the 3DS is in sleep mode, the system will automatically seek out Nintendo Zone and wireless LAN access points and will grab information, game data, free games, videos and other things from the internet. The name, incidentally, translates to something along the lines of "Wireless Communication When You Weren't Expecting It."

Surechigai Tsuushin/Tag Mode

When the 3DS is in sleep mode, it will automatically exchange data with other 3DS systems. The system can transfer data from multiple games simultaneously.

Functionality For Use Without Leaving Games

Home Menu, Internet Browser, Notice List.

A Variety of Software Built In

Nintendo 3DS Camera, Nintendo 3DS Sound, Mii Studio, Surechigai/Tag Mode Mii Plaza, AR Games, Omoide Kirokuchou (Memory Recording Notebook) and more.

Download Sales of Games

In addition to buying games, you can view introductory videos and rankings.

Transfer Over Software and Data

You'll be able to transfer your already purchased download software to 3DS. This includes DSi Ware games from DSi and DSi LL.

Backwards Compatible

In addition to playing games made for 3DS, the system can also play DSi and DS games.

Parental Controls

You can set play restrictions based off game ratings. You can also limit browser use and other areas. Parental Controls have been improved from the DSi versions.

You know nobody really mentioned that yet. Did we just presume it would be? Well it's comforting to know this anyway.

I think that's too much for a handheld. They'd want to be careful with that. The ds was 150 euros, What justifies this 100 euros extras this time round?

It's not going to be an extra 100euros, as stated here it sounds like at the very most it'll be is around the same price as the Wii was originally, the £180 mark. I feel that's completely justified given what this little machine can do. Saying that, given how much of a leap forward this is compared to the very original DS I wouldn't mind paying £200 to be honest :grin:

You're right as well to point out the backwards compatible bit, it's very reasuring, I think we all assumed it was going to be built in, it is Nintendo after all, not Sony. But yeah it's nice to see it in writing!

As well as the great idea of being able to multitask, having the wireless button on the console is a relief! I'm so fed up of loading a game on the DSi and then having to come out of it and go through menus just to turn wireless comms on or off.

And that Mii software in that video is just... spectacular!! That's amazing tech! Can't wait to finally have Mii's that look like the people I so desperately try to make :laughing: