NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Must have died and gone to a 3D Nintendo-heaven.

It's been a long time since I'ved been so excited about any gaming device. It's got the games, it's got the innovation and from the looks of it, it's got the specs.

I'm still in a rush at the moment, so sooner or later I'll come crashing back to earth. Let's hope it's not when they give away the release date or when the first true games get a hands-on.

I was expecting a lot. I got way more than I bargained for. :bouncy:

3DS has blown my mind! :o

That is all. :heh:

I was worried that the successor of the Nintendo DS would not allow it justice...but...wow.

Day 1 instantly.

There any word yet how the 3D movie trailers looked on it?

Good, apparently. I've read it somewhere, but I've been browsing from one site to the other, so can't really retrace my steps.

Only a small issue... but I'm still not sold on the name. We all know names doesn't matter (Wii?), but I think it's too fabricated.

"Hey, we have a brand new DS-like console, and it's got 3D! 3D... DS... 3DS! Result"

It's like SpyKids 3D. Yes, it's the third move. Yes, it's in 3D. *sigh*

My personal opinion, ofcourse. I know a lot of people find it to be pretty clever, but I find it quite the oposite. Not imaginative enough. Then again, there are worse name-offenders. Kinect? :hmm:

Edited by Strange Cookie

I really hope they step up with online features.

And I HOPE to God they bring in a way you can get Gameboy, colour, advance games online.

Would instantly make this system epic beyond anything.

I hope you're wrong about it being the same as DS though and that it's multitouch...

It won't be multitouch. Apple have that sewn up. I doubt it'll be a capacitive screen due t cost.

Anyone else noticed how useless the touchscreen looks on 3DS so far?

I kind of get what your saying. It will loose the seamless interaction between both screens; as daft as it sounds it'll become a playpad rather than a way to directly interactive with whats on screen; worst case is every developer uses it as a HUD.

The bottom screen was mainly used as a HUD/Map in most games anyway. Plus I don't think you can have 3D and and touch on the same screen so they were going to lose the ability to use both screens as one big one anyway.

I guess we lose the ability to touch and directly interact with the game unless we see games that mix 2D interacting with 3D analogue stuff.

i love this thing, i was stunned when i saw the graphics, first when i saw Kid icarus i thought it was for the nintendo wii, and i said it looks beautifull then i read it was for 3ds i thought wow, this console has to be in my hands,and now, i will buy almost every game that i have seen on screen :P

i loved the graphics from metal gear solid also, i compared it with the graphics from Xbox, gamecube psp and it looks 10 times better then all of those, awesome gadged loved it,

It's looking like we're probably getting this after Christmas supposedly

It'd be great if other Game workers here could verify this but a friend in her staff meeting has been told about Nintendo sending units to retailers around the Christmas period (just the ETA they've got so far) like they usually do with new hardware to generate interest.

If this is true and the signs do indeed point to early 2011 like the main site has an article on, what the fuck? I'd be rushing that shit out for the holiday season.

As you can just about see the 3D effect in video cameras, I feel confident that my dodgy eyes will have no problems whatsoever at viewing the 3D on the 3DS.

Awesome!!

And they come with a hot girl attachment!!

For Fuck Sake!! Nintendo and their peripherals...

It's looking like we're probably getting this after Christmas supposedly

It'd be great if other Game workers here could verify this but a friend in her staff meeting has been told about Nintendo sending units to retailers around the Christmas period (just the ETA they've got so far) like they usually do with new hardware to generate interest.

If this is true and the signs do indeed point to early 2011 like the main site has an article on, what the fuck? I'd be rushing that shit out for the holiday season.

And even further information. Quoted from the email sent to them:

if asked, you are not allowed to confirm any release of a 3ds lite in the near future, a suggested response to such querys will be sent closer to the time

Along those lines any way..

Oh boy here we go!

Well I think the reason they said it could slip to 2011 is incase something unexpected does happen or there are manufacturing errors (or even, its so popular in Japan they send more copies there instead) then they can release it in 2011 and just say "told you it could happen".

The fact there' a chance it could be released this year is good enough for me.

Though I'll probably import one as I usually do in such times...but I don't want to. Must resist.

I'll be importing mine again if it slips to 2011 here. But the games, how many shall I order assuming only some of what we've seen makes it to launch...

The fact there' a chance it could be released this year is good enough for me.

Though I'll probably import one as I usually do in such times...but I don't want to. Must resist.

Same situation here, I just hope some reviewers get it long before it's first release to confirm if it's region free or not.

Well I don't have 100% vision, but avatar did work in 3d for me, so will this be fine

There any word yet how the 3D movie trailers looked on it?

Looked fine. The 3d effect is quite good too. Not compatible with the slider however unlike the games.

Shame about the subpar graphics and features. Its still using the horrible old style touchscreen with stylus. Its still quite abit behind the iPhone let alone PSP.

Having said that PSP and iPhone arent going to bother Nintendo. I am interested in whether this can take some marketshare from the PSP as alot of similar games are announced. PSP is basically a pirate system so its understandable 3rd parties are eager to join the 3ds.

How many people anticipate after they first get it spending a few minutes going "oooh 3D!" and then after that spend a few more minutes turning the 3D dial up and down.

"3D goes up! 3D goes down. 3D goes up! 3D goes down....3D goes up! 3D goes down."