NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

I need to see if it's region locked like the DSi before I decide to import

I imagine the release will be pretty simultaneous.

Who knows, Europe may even get it before US!

I want to get excited for 3DS, bit somehow I just can't. It looks cool, but I can't justify the expense when I could probably buy my own weight in games for my DS Phat for the same money.

I want to get excited for 3DS, bit somehow I just can't. It looks cool, but I can't justify the expense when I could probably buy my own weight in games for my DS Phat for the same money.
BUT LOOK AT THE GAMES!!!!

i'm not sure about this. there really doesn't seem to be anything new other than another 0.3MP camera and the 3D effect. graphics don't look any different to me. sure, the new games sound sweet though.

i'm curious if the 3DS games can be played on a regular DS, just minus the whole 3D effect.

Heard nothing yet. Just before March next year and rumours of October.

You haven't noticed a difference in graphics? That I laughed at :heh:

And no, it doesn't look like that would work to me.

i'm not sure about this. there really doesn't seem to be anything new other than another 0.3MP camera and the 3D effect. graphics don't look any different to me. sure, the new games sound sweet though.

i'm curious if the 3DS games can be played on a regular DS, just minus the whole 3D effect.

How do graphics not look better?

3DS games can't be played on the normal DS. It's the equivilant of asking if a GBA game can be played on a GBC

BUT LOOK AT THE GAMES!!!!

Honestly, if I was even a slightly wealthier man, I'd be right there with you. As it is, the money and time I have for games is already under serious threat without throwing a new handheld on top. :heh:

Spec stuff:

For those sceptical, it's likely that is actually gigabytes rather than gigabits. Only stating this as it caused a bit of confusion for some of the titles announced as 'massive' DS games.

If only Nintendo gave us a new prediction for the launch period..

WTF. Have you not seen any screenshots??

This is ridiculous. Best games system ever? Look at all these pissing games and the system isn't even out yet!

I am blown.

I laugh at xbox and sony doing what the wii did 3 years ago, and then nintendo do this and BOOM!!

Is your brain fucking broken or are you just blind?

The graphics are improved at least to the level of being able to run MGS3 and Chaos theory.

There's an analogue stick and tilt control.

Game cards are now up to 2 gigabyte (no, the DS couldn't do this, that was GigaBIT).

3D effects on top of these features.

I hope online play is integrated into more games. And lets drop the friend codes! It looks like it could be a great system! Are there any rumors regarding a PSP2 or any other rival from sony / microsoft?

DJ Hero 3D, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Saints Row, Madden NFL, Dead or Alive 3D, Ninja Gaiden, Street Fighter IV, Ridge Racer, Metal Gear Solid, Professor Layton, and Samurai Warriors. :o

I hope online play is integrated into more games. And lets drop the friend codes! It looks like it could be a great system! Are there any rumors regarding a PSP2 or any other rival from sony / microsoft?

In the Sony conference, they said they are giving PSP a big marketing push, so I doubt Sony have anything planned at the moment.

You can sort of see how the 3D will work...

Edited by The Lillster

In the Sony conference, they said they are giving PSP a big marketing push, so I doubt Sony have anything planned at the moment.

You can sort of see how the 3D will work...

Even on a 2D computer monitor, that image has s ome impressive depth. Can't wai to get my grubby mits on one.

On twitter:

Andrew Pfister - I'm in the chorus. The 3D looks great (same when it's off). Slide pad feels vastly superior to PSP nub.

Dan Hsu - "Whoa...the 3D on the 3DS is stunning. Very crisp. Legitimately works...true 3D without glasses."

John Davison - "Just got hands on with 3DS. It's un-freakin-believable. Gorgeous screen, fantastic sense of depth"

Geoff Keighley - "Just went hands on with 3ds. Wow!! This thing is amazing, best thing of show so far."