NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Paper Mario 3DS would be awesome!!

Even the name fits!

Paper Mario 2 has to be one of my all time favourite games too, the ending was so intense!

I've really got to go back and finish Paper Mario. I was maybe about halfway through when I lost all my save data.

Damn those shoddy Gamecube Memory Cards!

It happens to everyone at sometime in their lives :hmm:

It was actually my Wii internal memory that went. It was the first paper Mario on the Virtual console.

Thankfully, my TTYD save is still intact.

Very interested to see both what the real graphical capabilities of this are and the general angle for the whole system. Are we going to see a whole new feel to games based on 3d?

Hope that E3 has a very good software set for this... but then again the DS release was a bit wet.

lol @ Paper Mario 3D. You turn the camera a notch and everything disappears.

I'm guessing that was his joke. :p

No jokes, this is my serious face:awesome:

and even you did turn it a notch, one could press a button and go at it SUPER PAPER MARIO style.

mario kart 3ds is on the cards ;)

There will be a Mario Kart 3DS becuse every handheld had a Mario Kart but not the Game Boy or GBC.

There will be a Mario Kart 3DS becuse every handheld had a Mario Kart but not the Game Boy or GBC.

Well then not every handheld has had a Mario Kart title ::shrug: Would have been more accurate to say all recent Nintendo handhelds have had a Mario Kart game

A Mario Kart game is a given, along with a new Mario platforming game, and I'd expect those two to appear in some form at E3, presumably as nothing more than a tech demo to show how things are working.

I hope Mario Kart 3DS and Super Mario Sunshine 3D get announced at E3.

I hope Mario Kart 3DS and Super Mario Sunshine 3D get announced at E3.

Mario Kart 3DS - maybe

Super Mario Sunshine 3D - no chance.

Mario Kart 3DS - maybe

Super Mario Sunshine 3D - no chance.

Yeah Super Mario Sunshine 3D has to come out Super Mario 64 DS came out so why cant Super Mario Sunshine 3D come out?

Lets put it this way, one was a revolutionary game that defined the 3D platformer and was generally loved by everyone who played it. The other was a mediocre game (for the series anyway) that had worse gameplay mechanics, and relied on a gimmick.

Lets put it this way, one was a revolutionary game that defined the 3D platformer and was generally loved by everyone who played it. The other was a mediocre game (for the series anyway) that had worse gameplay mechanics, and relied on a gimmick.

God damn. I want to shoot you. In the dick.

Sunshine was fuuuucking awesome and dayum the word gimmick is over used when it comes to gaming aspects lately.

OPINIONS. MINE IS BETTER.

EDIT: Just to contribute, I would like Love Plus, in english, on the 3DS. So it feels like I'm really motor boating some animu chicks tits. I'd be second in line to marry a love plus fictional character if this happens. FUND IT.

I hope for some of the Virtual boy games to get a re-release somehow. There are a couple of absolute gems on that system (Wario Land particularly) and it would be nice for people to get these without... you know.... dying.

God damn. I want to shoot you. In the dick.

Sunshine was fuuuucking awesome and dayum the word gimmick is over used when it comes to gaming aspects lately.

OPINIONS. MINE IS BETTER.

EDIT: Just to contribute, I would like Love Plus, in english, on the 3DS. So it feels like I'm really motor boating some animu chicks tits. I'd be second in line to marry a love plus fictional character if this happens. FUND IT.

It wasn't a bad game, in some aspects, it was superior to Mario 64 and Galaxy. It just wasn't as revolutionary as any of the other Mario games before it had been.

I hope for some of the Virtual boy games to get a re-release somehow. There are a couple of absolute gems on that system (Wario Land particularly) and it would be nice for people to get these without... you know.... dying.

This basically. That Wario Land game is great from what I've played of it but I hate using the Virtual Boy for the obvious reasons so didn't dig very deep into it. It wouldn't necessarily have to be a cart release either for these games. They could offer them as downloads on the 3DSWare service as upgraded titles. I'd be up for that. Heck, maybe Nintendo will use some of those games to show off the 3DS at E3, as upgraded tech demos to show how the 3D effects work.

Jamba, you're on to something there! Playing the games in blood-vision might be a bit daunting to some/most people though, you think it would take much effort on Nintendo's part to add in a bit of colour? Actually, it's probably not going to happen.

A Virtual Console on the 3DS is a must though, especially if they're looking to give it a long lifespan. Reggie said that they held off on one with the DSi as the bigger retro games could overshadow newer DSiWare offerings. It would make sense not to get people buying loads of retro games before throwing a new handheld at them, with seemingly no possible way to transfer purchases across.

Shine on, you crazy diamond.

Jamba, you're on to something there! Playing the games in blood-vision might be a bit daunting to some/most people though, you think it would take much effort on Nintendo's part to add in a bit of colour? Actually, it's probably not going to happen.

Ah the red and black really wasn't that bad and it would give games a KILLER retro look now as well. But really... if you can find a way to play Wario Land VB, do it. Like it more than NSMB DS and I'm not exaggerating.

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/109/1094930p1.html

wouldn't that be a hoot

It's dumb things like that, that make me hate IGN. In no way is such a device feasible. You'd get 3rd degree burns on your hands assuming the case just didn't melt, the price would be astronomical, the power draw would be huge, and probably have a power brick, and battery life would be non existent.

It's dumb things like that, that make me hate IGN. In no way is such a device feasible. You'd get 3rd degree burns on your hands assuming the case just didn't melt, the price would be astronomical, the power draw would be huge, and probably have a power brick, and battery life would be non existent.

I don't particularly think its unrealistic actually. It said it exceeds the Wii and is close to an HD experience. There are plenty of portable HD devices these days, and technology moves at a rapid rate. The 360 and PS3 are like 4 years old. In that time I think its more than possible a new handheld could reach close to their power in terms of graphics. Why not?

Heat and Power draw are why not, and price. Tegra 2 is pretty much the best mobile GPU you'll come across, high performance in a small efficient package. They've demoed it using UE3, which shows a small room and graphics about as advanced as the original halo, but in HD, so the textures are a bit cleaner.

That isn't exactly close to the 360/PS3, and I doubt Nintendo has come up with some miraculous solution to show otherwise. They aren't creators of Microprocessors after all, and ARM's (their chips where in the GBA/DS) Cortex A9 (newest fast ARM CPU) is actually part of Tegra 2, so no surprises will come from them.

Don't even think about using an actually GPU like what a laptop would have, those can still reach 90C with a fan and airflow when trying to run an intensive games....the low end cards that is.