NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

So unless they're trying to throw people off with patents, I guess this would mean 3DS is the final name after all.

So it looks like our first experience in the world of 3D games will likely be... a Pokémon card game.

Excellent.

DSCinema and DSMovie sound promising however.

Japan will probably get short 3D animations/Movies to watch on the console etc...

While Europe will get NOTHING! HAHA! :laughing:

So it looks like our first experience in the world of 3D games will likely be... a Pokémon card game.

Excellent.

Pokemon:TCG was probably the best game on the GBC in my opinion.

A different question:

Do you think that with the 3DS (when using the normal 2D mode but actually i could also work with 3D with newer TVs) it will be possible to connect the displays to a TV instead of using the internal ones (of course, it might only make sense for some games to do so because of the touch screen but not all have that much graphic there but just menus or something like this).

Actually, this is something I wanted from handhelds for a while now.

That way I can play like always when I am not at home but if I am at home I can use the big screen (TV) like it is already possible with the PSP.

Pokemon:TCG was probably the best game on the GBC in my opinion.

Must admit I found Pokémon TGC a tad boring. I was completely addicted to Harvest Moon on the GBC. :hehe:

A different question:

Do you think that with the 3DS (when using the normal 2D mode but actually i could also work with 3D with newer TVs) it will be possible to connect the displays to a TV instead of using the internal ones (of course, it might only make sense for some games to do so because of the touch screen but not all have that much graphic there but just menus or something like this).

Actually, this is something I wanted from handhelds for a while now.

That way I can play like always when I am not at home but if I am at home I can use the big screen (TV) like it is already possible with the PSP.

I would say, not going to happen. Nintendo doesn't seem to be interested in that sort of thing anymore. We had the Gameboy Player and its predecessors back in the day, but with the DS, and likely the 3DS everything revolves around input which becomes difficult when you're using a different display.

There was actually something for the DS that could do this, but it was only available for press and developers. If it was in any way something that would work for the DS, I think they probably would have released it.

I liked the Pokemon TCG on the GBC (and in theory the Yu-Gi-Oh games but not played them). All the fun of the actual trading cards with less of the cost! :p

@Emasher:

Well you could use the touchscreen on the 3DS and just output the other screen on the TV - well, of course that would only work for some titles but...)

Regarding DS: This would be quite easy, you could just "cut" your TV in two parts (splitscreen) and allow the second one to use the Wii Pointer for touchpad replacement. Actually, this should work quite well.

But what I meant was to use the handheld for playing and just output the one screen that doesn't require touchpad over a cable from the handheld.

Edited by ghost_zero

I'm not saying there's no way of doing it, just that if Nintendo had any plans to do something like that, we probably would have already seen it with the ds, seeing as they actually created a non comercially avaliable device that can already do this.

Excellent.

DSCinema and DSMovie sound promising however.

Incorrect. The trademarks that follow the Pokemon Card Game one are related to the official card website

Incorrect. The trademarks that follow the Pokemon Card Game one are related to the official card website

So there wont be a Pokemon Nintendo 3DS game ever?

So there wont be a Pokemon Nintendo 3DS game ever?

I think its safe to assume that there will be.

I wonder if the first one will be Relentless Ruby and Sterling Sapphire.

Yeah there will be wont they and who wants Pokemon Dash 3D?

I think you might be the only person who wants Pokemon Dash 3D.

Ridoinkulous Red and Stunning Saphire

Edited by Ashley

Just you canand, just you...

who wants Starfox 3D? ;)

ME! and Paper Mario 3D! JUST LOOK AT HOW MUCH IT LENDS ITSELF FOR IT!

Depth all around you!

Depth all around you!

... depth that is perfectly articulated through glorious 2D.

I reckon -

Pokemon: Shit Brown and Bile Green

Fused King, you like Paper Mario too much. TTYD is probably my third of fourth favourite game, but if it got a sequel it would have content too similar to its predecessors. Let them fade away. You must let them go! LET THEM GO FUSED!!

*sobs*

ME! and Paper Mario 3D! JUST LOOK AT HOW MUCH IT LENDS ITSELF FOR IT!

Depth all around you!

HOLY SHIT!

Yes, perhaps this is why we have not seen a new Paper Mario game...a Paper Mario 3 on the 3DS...man that would be pure awesome xD

If they say it's coming out for this system...day 1 easily

I reckon -

Pokemon: Shit Brown and Bile Green

Fused King, you like Paper Mario too much. TTYD is probably my third of fourth favourite game, but if it got a sequel it would have content too similar to its predecessors. Let them fade away. You must let them go! LET THEM GO FUSED!!

*sobs*

We must believe dwarf, WE MUST BELIEVE!:laughing:

Mario RPGs are the best Mario games in my opinion, because of their humour and story. the Paper Mario series reigns supreme in that regard, only a few inches above the Mario&Luigi series:love: :love: :love: :love:

We must believe dwarf, WE MUST BELIEVE!:laughing:

Mario RPGs are the best Mario games in my opinion, because of their humour and story. the Paper Mario series reigns supreme in that regard, only a few inches above the Mario&Luigi series:love: :love: :love: :love:

Mario RPG's are better then MOST RPG's, it's easily on par with games like Dragon Quest and Mother. Most RPG's are too hell bent on creating a story now that usually 9 out of 10 times sucks balls altogether. But the Mario RPG's have a story, but they have so much other little things blended into the game that makes me remember why I love the RPG genre.

lol @ Paper Mario 3D. You turn the camera a notch and everything disappears.

I'm guessing that was his joke. :p

No I think he meant better depth of field, so certain layers pop out more. You can have 3D where camera angles don't change.