NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
MrRon

Pikmin 3

Time for a thread for the flowery little buggers.

pikmin_3.jpg

Edited by MrRon

Yes please!

I've been playing Overlord lately and its no substitute for Pikmin...

Can't wait for some info.

So now we know one of the other reasons Mario and Metroid were pushed forward.

So first half of 2010... Mario, Metroid, S&P2

Late 2010/11... Pikmin, Zelda, Retro's Project?!

Awesome!!

I wonder where can they go next with this franchise. What new pikmin types and abilities will be included? What Wii specific features will be included? M+ for plucking and herding? Online? Will there be 2 or more playable characters? More than 100 pikmin to control?

Well they could take quite a few pages out of LKS' book and integrate a bit more of a story throughout. It's obvioulsy a bit more difficult as the Pikmin don't speak, but they could have Olimar speak and the pikmin incredibly expressive during the cutscenes...

gromit08.jpg

Also like LKS, any main story cutscenes could also be in a more animated artstyle... they could be plastercine animations (like the artwork for the game).

It might also be nice to build a home for yourself on the planet this time.

You could build a small settlement from all the everyday items you find around the planet...

Boxes, cans, bottles etc... for structures

Strung Christmas lights for streetlamps, powered by a car battery etc...

Edited by Retro_Link

I always thought it would be interesting if they expanded on the whole money grabbing corporation vibe that was going on in Pikmin 2, tie it together with the whole Louie "pikmin look delicious" thing, and we have a money grabbing corporation hell bent on massacring Pikmin, packaging them into small boxes and marketing them as new varieties of Pikpik carrots.

Kinda reminds me of Mcdonalds...

It essentially writes itself, of course it might push the age rating up... lol...

I loved the first Pikmin but never got 'round to buying the second. I shall make it my mission to buy and complete Pikmin 2 before the third one arrives.

Do I go for Gamecube game or New Play Control?

I've never played a Pikmin game in my life, nor have I played Little King's Story (I know, back to wearing the cone of shame) so I might have to give this a try some time.

...Or, you know, finally get around to ordering Little King's Story.

I've never played a Pikmin game in my life, nor have I played Little King's Story (I know, back to wearing the cone of shame) so I might have to give this a try some time.

...Or, you know, finally get around to ordering Little King's Story.

Just do it now son, it's better than sex.

I loved the first Pikmin but never got 'round to buying the second. I shall make it my mission to buy and complete Pikmin 2 before the third one arrives.

Do I go for Gamecube game or New Play Control?

I have Pikmin 2 on the Gamecube for sale :hehe: I'd sell it to you for a low price if you're interested :smile:

Just do it now son, it's better than sex.

Well, it's better than sex with man, but that's about it...!

Well, it's better than sex with man, but that's about it...!

Didn't enjoy it much then?

Didn't enjoy it much then?

Hey, if you borrow a lot of money, you've got to pay it back somehow.

EDIT - Sorry, not sure if you were talking about Little King's Story or my joke. The game has a lot of good points, but features hugely inconsistent gameplay, poor graphics and is often very frustrating. It's worth a look, but it's no Pikmin.

Edited by Grazza
Correcting my silliness!

Sign in to follow this