NEurope
Zechs Merquise

The Conduit 2

I was just browsing Metacritic and it seems Nintendo Power have already reviewed Conduit 2, although I can only find a snippit of their review.

They gave it 75%:

Conduit 2 certainly has some issues, but it's heartening to see that High Voltage Software took people's criticisms of the first title into account when developing this follow-up. [Apr 2011, p.76]

Stealth + Sniper customisation = a happy Fused King :)

Argh man! That's what was going to be contained in my can o' butt-whoop.

... Guess I'll have to go with Dark Star + Amour = Beverage FTW!! :D

This trailer actually looks good! SHOCK HORROR!

I'm actually impressed...

When they showed some/most of this from day 1, I were impressed since then. :love:

Although now the graphics looks more nicer and they've gone more in depth with weapon use and such, and am SUPER impressed! :laughing:

Edited by Beverage
Automerged Doublepost

£19.99 from gameseek still :D

Fuck yeah, it supports Paypal and also has the Headbanger Headset for 18 pounds.

I am in like Linn: peace:

I'm sure i have this preordered, but can't find it on any of my regular sites... can't find any emails confirming preorders either. What to do....

2 Days, guys!!!

Or, *today* in North America. I'm slightly worried we haven't seen any reviews though...

"If you’re an FPS-loving Wii owner that doesn’t care about single-player, or someone who adored the original Conduit, you may be able to squeeze some entertainment out of this game. Everyone else should pass."

6/10 GameInformer

"If you’re an FPS-loving Wii owner that doesn’t care about single-player, or someone who adored the original Conduit, you may be able to squeeze some entertainment out of this game. Everyone else should pass."

6/10 GameInformer

What I've seen of the game more than confirms more effort being put into this game.

So I'm game!

And that's it for my FPS Fix on Wii!:heart:

Similar to Mr.King ↑ ↑, I genuinely gives a FUCK about what another mere spec of dust wants to think about a piece of software - or what personal marking grade he gives it, with his wonderful pen and lovely lined A4 sheet of paper.

... If 'I' likes the looks o' my candy, then 'I' sho az hizell will gobble that $ΉίΥ up, ya' me'? Good.

7.5 from IGN. Reads much more positive than GI's:

"Conduit 2 is a worthy addition to the Wii library, and it’s worth playing for its visuals alone. The fact that gameplay and control operate as well as they do speaks volumes for the talent at High Voltage Software. The problem with Conduit 2 is that it never breaks away from doing what other first-person shooting games have done. It’s not telling the most original story, the action doesn’t feature much diversity, and you’re not going to care about the characters. But if you want action, and you want a strong multiplayer title to fire up and explore, you’ve got a winner here."

Graphics: 9.0

Reads like a review written by someone who desperately wants another good FPS on the Wii to me. :hmm:

Conduit 2 is a worthy addition to the Wii library,

Can't wait to find out why!

and it’s worth playing for its visuals alone.

I'm not sure any game is worth playing for its visuals alone, but maybe games like Okami or Mirror's Edge would qualify. You know, games with original art styles. Certainly not this game, when there are so many better-looking games out on both the PS3 and Xbox 360.

The fact that gameplay and control operate as well as they do speaks volumes for the talent at High Voltage Software.

Not sure how gameplay would operate well (no bugs? Good flow? Innovative?), but other than that it's a fair statement, I guess.

The problem with Conduit 2 is that it never breaks away from doing what other first-person shooting games have done.

So it's generic.

It’s not telling the most original story

So is the story, apparently.

the action doesn’t feature much diversity

Aaand it's repetitive (so much for the gameplay operating well, I guess).

and you’re not going to care about the characters.

Why are they recommending this game again?

But if you want action

This really should be followed with "and only own a Wii for some reason".

and you want a strong multiplayer title to fire up and explore, you’ve got a winner here.

So to sum up: the game is worth playing for its graphics alone (blatant lie), the story sucks, the characters are uninteresting, the gameplay is repetitive and the game doesn't offer anything you haven't already seen before in every other FPS on the market. But hey, at least the multiplayer is good. 7.5/10!

Though to be fair, I'm guessing most of the people who were looking forward to the game did so because of the multiplayer. :indeed:

We appreciate your opinion, GameInformer, which really is important to us, we promise, but unfortunately I loved the first and am getting the second anyway. Now if you'll please step out the way before I have you thrown out...

£19.99 from gameseek.co.uk

mine was posted today :)

Did you also order the Headbanger Headset for 18 pounds?

It's a pretty good online game shop, yet no Paper Mario and The Thousand Year Door......:(:nono:

Got my copy this morning. The single player is very good. Looks very nice and plays well. Online multiplayer is nothing special IMO. Finding games works much quicker than the original but it doesn't look like you can set up a party for team games. You can have your own loadouts this time though, so you don't have to play with the same guns as everybody else and there's plenty of diffrent game modes to choose. Unfortunately I think I already came across a hacker today as this one player seemed to have infinity health. Slightly worrying if the game has already been hacked, but the game is patchable as I was required to download an update before playing. Probably won't spend much time with it online then, as Black Ops has nothing to fear, unless there's a regular N-E weekly meet of course!

Edited by welsh_gamer

When this drops to £14.99, I'll consider buying it.

No team party option is.... hmm.. what would Zechs say.... A JOKE!!!

I'll stick with BlackOps for the time being, 15th prestige is just a week away.

Haven't played via WiFi as of yet - been wizzin' through the campaign. Not the best single player experience in the history of gaming, yet it isn't too shabby. Quite thrillingish actually, but mostly been frightened until I shake - thus having a wobbley aim :laughing:

Looking forward to WiFi'ing, without and with N-E :D : peace:

Good to hear, Beverage! How are the visuals compared to the first?

Also, are the AI any smarter?