NEurope
Zechs Merquise

The Conduit 2

I watched it but wasn't overly impressed. I thought it looked a bit rough... especially the multiplayer.

I was giving those screen shots released before the benefit of being early in production but if that's the trailer they are choosing to show the game off with, they look pretty representative of the final product.

I think it looks great, although the graphics could be better - but not on the Wii. It looks pretty enough, though. Hopefully there won't be any framerate issues.

although the graphics could be better - but not on the Wii.
Metroid Prime 1, 2, 3, Goldeneye, Red Steel 2, Dead: Space Extraction and possibly even CoD:MW Reflex... all say high btw!

Metroid Prime 1, 2, 3, Goldeneye, Red Steel 2, Dead: Space Extraction and possibly even CoD:MW Reflex... all say high btw!

I think it's a bit unfair to lump Dead Space in with those because it's on rails and the developers have more control regarding what's happening at any one time on screen so they can get more out of it - like with the Resident Evil Chronicles games which also look great.

But the others, you are spot on. GoldenEye is looking like a much more impressive game and even though it's set in the real world, well, more real than the Conduit 2, it still somehow looks less generic.

That said, it's not about the graphics, it's about the gameplay. The first had decent gameplay but shoddy level design which failed to make the most of it. That comes with experience and so hopefully this time, they can pull it off.

Meh, like the first, looks a bit generic to me. And objects just looks bland and uninspired. These days I can't help but think the graphics are representation of effort when it comes to the Wii.

Gonna have to wait and see more of this. And play the first a bit more.

Apparently this is coming out in Feb 2011...a month which is already 'crammed' with high quality games....including a certain Killzone 3!

Really shouldn't have been delayed for it's own sake.

Apparently this is coming out in Feb 2011...a month which is already 'crammed' with high quality games....including a certain Killzone 3!

Really shouldn't have been delayed for it's own sake.

Well, if they hadn't, it would have had to face GoldenEye and Call of Duty and personally, I think it stands a better chance against Killzone 3.

Of course, when I say better, I just mean not quite as horrendous.

...Really shouldn't have been delayed for it's own sake.

I dunno, I think the delay is a good thing considering CoD: Black Ops and Goldeneye are being released when this was to be initially released... and I'd pick CoD and Goldeneye above Conduit 2, given what I've seen (for CoD I'm going off MW Reflex of course).

EDIT - a bit late there wasn't I? Haha

The thing that worries me most, is if that is the best footage they can cobble together for a trailer, which one would expect to be the best and most impressive bits, it doesn't bode well for this.

As others have said, it also looks worse than other shooters on the Wii. But as it's releasing in Feb, I'll get it!

From those new videos, it definately looks far improved over the first in terms of gameplay.

However, I think it's just the general concept that I really struggle to get excited about. It just looks like such a generic shooter, lacking any real originality or style. The alien/human character models are just so lackluster.

The 'street' level looks kinda cool, but watching the videos I feel like I know what to expect, as though it's an old game.

Also I hope that was on the easiest setting because the enemy just seem like easy targets, with you taking next to know damage.

And although they are obviously pleased with their 'ooh look, you focus on the gun and not your surroundings when you reload' animation, it's a nice effect but a bit annoying. It's also not that realistic, because if you were a government agent, I'd imagine you could reload a gun without looking!

Also I hope that was on the easiest setting because the enemy just seem like easy targets, with you taking next to know damage.

I'm fairly sure the guy was invincible as he never took damage once - not even when a grenade went off right next to him or when he walked through the radiation grenade that had been thrown.

And although they are obviously pleased with their 'ooh look, you focus on the gun and not your surroundings when you reload' animation, it's a nice effect but a bit annoying. It's also not that realistic, because if you were a government agent, I'd imagine you could reload a gun without looking!

Well the first game did that as does GoldenEye 007 so and government agents don't get much better than Mr Bond.

But yeah, technically competent but certainly missing something to make it stand out. I played through the first again recently and it wasn't bad game, but nothing I've seen the from videos seems to be addressing my problems about the boring looks and bland level design. Hopefully the more open levels the trailer seemed to suggest will help alleviate that issue.

I found the first game disappointing... the controls were great from what I remember but the story, weapons and enemies weren't all that great. Having said that, I still had enough interest in it to finish the game which is more than I can say for Goldeneye. Not sure what it is about Goldeneye... I loved the original but the controls are really awkward in the remake. I've tried all controllers and the wii remote is probably the best but it still feels wrong.

Anyway, I'll probably get this game. I didn't even touch the multiplayer in the first one though. I've not got as much time for games as I used to have but it doesn't help that the online experience with Nintendo isn't great. I much prefer xbox live, there's no effort or hastle whatsoever. I can just jump right into a game of halo whenever I please but I have some kind of mental block against going online with the wii.

Struggling to stay on topic... I liked the trailer though it didn't really show too much. I'll probably pick this up a month or two after release when it's gone down in price a bit.

You know what, FUCK Goldeneye and FUCK Call of Duty.

This series will do for my wii's FPS fix.

It looks awesome!

It looks awesome!

Well said :laughing: Well said :D

CoD: BO and GE looks & sounds super impressive, especially the former. But 'Da Kondweet' is my exclusive, intrusive and illusive love!

It looks awesome!

Fuck the Conduit.

Fuck the Conduit.

Kondweet 1 or 2? :D

I agree if you're talking about '1'. Not sure if I agree yet if you're talking The Conduit 2... or is it just Conduit 2? :wtf:

Both really, the series.

I don't see how you can dismiss the massive efforts put into Goldeneye or COD, for a game series that just looks so bland and generic in every way!

Yeah I see what you mean. But speaking on my behalf, GE just really isn't capturing me (not as much as Conduit 1 or 2 anyway). And Black Ops is stunning on the 360 (prolly the ps3, too) and the Wii version seems to struggle quite a bit to keep up.

Though the uniques controls is a plus!

Conduit 2 simply is an exclusive, sexy sequel that I think deserves the little attention that I have to offer. I don't have much time to even give attention to too much gaming :weep: