NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ysm

Liberty City Stories vs the console GTA's

Basically I would like to know how they compare....Like range of different cars, size of the playable area etc, number of weapons etc...Cheers guys...

GTA Liberty City Stories and a PSP will set you back about £250.

An Xbox, Grand Theft Auto 3, Halo 2 and a year of Xbox Live will set you back about £200.

Fuck Sony, get the Live in your life.

Already got the fucking live in my life, dont care for the fucking Halo (AKA totally fucking overrated).

And also, a PSP and GTA:LCS will set me back £185. I'm askng people that have played LCS how it compares to the console versions.

Thank you, can we get back on topic?

Jeez guys calm down, in the end this all comes to opinion, so no point arguing with peoples opinions because they wont sway.

Ysm, The3rds comment 'Get the live in your life' wasnt aimed at you, more at his dislike of sony.

Ok, back ontopic. My brother has gotten the game and i've spent hours playing it, if you have never played GTA 3 before, you'l love it. If you have, the only thing worth while is the story line, but you realy dont wanna pay that much for a story line.

Im unimpressed unfortunately, its nice to have around the go, the multiplayer is drop dead hillarious but its just boring. The more than often framerate issue is very annoying the area has had hardly any changes, but you can see a few developments that have happend.

Its not worth your money if you have already played GTA3 to death, but if you havent I think you'l find this enjoyable.

I didn't mean to upset anyone, I was simply giving you a most costly alternative to a flawed handheld game everyone seems to be praising. Apparently the controls are horrible, and £40 for a handheld game is just ridiculous.

My comment on Live in your life was more a silly play on words spoken the same. As in get Xbox Live in your Life. It really enriches gaming.

Now to get personal.

Think Halo 2 is overrated? Good. That means I won't ever end up playing with you. I'll be off rejoicing now. I could also argue the GTA series is overrated... but the Neverending Story is on Channel 5 and I'd rather watch that.

I havent played Halo 2 on Live but I have played it, I just find it very dull, although I don't like FPS multiplayer games. I'm getting a 360 soon so I will be getting a live subscription (the Xbox I play at the minute is my housemates) and would much rather play the likes of Perfect Dark Zero, Call Of Duty 2 and Quake 4 multiplayer then. And I believe Halo 2 to be overrated seen as there are numerous FPS games which are better, IN MY OPINION, such as Doom 3, Quake 4 and Half Life 2. I agree though that Live is an impressive concept that is a beautiful thing. I was not knocking it.

As for GTA, I also agree that it is overrated, there are numerous other series that are better, but I do enjoy it. I don't own a GTA but I have played San Andreas till I have become bored with it, I didn't like Vice City and I never got much chance to play GTA 3. I am getting a PSP in the next few days and GTA:LCS is one of the games I have an option of getting it with, so I wanted to research it a bit by asking you guys what you thought.

Hmmm... to be honest. I think Vice City was by far better than San Andreas. It had a better story, map and it was much more imaginative. Plus it had 80's style!

I have LCS and the last 3 console GTAs, and I love them all. LCS will amaze you in terms of what the hardware is throwing out; frequently I am stunned by how detailed everything is in it (except when frame rate issues take over and it looks like your character has six legs). It plays very much like any of the other games down to the smallest detail - the only things that I have missed are the first person view (which may be possible - I certainly havent found out how yet) and the lack of planes. Other than that, if you liked the other GTA games you cant really fail to enjoy this.

For the record, I personally think that the controls work better than the Xbox version, which I think is truly horrible.

________

New jersey medical marijuana

Edited by Johelian

Yeah, your not the only one, but I have yet to play on a PS2 for more than twenty minutes and not get cramp in my hands. The pads are just so damn uncomfortable to hold. Having said that, the smaller S Xbox controllers are quite bad too. I wish I could use the N64 controller on every console.

Dont get me started - I cant stand the N64 controller ;)

In terms of cars and weapons, I think most of those featured in GTAIII and VC are present. Score! The parachutes would have been nice though - a bit of base jumping never goes amiss.

________

Herbal Health Shop

Edited by Johelian

Hmmm... to be honest. I think Vice City was by far better than San Andreas. It had a better map and it was much more imaginative.

youve got to be kiddin me

Hmmm... to be honest. I think Vice City was by far better than San Andreas. It had a better story, map and it was much more imaginative. Plus it had 80's style!

I got bored of Vice City early on but there's so much to do in San Andreas; driving around the countryside, shooting pool - it DESTROYS Vice City in my opinion.

And I believe Halo 2 to be overrated seen as there are numerous FPS games which are better, IN MY OPINION, such as Doom 3, Quake 4 and Half Life 2.

ROFL

Quake 4 is just quake 3 with better gfx lol.

And doom 3 was crap. Only good one was half-life 2.

ROFL

And doom 3 was crap. Only good one was half-life 2.

Quake 4 is nothing like Quake 3 Arena, they have nothing to do with each other at all bar the name. Although, Doom 3 did suck i've gotta agree there.

ROFL

You are even more stupid. :shakehead

Afew facts:

Xbox Live is full of retards. Not surprising since they paid for something that should free.

If you think console fps are amazing then you have issues. At best they are good.

Halo isnt crap. Best console fps right now. My opinion of the best console multiplayer fps is still open however.

Quake 4 , COD2 etc. are ok. They dont do much new but are fun to play games. FEAR is very good in many ways but let down by some basic errors. Kinda overrated. BF2 is the game ot get right now on any system.

GTA series has gotten better and better. SA > VC.

Sony need to improve their dead pixel issues on PSP. They are being cheap and charging a fortune.

Xbox Live is full of retards. Not surprising since they paid for something that should free.

He's right you know.

In fact, games should be free to, and consoles!

We're all being ripped off!

Free us from the chains of oppression Choze, our saviour!

hail that my brother

GTA got ruined wen it went 'gangsta'

hail that my brother

I asssumed the name Grand Theft Auto was about the mushroom kingdom.

hail that my brother

I concur. The whole ghetto mtv image really gave me a bad impression, I played through the game and it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. Vice City in my opinion was awesome, and a lot more fun to play.

I don't think GTA would work on a handheld, in my opinion its not a game I could play on the move, its more one of those games where you sit down, glare at the tv and get frustrated when you get killed on the very last part of a mission.

You are even more stupid. :shakehead

Afew facts:

If you think console fps are amazing then you have issues. At best they are good.

Halo isnt crap. Best console fps right now. My opinion of the best console multiplayer fps is still open however.

Quake 4 , COD2 etc. are ok. They dont do much new but are fun to play games. FEAR is very good in many ways but let down by some basic errors. Kinda overrated. BF2 is the game ot get right now on any system.

GTA series has gotten better and better. SA > VC.

Sony need to improve their dead pixel issues on PSP. They are being cheap and charging a fortune.

When did I ever say I thought console FPS ae amazing?

But some FPS are just better to play on a console, such as Halo 2 imho.

And I just didn't enjoy quake 4.. just runnign roudn shooting, single player is a bit crap. But if you like the Quake type of multiplayer, go for it, but I was just saying that haven't really changed much, gameplay wise.

hail that my brother

haha, yeah i really loved it when gta was driving through the meadow on a springs summer day

Wow nearly a whole page of replys and nearly most of them are on Xbox and FPSs instead of GTA Liberty City Stories.

Anyway the missions are the same as usual in this game and it starts to bore around the second island (trust me i haven't played the game in two weeks because of that, and Mario Kart DS). Although the multiplayer option adds a whole new level to the game and is extremely fun if you are playing with more than two people. You will also be very impressed with what the PSP can do in terms of graphics on this game. :laughing:

Oh yeah most console FPSs DO suck except for Timesplitters 2 on multiplayer mode. :bowdown:

Sign in to follow this