NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RATM_4_EVA

Any ideas on the cost of the controller?

I think it will be about £30 (£29.99) for the set (the remote and analogue add-on).

For the Rev I say £200 launch price?

I think the same as as Sooj, the controller with the analogue add-on will be around £30, and i expect the standard controller add-on to be around £15.

I think the controller itself (or the remote control :wink: ) will probably be around £20 and the add ons like the control stick etc should be around £15.

Thats just my opinion though. It'll probably turn out nothing like my suggestions!

Well looking around the web, I found prices for the Xbox 360 hardware, to try and get a comparison

Wireless Controller

I can suspect the Revolution controller to be about £30 with the Freehand and the Nunchuck, and possibley come with a charger.

Play & Charge Kit

I can imagine the price of an expansion to be between £15 - £20.

Hopefully there will be packs available, reducing the cost of the products. So instead of buying the freehand and regular controller expansion seperately, you'll be able to get them in a pack for about the same price as a wireless Xbox controller. To be honest, I think Microsoft have over-priced their accessories and peripherals. Especially items like the wi-fi adapter which is £60. Due to Microsoft's losses last generation, they've obviously realised by now that hardware peripherals are an easy source of income, therefor increasing the price. Nintendo has know this since the NES days.

I doubt it will be too expensive, £25 maybe (including analogue deely) and then maybe £10-£15 for other addons

And probaly another £10 for the normall controller add, which makes it more like a wave-bird.

I think it will be about £30 (£29.99) for the set (the remote and analogue add-on).

For the Rev I say £200 launch price?

Agreed. Cheap! I want it cheap! And Nintendo never fail to offer value for money.

I could see Nintendo selling the Revolution for $200, then about £150 for us - they're all about value for money these days.

They will have to sell this at the lowest price possible especially when their console is noticably weaker then the others.

I think the console itself with a controller and the analogue addon will cost €249

how much did the gamecube go for cos i think the revo would be about 30-50 pounds more cos of the extra stuff. Also didnt they mention a seperate device to play dvds, or is that in the revo now. but i think the controllers would go for £40 like the original wavebird(i bought it at that price and then it went down)i think there could be different bundles of contollers like the analogue stick one and the controller, also others in the future, and you pay £3-7 for an addon cos the micro faceplates are about that much aren't they?

€25 if they're going to use AAA batteries.

€40 if they're going to use battery packs (please Nintendo?)

i doubt it will cost much. Didn´t nintendo said that they aim to make it cheap?

€25 if they're going to use AAA batteries.

€40 if they're going to use battery packs (please Nintendo?)

Alkaline batteries? they said that it would be rechargable.

Alkaline batteries? they said that it would be rechargable.

Nah, they were still thinking about that. Anyway, I prefer battery packs because they tend to last much longer (they can extend the reach and intensify the rumbles) and are rechargable (no going to the shop because the controller's dead.) Besides, batteries cost loads in the long run.

well if a basic 360 is selling 6months before for £200, when the revolution comes out i'd probably expect the revolution to be bundeled with 2 controllers and a game (also demo disk, and retro game voucher) they've got to be cheaper than competition to get this into alot of people homes. with controllers im guessing will be £25 for nutchucks, £15 for add ons, or £10 when bought with certain games. (like bongos)

£25 give or take. i mean they could afford to sell it for slightly higher i guess, when online multiplayer gaming will be the main focus, unlike the cube

The GC controllers were £25, so I'm guessing it wont be more than that. Maybe £5 extra for the analogue stick (which should be bundled with it).

What about the other add-on things? £5 for each add-on?

They will have to sell this at the lowest price possible especially when their console is noticably weaker then the others.

Don't be so sure about that....I think you might be surprised in the end. I'm sure you're making this statement because of all the sreen shots you've seen right? Maybe you know the specs?

Sign in to follow this