NEurope
ultrajamie

so.... where is new play control wind waker?

Seriously, nintendo... where on earth is this? given the ridiculous prices of gc wind waker, you'd think it would be a no brainer...?

the only reason i can think of for them not doing it is if the new wii zelda uses the same engine and they don't want it to canibalise sales of that?

I was thinking about this today....I'd love to see Nintendo shock everyone with a wind-waker esque Wii title. But the artwork shown already hints at a Twilight Princess-esque direction. (Although we all remember the GC turnaround).

Mind you, Windwaker NPC exists on the DS these days. PH and STracks are both sublime examples of 'new play control' in a wonderful Zelda universe. Spirit Tracks even get's closer to WW than you may be aware...

Otherwise...perhaps this could have gone in the General Wii Discussion thread rather than create a whole new thread about your thoughts. We like to keep things in order here. :)

Perhaps if they're planning on doing something like this, they're waiting until the controls for the new Zelda are finalized so they can implement the same controls and keep it standard.

Or perhaps they're planning on porting all the 3D zelda games to the Wii (maybe with texture upgrades for the N64 ones) in a Metroid Prime Trilogy style, and are waiting to release it closer to when Zelda Wii comes out to put the series in people's minds.

Just a few thoughts.

The Wii couldn't run Wind Waker unless it used the Classic Controller (or GameCube pad). An R-trigger is needed for the shield and a C-stick is needed for the camera and shield control.

Incidentally, this is why the GameCube version of Twilight Princess is not as good as it could have been.

didn't nintendo say they weren't going to do anymore more "new play control" games?

I sure hope not, I am still waiting for Baten Kaitos Origins to come out, would buy it within a second

didn't nintendo say they weren't going to do anymore more "new play control" games?

This man speaks the truth. Award him a custard cream.

This man speaks the truth. Award him a custard cream.

custard-cream-big1.jpg

Here ya go.

I'm happy Ninty ain't doing no more of these "New Play Control" games. Bit of a waste of time i thought.

In what way is it a waste of time? They have enough resources to make the changes without affecting their other titles and they don't take that long to do.

Though even if they were continuing with them, I don't think Wind Waker would be the right choice, having complete camera control was too important to the game.

the other new play control games have worked very well though... the camera didn't twilight princess....

the other new play control games have worked very well though... the camera didn't twilight princess....

It was (re-)designed not to need camera control, hence the overhead view in Castle Town etc.

It was (re-)designed not to need camera control, hence the overhead view in Castle Town etc.

castle town was made that way to reflect ocarina's fixed camera town. they said so during development.

Twilight princess was not significantly retooled for the wii.

regardless.... new play control games do have their controls optimised for the wii... so no reason to suggest wind waker wouldn't get the same treatment.

Anyway, my point was that the only reason i can see for them not having done this yet is that the Wii game will go back to cel shaded link.