NEurope
darksnowman

Nintendo Media Summit 2010

Time for a fresh thread to talk about everything, thats not hardware speculation, as it emerges from the worldwide summits.

Normally Nintendo play everything close to their chests but they've been publicising this weeks events as being big and important. Usually something like this is billed as being low-key but is blown of proportion by us fans as we habitually set ourselves up for a fall, time and time again. This time rounds its the opposite: Nintendo are sending out good vibes, which has taken us aback and we have adopted a cautious yet curious stance on proceedings.

What do you think will be shown? Seeing as nowadays Nintendo don't tend to give us a great deal of info on games until they are as good as shipped, its a fairly safe bet that we can expect news and info on the next batch of games that will see release over the coming months. NGamer is already touting Galaxy 2 to release in June.

Hero-of-Time and Fused King created threads, in the Wii and DS boards respectively, where we talked about the upcoming 2010 releases. These threads serve as a good reminder of what titles we are anticipating for the rest of the year.

The Australian summit has just taken place, not yielding any megaton-like information, but they've nonetheless got the ball rolling.

Australia Media:

Major market backing for MHTri3

DSi XL 15th of April

Metriod Other M to be shown at US media

Black Wii 11th of March

WII IGN COM =

As part of Nintendo Australia's major announcements today, IGN can confirm that two of Nintendo's most anticipated titles are on their way to Wiis much sooner than originally anticipated.

Both Super Mario Galaxy 2, follow-up to 2007's smash platformer, as well as Metroid: Other M (Team Ninja's take on the seminal sci-fi adventure/platformer) are both due for release between June and August this year.

Nintendo Australia's Greg Arthurton reiterated that both titles were most definitely not holiday season releases. This leaves an interesting vacancy for 'other' major releases over this period, we'd speculate.

This news comes ahead of tomorrow's Nintendo press event being held in the US. IGN US will be in attendance to confirm these details.

Will something that no-one has predicted be revealed at one of the subsequent summits? I hear they are rolling out Cammie for the US and we can never predict what she's gonna say. :heh:

With Nintendo continuing to showcase Monster Hunter, as they did in Australia, will they also give some limelight to other third party titles? A further media blowout of Red Steel 2? Any chance of a Dragon Quest 9 announcement? Maybe not out of the question as they partnering with Square-Enix on that one, in the same vain as they have with Capcom and Monster Hunter. What about the unknown Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love that is hopefully releasing soon in the US and European territories? Then theres the under the radar Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes on DS? Or are we just wanting as many details on first and second party goings on as possible...?

So, from Sin and Punishment 2 to Zengeki no Reginleiv to the big reveal on Donkey Kong's next adventure (believe!), let's sit back and enjoy the ride, no matter how underwhelming it ends up being. : peace:

Edited by darksnowman

Like I said in the other thread. If Mario and Metroid are both summer releases, this basically confirms Zelda for 2010.

Its hard to believe how awesome this year's going to be.

I gotta admit I was wrong, Zelda IS coming out this year. Either that or something equally important.

I'm anticipating a Zelda, especially if its in first person view, the new direction its supposedly been teased to go in has had me guessing for a good while.

2010 > 1998.

Also, I guess we'll get Zelda for Christmas, and then another bridge title revealed somewhere between this and E3. (Unveiled and released in a similar fashion to NSMBWii)

The fact that we're getting games such as Silent Hill, NMH2, Sky Crawlers, Monster Hunter Tri, Red Steel 2 and Fragile Dreams before June, all off which are going to be amazing experiences, the fact that we've already had the pleasure of TvC and The Crystal Bearers and the idea that they might release something in between the summer and Zelda's likley November/December release (S&P2?) just makes this a completely overwhelming year and one of the greatest in a long time.

When people refer to the Wii being at its peak in years time, this will be what they mean.

Oh, Pick me, pick me *anxiously raises both arms*! ! !!

I'm hoping for some Layton Loooooooooooooovvveeeeee:D

PROFESSOR LAYTON AND THE LAST TIME TRAVEL!!!!!

This is a god-like trailer and I want my British version of it:love:

Probably something like this:

May - Sin & Punishent 2

June - Mario Galaxy 2

August - Metroid: OM

November - Zelda

I guess there also exist a casual title using Vitality sensor (Wii Relax? ) to be relased in September/October.

Right now I'm superexcited on more info on Other M...

6 pm GMT, 7 pm CET right?

Edited by Ren of Heavens

My guess : June/July release for Galaxy 2 confirmed and a 40 second Zelda Wii teaser trailer with 'Winterl 2010' shown at the end.

If something 'new' is shown I suspect it will be a WTF/obscure budget title similar to Link's Crossbow Training or Wii Chess.

I seriously hope this event brings us some new info for WarioWare D.I.Y, like when we can expect a European release. :hmm:

Not liking the fact that there's a date for the US but not for Europe, especially after the WarioWare Twisted fiasco. :nono:

haha, damn you got on this way to early 'snowman (get some sleep!), I was all prepared to set it up after I got back from work!.... Good job!

I seriously hope this event brings us some new info for WarioWare D.I.Y, like when we can expect a European release. :hmm:

Not liking the fact that there's a date for the US but not for Europe, especially after the WarioWare Twisted fiasco. :nono:

Heres hoping. : peace:

No big surprise about the release date of SMG2 and M:OM. SMG2 was nearly finished before Christmas. I thought it would be out March or April. An extra bit of polish won't hurt and June was long rumoured the release date of M:OM.

Don't believe we'll hear about DS2. It'll piss off current DS owners. I could see from Nintendo Japan's point of view, piracy being rampant on the DS and falling Japanese sales. Nor do I think we'll see Zelda. They'll probably talk about it briefly but E3 will be it's debut.

I hope there's a few big surprises. Kid Icarus, F-Zero. What the hell are Retro working on? I think they could make a great FPS.

Yeah surely we'll see from Retro at E3 this year, we expected something last year and got nothing, they must be up to something... looking forward to seeing that one!

I'd actually be very surprised if Retro was working on F-Zero. Not only would it be very different from what they've done in the past, but I think they had been wanting to work on a new IP rather than an existing Nintendo one.

In all honesty, I doubt we'll get much more at the American/European summits, at most I'd expect E3 teasing, but we'll see.

Wario Ware D.I.Y. doesn't use mercury though, so you're probably safe this time. Unlike Excite Bots, Wario Ware tend to be a decent seller.

Ws there not a rumour Retro were working on an opeen word GTA type game? Thinking about it, hat could've been refeing to the aborted Rtro Zelda we heard about from Turncoat Cassamasina.

only an hour now!

hyPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

Is it at 5 p.m.? I looked extensively but couldn't find a single place where the time was mentioned, only Feb 24 was mentioned.

I haven't been playing much of Wii, last game I bought was Disaster Day of Crisis more than a year ago and there has been nothing that catches my attention ever since (and Disaster was a disapointment too). Well, there's New Super Mario Bros. Wii, but I still haven't come around to buying it, it's still too expensive.

Been all this time waiting for SMG2 and the next Zelda, I'm still not sold on Metroid Other M, I don't know what it's supposed to be, nothing's been said or shown of it since the debut trailer.

But whenever a Nintendo event is imminent, it's always very exciting. :)