NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
darkjak

Recommend me some J-rock and J-rap

I'm new to J-Rock and J-Rap, but I definitely like the style. I wonder if anyone can tip me about some good music in those genres.

I really like Dogfight, which was in Initial D!

The end theme to Death Note by Maximum the Hormone, it's called Zetsoubou Billy. Fantastic for running, I love it.

This thread is wahjah. I can imagine like, Japanese people with auditory cortices that are still intact, shaking their heads and saying "If there's one fucking thing we export, why the balls does it have to be this shit."

Jaysus.

This should really be in the Music Thread.

Nah, it's better off out here. It has more of a chance of being read.

Well by that logic I should start a new thread every time I think people should listen to something.

Consider it a spin off of the advice thread.

Nah, it's better off out here. It has more of a chance of being read.

In the music thread you have a better chance of people recomennding some good music.

Hell, you could take it to the anime and manga thread and you would probably get about as many answers as here, without people scoffing at you.

Asians aren't really good at music, they don't have much musical ability, unless we are talking about orchestral music or traditional east asian music using traditional instruments.

Japanese pop music has to be the worst type of music in the world.:awesome: Studio Ghibli's Totoro soundtrack is ace though!

There's only one person for me and that's Faye Wong:

An amazing woman with an amazing voice, but not Japanese.:p This is the only pop music I like.

Asians aren't really good at music, they don't have much musical ability.

Seriously....

...WTF?

Edit: Time to wheel out that HYLAAAAARIASSS video of General Westmoreland.

....oh dear...

Edited by Daft

Let me add to the argument against you Pyxis with one of the greatest Japanese exports, Boredoms

Might not be your (OP's) kind of thing, but definately check out Vision Creation Newsun, Super Roots 7 and Super Roots 9, although most of their substantial output is fantastic.

Let me add to the argument against you Pyxis with one of the greatest Japanese exports, Boredoms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfqUQwENyQE&feature=related

Is that who you are talking about? They sound like stroke victims on cocaine. "oogga gagga gagga blargh blargh blargh ARRGHH!"

Ok, I am sure there is some good Japanese pop out there, somewhere.:p

Edited by Pyxis

Ok, I am sure there is some good Japanese pop out there, somewhere.:p

This stuns, if only for the imperfect immaculateness:

Well by that logic I should start a new thread every time I think people should listen to something.

No, but making seperate threads for different genres would make perfect sense.

Also, it would be completely out of place in the Anime & Manga thread, because although you might hear something in Anime's, there's a whole s**tload of more music.

Edited by darkjak

That and Passion/Sanctuary by Utada is as far as my knowledge of Japanese pop music goes.

The Pillows

all u need

The only halfway decent band mentioned in this thread.

The majority of J-rock is laughable crap, if addictive laughable crap. I particularly enjoy the hilariously OTT Maximum the Hormone, quite the guilty pleasure.

And also, yeah should be in the music thread but owell.

Genuinely good Japanese band: Asobi Seksu

Yeah but as you said, Asobi Seksu are good. And so have no need to be mentioned among the shite here. :p

Hmmm, to be honest I don't know much Japanese pop (or at least the majority that I have heard I just can't get along with), however I very much like these guys:

Unsurprisingly they are big fans of Britpop. :grin:

Sign in to follow this