NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

What's good and sub-£10 for 360?

I know the 360's got a vast and awesome back catalogue, and I'm contemplating purchasing something new but cheap to hold my attention for a while. The question is...what do I buy! Maybe something fun that looks pretty too, now I have HD. Big ones I have already are;

Crackdown(just recently bought for <£10), GTAIV, Fable 2, UFC2009, Orange Box, ME1...and no doubt some others I just can't think of right now.

Currently contemplating Blue Dragon though I really don't know why, I know little of it really. So yeah, anyway, any recommendations of a cheap oldie but goodie I'd never have played?

Too Human

....only joking.

Here are some crackers under a tenner

GRAW 2

Halo 3

Saints Row 2

PGR4

Prince of Persia

Dead Space

And around a tenner to £15:

GoW 2

Batman Arkham Asylum

Bioshock

Fallout 3

Modern Warfare (if you're lucky)

And around a tenner to £15:

Modern Warfare (if you're lucky)

Really?

I know you said if you're lucky but I see that for 30-35 even pre-owned.

Well I'm a cheap-games King. Condemned, Condemned 2, Kane & Lynch, Far Cry 2, Bad Company, The Darkness, Army of 2, Lost Planet, Prey, FEAR and FEAR 2, Wanted, Rainbow Six: Vegas (and maybe the sequel), Mirror's Edge, Devil May Cry 4, Ninja Gaiden II, Gears 2, Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3, Skate, Stuntman, TMNT, Bionic Commando, Call of Juarez, Oblivion, Mass Effect -- as well as some of the above-listed stuff.

Some of those are on my 'wish list', and most are in the pre-owned section, but essentially you can see that the 360 is the poor man's perfect choice for a console as effectively 90% of it's games can be gathered for less than a tenner. While I've given you a fair range in quality above.

Don't forget there's a few XBLA to get for points equal to less than a tenner too!

EDIT: Ooooh you've made me want to go to town and grab some cheap games, even though I've got about 6 I've not even played yet already.

Really?

I know you said if you're lucky but I see that for 30-35 even pre-owned.

Yeah I meant online mainly. Amazon have it for about £15

Assassin's Creed.

Rainbow Six: Vegas (and maybe the sequel),

Yeah you can get the second for £10-£15. Maybe less than £10. Easier to get than the first as there's more of them.

Wow I never realised it was so cheap online...

So Game and GameStation really are taking the piss.

Wow I never realised it was so cheap online...

So Game and GameStation really are taking the piss.

And the award for the quickest forum member goes to...

And the award for the quickest forum member goes to...

I'm too tired to say something back.

Can we just hug?

:hug:

Condemned is were it's at - one of the most...odd games I've played in a long while, and one I'd recommend to anyone not in an unstable state of mind...

I disagree. It is incorrectly punctuated, but it's clearly a question.

Here are some great answers.

Prince of Persia £7.99 delivered, New

Mirror's Edge £6.99 delivered, New

Prey £5.99 delivered, New

But, forgetting all these, if you haven't got it already:

Mass Effect £7.99 delivered, New and outstanding

Wow, alot of feedback, thanks guys. I've mainly been checking playtrade and ebay really, for preowned stuff to get an even bigger edge on the cheapness. Has anybody played blue dragon? Is it any good? It's one I happened to see for like £5 on playtrade. I might invest in mirror's edge I guess, though I heard it was a bit on the short side, but I guess if I find that for a fiver it ain't too bad either.

I played Viva Pinata upon le DS, but it seems there's two for the 360? Trouble in Paradise is cheaper, so I'll probs pick that up. Maybe Condemned too methinks. So my current choices are Mirror's Edge, Viva Pinata and Condemned, I'm thinking the latter two for just over a tenner, not a bad price! I'm going to aim to spend a tenner every month on a 360 game methinks...

With all this talk of ME1 as well, I never really got too far into it before giving up, so I guess I'll go dig it back out and take it for a bit more of a spin...

EDIT: I checked the price of Prey and it was £3.50 off PlayTrade, I've bought it! Nothing else yet though...

Well I'm a cheap-games King. Condemned, Condemned 2, Kane & Lynch, Far Cry 2, Bad Company, The Darkness, Army of 2, Lost Planet, Prey, FEAR and FEAR 2, Wanted, Rainbow Six: Vegas (and maybe the sequel), Mirror's Edge, Devil May Cry 4, Ninja Gaiden II, Gears 2, Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3, Skate, Stuntman, TMNT, Bionic Commando, Call of Juarez, Oblivion, Mass Effect -- as well as some of the above-listed stuff.

Some of those are on my 'wish list', and most are in the pre-owned section, but essentially you can see that the 360 is the poor man's perfect choice for a console as effectively 90% of it's games can be gathered for less than a tenner. While I've given you a fair range in quality above.

Don't forget there's a few XBLA to get for points equal to less than a tenner too!

EDIT: Ooooh you've made me want to go to town and grab some cheap games, even though I've got about 6 I've not even played yet already.

That is...extensive! Looking around, I can see how one can end up in such a position, I'm finding so many cheap games but I know little about them, but thinking for such a price I could go mental and buy...loads of them!

Edited by Rummy

I don't have a 360, but I will recommend a few multiplatform games that you could probably get in that price range, that I've played on other consoles:

Fallout 3

Battlefield Bad Company (although, you're probably better off waiting for the new one)

Assassin's Creed

Wow, alot of feedback, thanks guys. I've mainly been checking playtrade and ebay really, for preowned stuff to get an even bigger edge on the cheapness. Has anybody played blue dragon? Is it any good? It's one I happened to see for like £5 on playtrade. I might invest in mirror's edge I guess, though I heard it was a bit on the short side, but I guess if I find that for a fiver it ain't too bad either.
I got Blue Dragon with my 360 a couple of years ago, I only put about an hour in it and got incredibly bored. If you love childish anime and JRPGs in any form, you might like it.

Mirror's Edge I never really thought of as being short, but it is flawed. The combat system is a real letdown but the controls are great, it's a lot of fun and very original, plus graphically it's brilliant. Why not try the demo?

Mirror's Edge is a bit Marmite. Personally I loved it, the time trials made it a long lasting game for me.

With all this talk of ME1 as well, I never really got too far into it before giving up, so I guess I'll go dig it back out and take it for a bit more of a spin...

A lot of people give up on Mass Effect too early! Typically people get lost at the Citadel and can't be bothered to continue. But you can get through the citadel and back into space in about 10-15 minutes if you know what you're doing. If that's the case for you, it might be worth looking up a walkthrough just to help you get back into the thick of things.

I did try the Mirror's Edge demo a while back, it was enjoyable, I'd just heard at the time that the game was a little less open/more linear than people expected, and it could get repetitive at times. It's going to be on my list for my next round of purchases. As for Mass Effect, I guess my problem was that it's just got...too much talking in it! I was also playing on my SDTV struggling to read sometimes, I'll try it out again soon, probably starting over afresh as it's been a over a year since I played.

Anyhow, for now I am done, I've gotten Prey for £3.50 as previously stated, Viva Pinata:TiP on order for £4.99 brand new, and also Condemned for £5, so I'm pretty happy! I'm so tempted to buy more, but I think I'll wait a bit til I actually take these ones for a spin.

Sign in to follow this