tapedeck

General Retro Discussion

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, nekunando said:

I just played Winning Eleven 6: Final Evolution on the Gamecube for the first time in years.. and it's still amazing :grin:

I take it you didn't fire up Tony Hawks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I take it you didn't fire up Tony Hawks?

I did very quickly :smile: I don't really have time to play today but I went into the Foundry. Only cleared the 3 high score challenges and SKATE on my first run!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, nekunando said:

I did very quickly :smile: I don't really have time to play today but I went into the Foundry. Only cleared the 3 high score challenges and SKATE on my first run!

Clearly your skills have remained with you, whereas mine took some time to get back. I'm gonna attempt another couple of stages this evening. It's worked out great because I can play this while I have my kingdom automatically making money on Ni No Kuni II. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m gonna go back to Tony Hawks 2 later. It’s a good podcast game and I’d like to get around to unlocking more levels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Clearly your skills have remained with you, whereas mine took some time to get back. I'm gonna attempt another couple of stages this evening. It's worked out great because I can play this while I have my kingdom automatically making money on Ni No Kuni II. :D 

I wouldn't say that :grin: Grinding with manuals is where I get most of my points but I was disappointed by just how weak my scoring was. Reverting into manuals felt surprisingly natural, though, so I'll consider going through it all again with a new character :hehe:

I want to play Luigi's Mansion soon, though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the Spyro thread left me wondering. Are the games actually any good? I’ve never played one and it made me wonder if I should pick up the originals for my collection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

So the Spyro thread left me wondering. Are the games actually any good? I’ve never played one and it made me wonder if I should pick up the originals for my collection.

I've only played the original and I thought it was great. I played through it again on the Vita a year or two back and it still holds up. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to laugh though. Once again the plug isn’t quite right. This one should at least work but it’s still a plug from a Sky tv box :laughing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Got to laugh though. Once again the plug isn’t quite right. This one should at least work but it’s still a plug from a Sky tv box :laughing:

Haha. I'm surprised anything actually works. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ordered a composite cable for the Saturn so I dont need to bother with the aerial connections anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I still suck at Sega Rally after all these years but I think it holds up really well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really a fan of "realistic" racers, but really liked Sega Rally on the Saturn.

And Sonic R, although not sure that one holds up as much.

I should get another copy of Sonic Jam, the disk got scratched and it won't load any of the museum content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ike said:

Not really a fan of "realistic" racers, but really liked Sega Rally on the Saturn.

And Sonic R, although not sure that one holds up as much.

I should get another copy of Sonic Jam, the disk got scratched and it won't load any of the museum content.

Yeah Sonic Jam was originally on my list but it got knocked off as I was over the voucher limit. I'll get it eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Ok I still suck at Sega Rally after all these years but I think it holds up really well.

 

Just now, Ike said:

Not really a fan of "realistic" racers, but really liked Sega Rally on the Saturn.

And Sonic R, although not sure that one holds up as much.

I should get another copy of Sonic Jam, the disk got scratched and it won't load any of the museum content.

The soundtrack to Sonic R is timeless. 

I used to love the museum in Sonic Jam. I used to watch the Sonic CD opening all the time. Good excuse to post it again.

None of the garbage USA Sonic Boom opening here.

  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Happenstance said:

Nope, its Sonic Boom or nothing. Greatest intro music ever created!

 

As if my opinion of you couldn't go any lower you then post this. For shame! 

Its all about that Toot Toot Sonic Warrior!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

This is something I will not back down on! Sonic Boom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You called?

DZ3b5kOWsAAb-qc.png

:p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Sonic Boom!!!!!!

(This is such an important argument that I keep pausing Street Fighter Alpha 2 to yell at you!)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EU/JPN soundtrack better than the US one. The opening in Jam was extended compared to the Mega CD version, I believe it was the opening used in the PC version.

It had loads of great and random stuff like

And the Japanese TV ads. I found out about Sega Sonic arcade game from trailers. Sega have really been holding out on including this stuff since Jam.

Also the gallery music.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites