NEurope
tapedeck

General Retro Discussion

He's now interested in getting the Frankenstein game with Tim Curry in it so probably not :laughing:

Edited by Happenstance
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

He's now interested in getting the Frankenstein game with Tim Curry in it so probably not :laughing:

But Shining Force III is actually a good game that's worth playing. :( 

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

But Shining Force III is actually a good game that's worth playing. :( 

Take it up with him not me :p 

3 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Take it up with him not me :p 

He's not here so you're the next best thing. :p 

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

He's not here so you're the next best thing. :p 

Ok then, Shining Forks 3 is one of the most overrated games I've ever seen and definitely not worth the money.

4 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Ok then, Shining Forks 3 is one of the most overrated games I've ever seen and definitely not worth the money.

I've never played Shining Forks III before. Shining Force III is a cracking game though. :D 

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've never played Shining Forks III before. Shining Force III is a cracking game though. :D 

Vl7v9KG.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Going by the fact that I have never seen the Frankenstein game anywhere, whereas I have seen Shining Force 3, I think odd are good I'll end up with SF3.

Edited by Goafer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

Vl7v9KG.jpg

To go to the effort of making this only to not make the 'III' look like a fork hurts!

If anything, I'm forced to say it takes the shine off.. :blank:

• Haha 2
  • Angry 1

Just now, nekunando said:

To go to the effort of making this only to not make the 'III' look like a fork hurts!

I did think about it but I'm at work and using cheap software so you are all lucky you got as much as you did! At least I gave the girl in the middle a giant fork to hold.

9 minutes ago, Goafer said:

Going by the fact that I have never seen the Frankenstein game anywhere, whereas I have seen Shining Force 3, I think odd are good I'll end up with SF3.

I've never seen Frankenstein: Through the Eyes of the Monster as far as I know either, I was only made aware of it fairly recently and I didn't know it was a PAL exclusive for sure until I was reminded of it in that recent Sega Lord X video, if I ever see it for a reasonable price though (around £80?) I'll let you know, chances are slim though, there's only two copies on eBay at the moment, cheapest one out of those two is £120.

2 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I did think about it but I'm at work and using cheap software so you are all lucky you got as much as you did! At least I gave the girl in the middle a giant fork to hold.

It was a solid effort, and when I saw the fork it definitely got a laugh out of me, so well played. :laughing:

• Like 1

Had a few boxes that still hadn't been unpacked from when I moved here. Going through to try and clean up a bit and found my Saturn and GameCube collections. Thought it might be of interest so here they are:

JLOCvJ6.jpg

XYXGYl1.jpg

Now if only I had time to play them...

• Like 5

On 27/01/2020 at 5:08 PM, nekunando said:

There we go.

2i2ZuKu.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, will' said:

Had a few boxes that still hadn't been unpacked from when I moved here. Going through to try and clean up a bit and found my Saturn and GameCube collections. Thought it might be of interest so here they are:

JLOCvJ6.jpg

Now if only I had time to play them...

Japanese Gamecube boxes are so different. I liked how small they were. Shame they use cardboard sleeves which damage easily.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Ike said:

Japanese Gamecube boxes are so different. I liked how small they were. Shame they use cardboard sleeves which damage easily.

Yeah, I like them too.  But those cardboard sleeves can go to hell; they dog-ear so bloody easily.

Still.  At least they're better than the old Jewel Cases used for CD games (like on PS1 and Dreamcast); where they will crack if you just look at them funny.  Literally made by Satan himself.

It's pretty crazy how many of them you find in pretty much perfect condition. If they'd used those boxes in the West I'm pretty sure none of them would have survived.

1 minute ago, will' said:

It's pretty crazy how many of them you find in pretty much perfect condition. If they'd used those boxes in the West I'm pretty sure none of them would have survived.

Very true. The Japanese know how to take care of their gaming goods.

I’ve got some Japanese GC games that came with my Panasonic Q. All of them in pretty good condition. Much better boxes than ours.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ike said:
How is the Super NT @Dcubed?

Absolutely bloody fantastic! Utterly superb product and worth every penny!

I went and bought a Mega SG too (which just arrived yesterday) and it's every bit as good as well! Can't recommend Analogue's products enough! :D 

The 8bit-do wireless controllers for both the SNES and MD are fantastic as well! They work very well and feel every bit as high quality as the official first party controllers.

Has been really fun to try out all of the various randomisers and MSU-1 hacks with the SD2SNES as well! @Glen-i will be doing the write up in the Gaming Diary thread at some point, but needless to say, we've had a lot of fun with the ALTTP&SM randomiser, the SMW randomiser and the SMRPG randomiser! :hehe:

That being said, I'm glad that I don't need any sort of flash cart to run most MD/Master System/GG games on the Mega SG (Since there aren't any special chips outside of the SVP chip for Virtua Racing... which I have in superior form on Switch anyway).  I just extracted all the games I legally own from Virtual Console, the MD Mini, the various MD compilations and the Steam releases and chucked them onto an SD Card...

... though I have to admit that I'm awfully tempted by the Mega SD... I don't currently own any SEGA CD games though, so I really can't justify the cost for a literal handful of games I'd actually want to play using it... still want one though...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dcubed said:

I just extracted all the games I legally own from Virtual Console, the MD Mini, the various MD compilations and the Steam releases and chucked them onto an SD Card...

How do you do that, last time I check it seemed like a right faff?

I tempted to get one because of the Mega Sg, not sure if I should bite now, but I'm waiting for the Pocket. They only have the black colour version in stock at the minute, not sure if they are going to restock the others.

Krikzz is doing his own versionn of the Mega SD if you're willing to wait.

• Thanks 2