NEurope
tapedeck

General Retro Discussion

You should all search for "Final Fantasy Original Soundtrack" on either Spotify or Apple Music. Thank me later.

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

You should all search for "Final Fantasy Original Soundtrack" on either Spotify or Apple Music. Thank me later.

I don't use Spotify. ::shrug:

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I don't use Spotify. ::shrug:

Well, there are other means to find pretty much all FF OSTs to listen to :D 

Just now, drahkon said:

Well, there are other means to find pretty much all FF OSTs to listen to :D 

I was reading yesterday that Eyes on Me isn't part of the FFVIII soundtrack on Spotify.  Disgrace. :nono:

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I was reading yesterday that Eyes on Me isn't part of the FFVIII soundtrack on Spotify.  Disgrace. :nono:

Fine, forget that I said anything. Jeez :p 

Hyperkin teased their N64 clone earlier this week, the Ultra Retron. They're going to give us more details at E3 and I'm definitely intrigued, the N64 is the console I have the most physical games for and my original console suffers from serious overheating issues alongside looking godawful on my modern TV. If it performs well and the price is right then I'll likely pick one up but early analysis of the footage they released isn't exactly positive, seems to suffer from all the same problems that N64 emulation suffers from.

I know that Kevtris has mentioned he is unlikely to be able to build an FPGA clone of the N64 so we Analogue aren't likely to throw their hat into the ring, at least not yet, so emulation based solutions might be the only choice for N64 clone systems going forward so we'll probably have to put up with poor compatibility and the occasional glitch.

I doubt I'll be getting anymore Hyperkin stuff. I was impressed when I first got my Retron but it doesn't work anymore and the plastic casing was so flimsy that I thought it would break everytime I tried to put a cart in.

That's a shame to hear, I don't own any of their consoles but I assumed they were pretty good quality but I guess they were just so prevalent a few years ago because they were the best option on the market.

It's nice that we're starting to see N64 options coming into the market, but this looks like it probably won't be all that great...

Hopefully it'll encourage competitors to come in with something better though.  Even if it's not an FPGA, I'd love a good quality emulator box solution that plays original carts!  A way to play N64 games (that aren't available on the VC), which aren't riddled with horrendous slowdown and don't look like buttered arse on modern displays would literally be a dream come true!)

Edited by Dcubed

3 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

It's nice that we're starting to see N64 options coming into the market, but this looks like it probably won't be all that great...

Hopefully it'll encourage competitors to come in with something better though.  Even if it's not an FPGA, I'd love a good quality emulator box solution that plays original carts!  A way to play N64 games (that aren't available on the VC), which aren't riddled with horrendous slowdown and don't look like buttered arse on modern displays would literally be a dream come true!)

I mean they looked like arse when they first came out. You can't expect miracles 😝

• Haha 2

I watched this today. I never knew the story about the composer of the game. Shame. The game has an amazing soundtrack and I would have loved to have heard what else he could have cooked up had he stayed in the industry.

Starwing is still my favourite out of the main series. Most people prefer Lylat Wars but that game never really had the same impact on me as the original did.

• Thanks 1

There is something very satisfying about seeing a yellowing snes get cleaned up like this:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tempted but... all the games in that trailer, I'm pretty sure I have as Virtual Console games on the Wii.

I'm glad that a TurboGrafx 16 mini exists though. :smile:

I didn't know where to post this but it got a chuckle out of me so...

medium_snchoicutson_6d1c13ee-7f67-414e-a

:laughing:

Gotta slice fast! Here's your chance to own our exclusive Sonic pizza cutter! Made of stainless steel and laser-engraved with your favorite hedgehog, this pizza cutter's blade measures 3-inches in diameter, and will make super-quick work of your pizza slicing needs. The handle is made of high-quality molded plastic, and includes a full-color Sonic the Hedgehog logo. Sonic and pizza, it's the perfect match!

• Haha 1

I can’t decide what to play. I’m in the mood for an RPG so at the moment it’s Final Fantasy 6, 7, 8, 9, Chrono Cross or Persona 3 Portable. Someone decide for me...

4 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I can’t decide what to play. I’m in the mood for an RPG so at the moment it’s Final Fantasy 6, 7, 8, 9, Chrono Cross or Persona 3 Portable. Someone decide for me...

Final Fantasy VI because you know it's the right thing to do... ;)

Just load up the game, let the introduction play out and tell me that you don't want to play it. :peace:

4 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Final Fantasy VI because you know it's the right thing to do... ;)

Just load up the game, let the introduction play out and tell me that you don't want to play it. :peace:

To be fair I’ve played all but Chrono Cross before so it really should be that one. I’m just on a bit of a FF high at the moment due to E3 and I’ve been meaning to replay Persona 3 Portable for a while.

Im also adding Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition to my list of possibilities.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Have you finished Pokemon yet? 

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Have you finished Pokemon yet? 

Nah. As with all Pokemon games I got bored.

• Haha 1