NEurope
tapedeck

General Retro Discussion

Yeah that Doom run is insane. Good video as well, explaining all the mechanics behind it. Love how much passion and time can go into speed running.

Another video from Sega Lord X, this time it's about the original Castlevania.

It's only short and worth a watch. :peace:

• Like 1

After watching this video on the current World's Largest Videogame Collection, I suddenly don't feel so bad about all the games I've collected over the years. :p

Well... maybe "bad" isn't the word but I have been trying to downsize on some of my collection and just keep what I want to play. :D

Anyway, well done to the guy for collecting all these titles, there are some really interesting games in there but also a tonne of stuff which I bet will never be played.

It just made me think that I'm glad that I've decided to be more selective in general when it comes to games I purchase.

But it is really nice to see so many complete collections in one place, I still prefer Last Gamer's collection (he used to own the world record) though this is still impressive. :peace:

Uh, so I sent the extra Mega Sg back which arrived on with Analogue on Monday and they've sent a replacement unit which arrived today???

I guess they got that many complaints, they just defaulted to sending out replacements?

Very possibly. Apparently there was a lot of issue with the distribution company they used sending out the wrong models.

That port of Afterburner to the TG16 really was absolutely incredible! It's actually way better than the Megadrive version!

The TG16 had absolutely no business running the Super Scaler games; those ports were amazing!

SEGA in the late 80s/early 90s were really weird in how they put their games out on competing systems... It really wasn't until the SNES came out that SEGA really stopped with them and went all guns blazing against Nintendo.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

new video from My Life in Gaming.

DC HDMI looks pretty awesome, aside from the price of course. :p

I think I'll just hold out for the new Scart and Component cables coming from Retro Gaming Cables which shouldn't be long now. :)

Another day another mini consol... wait... this isn't a console! Nor is it mini!!

Yes.  It IS actually literally shaped in the form of a giant Capcom logo! It's so incredibly stupid that I want one! :laughing:

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Oh, wait. That's the design?! Oh. Well, I was maybe interested but not at that price and that design.

I suppose it is technically two arcade sticks so the price isn't actually that bad... I guess?

1 minute ago, Ike said:

I suppose it is technically two arcade sticks so the price isn't actually that bad... I guess?

That's the thing, I'm not even sure that its a bad price, its just too much for me to justify buying.

I actually love the Capcom Home Arcade.  OK, maybe it would be better if it just looked like two arcade sticks rather than a "Capcom" logo, and maybe there could be more games, but I think they've got the best ones - certainly the unlicensed ones.  It's pretty amazing they've included Alien vs. Predator, but unfortunately no Marvel licenses.  If the visual display, lack of input lag etc are all good then I'll probably get one.

Next up we need a System 16/System 32 Sega Home Arcade with Golden Axe and Spider-Man.

• Like 1

Picked up a RGB cable for the Saturn so now I get a good picture and sound! Will be able to play Burning Rangers once I get round to it. :p 

The reset button seems to be stuck, anyone know how to get it unstuck (without opening up the console preferably)?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Picked up a RGB cable for the Saturn so now I get a good picture and sound! Will be able to play Burning Rangers once I get round to it. :p 

The reset button seems to be stuck, anyone know how to get it unstuck (without opening up the console preferably)?

You could try a combo of compressed air and a toothbrush/toothpick?

Otherwise, you'd probably have to open it up I reckon.

Edited by Dcubed

I couldn't agree more with Sega Lord X here.

A really nicely put together video which Sega should really take notice of.

They are headed in the right direction with the Sega Mega Drive mini and the Sega Ages titles on the Switch but there's so much more potential for the future. :peace:

• Thanks 1

A pretty nice Top 10 video over on the Happy Console Gamer channel.

I think that I much prefer having top 10's per console though, picking from all formats is way too stressful.

But there are some good choices in this video I thought.

1 hour ago, S.C.G said:

I couldn't agree more with Sega Lord X here.

A really nicely put together video which Sega should really take notice of.

They are headed in the right direction with the Sega Mega Drive mini and the Sega Ages titles on the Switch but there's so much more potential for the future. :peace:

Yeah, I agree. Was hoping they would announce some Saturn or Dreamcast games in the Ages line up in the event they had recently. I suppose those are more work to bring over than Mega Drive/Arcade games.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Ike said:

Yeah, I agree. Was hoping they would announce some Saturn or Dreamcast games in the Ages line up in the event they had recently. I suppose those are more work to bring over than Mega Drive/Arcade games.

Well they did say that the Naomi games wouldn't start coming until the initial 15 game wave of titles was released...

... now that we know the first 15 games though, hopefully that means we'll start seeing Naomi/Dreamcast and Saturn games come to the SEGA AGES line!

• Thanks 1

I'm after a free app to log all the games in my retro collection, any suggestions?

34 minutes ago, lostmario said:

I'm after a free app to log all the games in my retro collection, any suggestions?

I use VGCollect. You add stuff from their website but they do have an app so you can keep track of everything.

• Thanks 1

The Geek Critique has started covering the Sonic Advance series. :D

I can remember playing these when they first came out, I'm pretty sure they got better with each entry mostly.

Looking forward to seeing the video on Sonic Advance 2... I'm almost tempted to spend $1 on Patreon to see it now but I'll probably wait.