NEurope
tapedeck

General Retro Discussion

Well, I'd say that I'm half-prepared for my Mega SG to arrive tomorrow, in the end I've just opted for clearing my desk, taking out my Super NT for now and just using the leads from it.

When I get more properly set up, I will of course connect the unit to my original Sega Mega CD II and I'll take a picture of my Sega Shelf when it's photo-worthy.

For now, I just want to be able to play Sega Mega Drive games on it, with some of my original controllers, just playing the odd game inbetween everything else.

One thing is for sure though, when I get my room sorted and get rid of a load of stuff, I'll hopefully be playing a lot more Sega games in 2019. :D

It's time to truly appreciate what games I have, while I can and there's surely no better time than the present. :peace:

This video just popped up in my YouTube feed, it's on Castle of Illusion mainly but features some of the other Disney games on the Mega Drive.

If it hasn't been posted before, I figured at least @Happenstance and @Hero-of-Time might enjoy watching it. :peace:

It certainly brought back some memories for me and it'll certainly be nice to play some of these classics once again. :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, S.C.G said:

This video just popped up in my YouTube feed, it's on Castle of Illusion mainly but features some of the other Disney games on the Mega Drive.

Thanks for the heads up. I was never a huge fan of Castle of Illusion. Quackshot and World of Illusion were more my jam.

Looks like the My Life in Gaming guys will be taking a good look at Mega SG.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Has your Mega SG arrived yet, @Happenstance? I see a few people on Era have received theirs.

Not yet. Tracking says it should be here by 12 noon. I'm working from home today anyway.

5 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

*Sits around twiddling thumbs*

Trying to get stuff done before package arrives, I keep looking out the window every five minutes just in case.

Just had a call from them. The FedEx driver is now on his way back to me and has been told to call me when he gets here.

26 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Just had a call from them. The FedEx driver is now on his way back to me and has been told to call me when he gets here.

By the time the thing arrives you may as well have just went to work. :D 

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

By the time the thing arrives you may as well have just went to work. :D 

Thankfully it's just got here. Was gonna be pissed if I would have had to worked out a second day or working from home.

Updating the firmware now. Everyone needs to make sure they do that so the pack in game works!

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Thankfully it's just got here. Was gonna be pissed if I would have had to worked out a second day or working from home.

Updating the firmware now. Everyone needs to make sure they do that so the pack in game works!

Cool, glad that you got your Mega SG in the end. :D

MIne arrived too but not time to play until later as I'm back to work today.

I shall take pictures of the outer box, console etc though, so look out for those later on maybe. :)

I din't know that the firmware had to be updated for the pack-in game to work... guess I'll be doing that later then, time to unbox! :peace:

p.s - I hope you have fun playing Mega Drive games! :grin:

Think I'm starting to notice a few issues with button presses on the M30 not registering. Gonna have to try and update the firmware I was talking about yesterday. Just need to find a screwdriver that can work on the receiver.

The update ran fine as soon as I managed to find a screwdriver small enough for the receiver. If anyone wants it then let me know and I'll put it somewhere for us.

3 minutes ago, Ike said:

Mind's just arrived... And they sent me 2?

What does it say on the packaging? You'll want to make sure they didn't list it as two there otherwise you'll get hit with extra import fees.

6 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

What does it say on the packaging? You'll want to make sure they didn't list it as two there otherwise you'll get hit with extra import fees.

Checked, only ordered 1. The guy said there was 2 packages under 1 tracking code.

Fedex have screwed up, the "Sold To" label is for someone else but it looks like what are the Fedex labels are in my name. Not sure if I should contact Fedex or Analogue, it wasn't even for this country. 

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Checked, only ordered 1. The guy said there was 2 packages under 1 tracking code.

Fedex have screwed up, the "Sold To" label is for someone else but it looks like what are the Fedex labels are in my name. Not sure if I should contact Fedex or Analogue, it wasn't even for this country. 

Probably Analogue I would say. I think its up to them to arrange everything with FedEx.

Might tweet them, I heard their email support is kinda slow. Might include Fedex as well.

Guess someone's not getting their Mega Sg today.

Btw, what are you using as a power supply seeing as it came with a US adapter?

Just got a text message from FedEx. £41.15 import fee which is roughly what I paid last year with DHL for the Super NT.