NEurope
tapedeck

General Retro Discussion

What version did you order @S.C.G? Someone on Era mentioned their White one has shipped but not their Japanese one so I’m wondering if they are shipping by type. I also ordered the Japanese one.

2 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

What version did you order @S.C.G? Someone on Era mentioned their White one has shipped but not their Japanese one so I’m wondering if they are shipping by type. I also ordered the Japanese one.

Yep, I went with the black Mega SG but with the white buttons, keeping it as close to the UK MegaDrive 1 as possible.

4 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Never mind, mine just shipped lol

Awesome! Mega SG high five! :peace:

tenor.gif?itemid=12955092

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

Shame though that they have switched from the original promise of DHL delivery to FedEx as DHL let’s you change your delivery day.

My latest retro purchase arrived today.

Spoiler

D2RmNdTX4AgTZO2.jpg

D2Rls95WoAAxxor.jpg

D2Rls9-XcAEPG3y.jpg

D2Rls-GWwAAlRST.jpg

D2RmNU4XQAA-miQ.jpg

D2RmNWnWoAAguWY.jpg

I've been after one for ages and this has been on eBay for quite a while now but because everything thing is as new/mint condition it was quite pricey. With eBay giving 15% off of videogame purchases on Wednesday evening, I decided to bite the bullet and go for it. With old game consoles not playing nice with modern displays I really wanted the LCD screen and I wanted it with the original film still attached. I couldn't be happier with the condition this is in. It's practically brand new. :bowdown:

Now I need to hunt down a PSOne memory card that matches the colour scheme and is in similar condition to the console.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Next 4 replacement boxes arrived. 3 are fine but unfortunately they sent 1bas Spider-Man & Venom Separation Anxiety instead of Sonic 3. Hoping they just send out a replacement cover.

Mega SG shipped, delivery estimate is Monday, hype! Little annoyed they switch from DHL to Fedex but not a big deal.

@Hero-of-Time you always seem to manage to find good buys on eBay. :laughing: I used to have one of those types of screens for the Gamecube although I never really used.

• Thanks 2

Turns out FedEx do allow you to change delivery day after all. Lets me do it from a link in their text message. Tempted to just leave it for Monday though and take the day off so I can play it :p

Turns out FedEx do allow you to change delivery day after all. Lets me do it from a link in their text message. Tempted to just leave it for Monday though and take the day off so I can play it :p

So, you can change the delivery date so that it arrives earlier? I read it as, they would deliver it by Monday but it could just arrive earlier.

I wonder if they'd just deliver it tomorrow? :p

1 minute ago, S.C.G said:

So, you can change the delivery date so that it arrives earlier? I read it as, they would deliver it by Monday but it could just arrive earlier.

I wonder if they'd just deliver it tomorrow? :p

Would be nice wouldn't it! Really I should change it to Wednesday as it's my day off work and I'll be around.

Would be nice wouldn't it! Really I should change it to Wednesday as it's my day off work and I'll be around.

I'm just going to leave it as it is and see when it turns up.

I could do with the extra day or two to prepare anyway.

Just now, S.C.G said:

I'm just going to leave it as it is and see when it turns up.

I could do with the extra day or two to prepare anyway.

I just live in the middle of nowhere and don't drive so have had bad experiences with post not getting to me or going to a depot etc. I tend to try and plan ahead for stuff like this.

• Thanks 1

Unless I see some stupidly good deals I'm probably done on eBay for now so I'm updating my list again. Also adding all the extra stuff I ended up with to it.

Spoiler

Adventures of Batman & Robin
Air Buster
Alien Soldier
Alisia Dragoon
Batman
Bio Hazard Battle
Bubsy
Bubsy II
Captain America & The Avengers

Castle of Illusion
Comix Zone
Crusader of Centy
Desert Strike
Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Earthworm Jim
Earthworm Jim 2
Ecco the Dolphin
Empire of Steel
Flashback
General Chaos

Ghouls n Ghosts
Golden Axe
Golden Axe 2
Gunstar Heroes
Herzog Zwei
James Bond 007 The Duel

Jungle Strike
Landstalker
Mega Bomberman
Mega Games 2
Michael Jackson's Moonwalker
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers The Movie

Out of this World
Phantasy Star IV
Pirates Gold!
Ranger X
Revenge of Shinobi
Road Rash
Road Rash 2
Road Rash 3
Rocket Knight Adventures
Robocop vs Terminator
Rolling Thunder 2

Shadow Dancer
Shadowrun
Shining Force
Shining Force 2
Shinobi III
Skitchin
Starflight
Story of Thor

Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3
Target Earth
Thunder Force 3
Toejam & Earl
True Lies
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Urban Strike

Valis III
X-Men

X-Men 2: Clone Wars
Ys III
Zero Wing
Zombies!

Edited by Happenstance
  • Thanks 1

Any of you with the M30 controller been able to update the firmware on it yet? I'm not managing to get it to go into update mode (holding L, R and Start) to install it.

24 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Any of you with the M30 controller been able to update the firmware on it yet? I'm not managing to get it to go into update mode (holding L, R and Start) to install it.

Nope, it just shows up as a storage device.

1 minute ago, Ike said:

Nope, it just shows up as a storage device.

Mine just shows up as a Xbox 360 controller. I'm hoping that the 2.4 version just doesn't do firmware updates and I've been reading the bluetooth instructions.

3 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Mine just shows up as a Xbox 360 controller. I'm hoping that the 2.4 version just doesn't do firmware updates and I've been reading the bluetooth instructions.

They don't specify on the website so I would assume it's for both, but I can't get the LEDs to go red when holding L+R+Start.

Having a drink while using rubbing alcohol is dangerous. I keep almost reaching for the wrong bottle...

20 hours ago, Ike said:

They don't specify on the website so I would assume it's for both, but I can't get the LEDs to go red when holding L+R+Start.

Ok support got back to me. Apparently you update the 2.4 version differently and they sent me the beta firmware if I wanted to try it. One thing though is that to update the retro receiver that comes with it you unscrew the shell to get to the USB port.

Edited by Happenstance

5 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Ok support got back to me. Apparently you update the 2.4 version differently and they sent me the beta firmware if I wanted to try it. One thing though is that to update the retro receiver that comes with it you unscrew the shell to get to the USB port.

It updates through the receiver or you have to update both? There's no mention of their being a different update method on the website, despite stating the manual is for the 2.4g version.

Having to remove the shell is a real bad design decision, I'm not sure I have the correct screwdriver.

My Mega Sg status is "International shipment release - Import" have I dodged paying customs or is that still coming?

9 minutes ago, Ike said:

It updates through the receiver or you have to update both? There's no mention of their being a different update method on the website, despite stating the manual is for the 2.4g version.

Having to remove the shell is a real bad design decision, I'm not sure I have the correct screwdriver.

My Mega Sg status is "International shipment release - Import" have I dodged paying customs or is that still coming?

You have to update both the controller and the receiver separately.

My Mega SG has been stuck on "In Transit, Package Available for Clearance" since 8.03pm yesterday. I'm just waiting for something to change so I know it's coming tomorrow and I can confirm with my boss that I'll work from home.

Someone on Era said they got a text yesterday confirming their customs fees and it was £70 for two SGs.