NEurope
tapedeck

General Retro Discussion

40 minutes ago, Goafer said:

I just checked my demo discs as I know I have a few duplicates. Unfortunately I don't have a spare SF2, but I do have a duplicate Christmas Nights if you want it?

I'm in no real rush for it but thanks for the offer.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm in no real rush for it but thanks for the offer.

You say that now, but Christmas is only 6 months away!

I also meant for free by the way, unless postage ended up being silly. 

Which reminds me, I also have copies of Sega Rally and Die Hard Trilogy going free if anyone wants them. CEX wouldn't take them as the discs were a bit scratched. They should still work though and I'll test them when I can be arsed.

• Haha 1

Retro Gaming Cables are doing 18% off their PACKAPUNCH cables at the moment. Debating getting one for my Super Famicom but honestly the picture quality seems fine as it is so not sure if it's worth taking the chance. Still need to get a cable for my Saturn though.  

4 minutes ago, Ike said:

Retro Gaming Cables are doing 18% of their PACKAPUNCH cables at the moment. Debating getting one for my Super Famicom but honestly the picture quality seems fine as it is so not sure if it's worth taking the chance. Still need to get a cable for my Saturn though.  

18% off?!? I bought cables for all of my systems mere months ago as I felt there were worth the price then. :blank:

But with another 18% off as well... I would order all the cables from them, even the ones for the consoles you only might need, y'know... just in case. :p

Either way, I'd say that's a fantastic deal. :)

22 hours ago, Goafer said:

You say that now, but Christmas is only 6 months away!

I also meant for free by the way, unless postage ended up being silly. 

Which reminds me, I also have copies of Sega Rally and Die Hard Trilogy going free if anyone wants them. CEX wouldn't take them as the discs were a bit scratched. They should still work though and I'll test them when I can be arsed.

giphy.gif

Free games you say... I am interested in Die Hard Trilogy and Christmas Nights

I am also willing to give away Goafer’s copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga for free if anyone wants it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I am also willing to give away Goafer’s copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga for free if anyone wants it.

I don't want Panzer Dragoon, but I'd pay for a video of the whole process of you getting his game and then giving it away for free.

• Haha 1

I don't want Panzer Dragoon, but I'd pay for a video of the whole process of you getting his game and then giving it away for free.
I wouldn't pay anything for such a video, but I would receive it for free.

17 hours ago, lostmario said:

giphy.gif

Free games you say... I am interested in Die Hard Trilogy and Christmas Nights

Slide your address into my DMs and I'll get them tested and sent out.

Just checked DHT and it doesn't have a manual. Disc isn't as bad as I thought though, so I imagine it'll work fine. Will actually test it though. Box isn't too bad, but does have a tatty sticker on it.

Edited by Goafer

Another excellent edition of Punching Weight on the Stop Skeletons From Fighting YouTube channel. :D

There's some really great stuff on there, I've been watching them for about a year since my brother told me about them. :peace:

I'd always wondered about some of those Expansion Pak supported/required titles. ;)

The fiftieth complete history video from Slope's Game Room so of course it had to be F-Zero. ;)

I learned a few things I didn't know about the series from this as well. :)

Definitely well worth a watch, it seems to be a good day for gaming videos. :D

Now I'm wanting that F-Zero GX HD port even more...

Ordered myself a copy of Mega Man Battle Network 1 today as I've really been in the mood to play it again. Eventually I'll grab myself a GBA and work on a collection for that but for now to save some money I think I'll just play it on my DS Phat.

latest?cb=20080702222012

Everytime I try and get some GBA games I remember how much I hate having to search through all the listings and just try and figure out which are real carts :(

I gave in and just ordered some of them along with a modded GBA SP. Its from the same guy who I refused to buy from at Comic Con so I guess I forgave him for his terrible cart display lol.

41ZXC349HYL._SX385_.jpg61MV7BBP1EL._SX342_.jpg618K8K3FZGL._SX342_.jpg61X40TFMPTL._SX342_.jpg61RXSCEDC9L._SX342_.jpg

• Haha 1

Despite seeing them every now and again I'd forgotten just how small the GBA SP was. Looking forward to getting stuck into my new games anyway!

FB5pWCl.jpg

• Thanks 1

Fucks sake. Just turned Pokemon back on and it’s saying my save file was deleted :( 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

Fucks sake. Just turned Pokemon back on and it’s saying my save file was deleted :( 

I image a lot of GBA cart batteries are now dead. Probably best to open them up and change them before starting a new game.

To be honest I expect this was a repro cart so it’s probably cheap parts. The second hand GBA market is flooded with them.

2 hours ago, Happenstance said:

To be honest I expect this was a repro cart so it’s probably cheap parts. The second hand GBA market is flooded with them.

Yeah, trying to collect for the DS and GBA is like navigating through a minefield. When I do pick up the odd game for both of these handhelds I try to get them boxed with instructions and make sure that they are UK versions. A lot of copies tend to be cartridge only and have US ratings on them.

The sad thing is that I’m not necessarily against repro carts for older systems, I just think they should be preoperly labelled as such and have to at least be held up to a certain standard for parts used.

Just now, Happenstance said:

The sad thing is that I’m not necessarily against repro carts for older systems

That is sad. :p 

Not really. I would prefer games to be preserved rather just a set limit which will continue to become more and more rare as they break etc.

9 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Not really. I would prefer games to be preserved rather just a set limit which will continue to become more and more rare as they break etc.

That is true. I'm just really weird and refuse to have anything unofficial in my collection. I've never bought or own copied games and I even refuse to play emulators on PC. I'd rather go without and not play a game i'm waiting to play over playing a copy or using an emulator. Like I said, i'm a bit weird like that.

• Like 3

I do understand, I have never really been able to properly get into games when playing them on emulator compared to the real thing.

I just think the games industry doesn’t do enough when it comes to game preservation and the people sorting out these emulators and rooms are doing good work. The piracy side is obviously a different story but I think that’s why the industry itself should be getting more involved.

• Like 2