NEurope
tapedeck

General Retro Discussion

29 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I take it you didn't fire up Tony Hawks?

I did very quickly :smile: I don't really have time to play today but I went into the Foundry. Only cleared the 3 high score challenges and SKATE on my first run!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nekunando said:

I did very quickly :smile: I don't really have time to play today but I went into the Foundry. Only cleared the 3 high score challenges and SKATE on my first run!

Clearly your skills have remained with you, whereas mine took some time to get back. I'm gonna attempt another couple of stages this evening. It's worked out great because I can play this while I have my kingdom automatically making money on Ni No Kuni II. :D 

I’m gonna go back to Tony Hawks 2 later. It’s a good podcast game and I’d like to get around to unlocking more levels.

11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Clearly your skills have remained with you, whereas mine took some time to get back. I'm gonna attempt another couple of stages this evening. It's worked out great because I can play this while I have my kingdom automatically making money on Ni No Kuni II. :D 

I wouldn't say that :grin: Grinding with manuals is where I get most of my points but I was disappointed by just how weak my scoring was. Reverting into manuals felt surprisingly natural, though, so I'll consider going through it all again with a new character :hehe:

I want to play Luigi's Mansion soon, though!

So the Spyro thread left me wondering. Are the games actually any good? I’ve never played one and it made me wonder if I should pick up the originals for my collection.

11 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

So the Spyro thread left me wondering. Are the games actually any good? I’ve never played one and it made me wonder if I should pick up the originals for my collection.

I've only played the original and I thought it was great. I played through it again on the Vita a year or two back and it still holds up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got to laugh though. Once again the plug isn’t quite right. This one should at least work but it’s still a plug from a Sky tv box :laughing:

23 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Got to laugh though. Once again the plug isn’t quite right. This one should at least work but it’s still a plug from a Sky tv box :laughing:

Haha. I'm surprised anything actually works. :D 

Ordered a composite cable for the Saturn so I dont need to bother with the aerial connections anymore.

Ok I still suck at Sega Rally after all these years but I think it holds up really well.

Not really a fan of "realistic" racers, but really liked Sega Rally on the Saturn.

And Sonic R, although not sure that one holds up as much.

I should get another copy of Sonic Jam, the disk got scratched and it won't load any of the museum content.

1 minute ago, Ike said:

Not really a fan of "realistic" racers, but really liked Sega Rally on the Saturn.

I should get another copy of Sonic Jam, the disk got scratched and it won't load any of the museum content.

Yeah Sonic Jam was originally on my list but it got knocked off as I was over the voucher limit. I'll get it eventually.

4 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Ok I still suck at Sega Rally after all these years but I think it holds up really well.

Just now, Ike said:

The soundtrack to Sonic R is timeless. 

I used to love the museum in Sonic Jam. I used to watch the Sonic CD opening all the time. Good excuse to post it again.

None of the garbage USA Sonic Boom opening here.

• Angry 1

Just now, Happenstance said:

Nope, its Sonic Boom or nothing. Greatest intro music ever created!

As if my opinion of you couldn't go any lower you then post this. For shame! 

Its all about that Toot Toot Sonic Warrior!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

This is something I will not back down on! Sonic Boom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You called?

DZ3b5kOWsAAb-qc.png

:p 

Good Sonic Boom!!!!!!

(This is such an important argument that I keep pausing Street Fighter Alpha 2 to yell at you!)

• Haha 2

EU/JPN soundtrack better than the US one. The opening in Jam was extended compared to the Mega CD version, I believe it was the opening used in the PC version.

It had loads of great and random stuff like

And the Japanese TV ads. I found out about Sega Sonic arcade game from trailers. Sega have really been holding out on including this stuff since Jam.

Also the gallery music.

• Like 1

Ok then thats all Saturn games tested and they all work fine. Amazingly I only have one busted box as well which is X-Men. I just need to glue that back together then I'm sorted.

• Thanks 1