NEurope
tapedeck

General Retro Discussion

Apart from a couple of cracked cases I'd say all these games are in pretty good condition which is a surprise given how easily game cases used to break back in this gen.

7 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Apart from a couple of cracked cases I'd say all these games are in pretty good condition which is a surprise given how easily game cases used to break back in this gen.

Oh don't get me started on those jewel cases... Ditching them was the best thing about the 6th gen!

10 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Indeed.

The Saturn boxes were garbage until they changed to a plastic covering and sleeve, Nintendo stuck with their shoddy cardboard boxes for the N64 and Sony decided to have cheap plastic cases that got scratched and cracked at the slightest touch. The Dreamcast boxes were probably the worst, though. They had the awful durability for the PSOne cases but also had the stupid little disc holder spindle things that broke quite easily. When you bought a sealed game and heard the rattling inside you knew exactly what had happened. :( 

• Sad 1

Ah, having to look through manuals to find out how to do moves. This is taking me back :p

3 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Ah, having to look through manuals to find out how to do moves. This is taking me back :p

Happy days. I actually had a quick flick through the THPS3 manual yesterday. It's the little things that you miss. 

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Happy days. I actually had a quick flick through the THPS3 manual yesterday. It's the little things that you miss. 

I'm just playing Smackdown 2 at the moment so trying to remember the basics.

Just now, Happenstance said:

I'm just playing Smackdown 2 at the moment so trying to remember the basics.

Pick The Rock or Stone Cold. That's all you need to know. :D 

Must be jarring for you playing that after playing No Mercy. They play so differently and Smackdown is a hell of a lot faster.

Pick The Rock or Stone Cold. That's all you need to know. :D 

Must be jarring for you playing that after playing No Mercy. They play so differently and Smackdown is a hell of a lot faster.

Oh yeah, after Wrestlemania 2000, Smackdown 2 is probably my most played wrestling game ever. Just having trouble using finishers standing up at the moment. I can get the lying down ones to work but not having any luck with face to face ones :S

9 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Oh yeah, after Wrestlemania 2000, Smackdown 2 is probably my most played wrestling game ever. Just having trouble using finishers standing up at the moment. I can get the lying down ones to work but not having any luck with face to face ones :S

Oh weird, The Rock Bottom isn't a finisher for him, just left and circle.

Was just looking through Dreamcast stuff on ebay during my lunch break and came across this.

Limited Edition Console

Very pricey! :eek:

It's that time of year again when i've gotten the Dreamcast bug and i'm wanting to pull the trigger and buy one. I go through this every year. :D 

I might try and up my Dreamcast collection at some point. At the moment I only have Shenmue 1+2, Sonic Adventure and MDK2.

Just now, Happenstance said:

I might try and up my Dreamcast collection at some point. At the moment I only have Shenmue 1+2, Sonic Adventure and MDK2.

Outside of a couple of games ( Project Justice and Cannon Spike ) its surprisingly cheap to buy for. I would like to play Jet Set Radio one of these days.

No sign of my Saturn yet anyway. Email this morning said it should arrive between 8 and 12 :cry:

4 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

No sign of my Saturn yet anyway. Email this morning said it should arrive between 8 and 12 :cry:

I demand pics once everything has arrived. 

I demand pics once everything has arrived. 

Oh definitely, thats the plan. Probably won't be until tomorrow though as other stuff is still yet to arrive (plus a certain MMPR helmet is also due :p )

14 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Outside of a couple of games ( Project Justice and Cannon Spike ) its surprisingly cheap to buy for. I would like to play Jet Set Radio one of these days.

It's not that difficult to gather up an excellent selection of games and controllers for a reasonable price (at least, it wasn't when I picked up my Dreamcast) but I was lucky enough to get both Shenmue games for a relatively low amount back then too.

It's a console well worth owning :hehe:

Anyway, while I've been thinking about how to arrange my lighting/scope setup, I randomly purchased Point Blank DS out of the blue!

1 minute ago, Happenstance said:

Oh definitely, thats the plan. Probably won't be until tomorrow though as other stuff is still yet to arrive (plus a certain MMPR helmet is also due :p )

I now want pics of the consoles and games with you standing next to them with the White Ranger helmet on. :D 

Just now, nekunando said:

It's not that difficult to gather up an excellent selection of games and controllers for a reasonable price (at least, it wasn't when I picked up my Dreamcast) but I was lucky enough to get both Shenmue games for a relatively low amount back then too.

The Shenmue games are still pretty expensive when compared to other games but they have certainly come down in price. You can get them for around £40-50 each these days.

The Shenmue games are still pretty expensive when compared to other games but they have certainly come down in price. You can get them for around £40-50 each these days.

I believe I paid around £20 each, on average. I got very lucky! 

13 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I now want pics of the consoles and games with you standing next to them with the White Ranger helmet on. :D 

:laughing: we'll see if it fits. These are screen accurate replicas (they made the helmets/costumes for that Shattered Grid trailer) so they were originally designed for tiny Asian stuntmen. They did take my measurements when I ordered it but as its only a display item I'm not too bothered.

Wow. I just put Tony Hawk's 3 on and didn't recognise Foundry at all. Maybe I didn't play as much of this compared to 2 as I thought.

13 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Wow. I just put Tony Hawk's 3 on and didn't recognise Foundry at all. Maybe I didn't play as much of this compared to 2 as I thought.

I'm heading home in 30 mins. I can't wait to fire it up and play it.

Does the gameplay still hold up?

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm heading home in 30 mins. I can't wait to fire it up and play it.

Does the gameplay still hold up?

I didnt play too much as I was just checking discs but I played about an hour of Tony Hawk's 2 earlier and that totally held up so I'm gonna say yes to 3 as well.