NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
david.dakota

Google Buzz

Google new product is Google Buzz - social networking gone, erm, bonkers in my opinion (brilliant, but still bonkers)

google.com/buzz

And buzz for mobile:

Edited by david.dakota

It actually looks really good, just the right mix of Twitter and Facebook. If I could use it as a standalone service to gmail I think I'd really like it.

So Googlewave 2.0: Now With Added Hope?

I like the fact the dinosaur has something to say.

So is that what all the "@" stuff is on Twitter? I never knew what was going on with that. And sometimes when I click links in people's tweets they just link to a page showing everyone talking about said link.

I hate twitter. [/tangent]

This seems so pointless. Just use facebook.

I like the nicer-looking photo bits though.

This seems so pointless. Just use facebook.

This seems so unlike you. The half-hearted/defeatist "oh something like this already exists, lets not bother."

But anyway. Yes @replies started with twitter (or, if they existed before Twitter popularised it). Then everyone jumped on the bandwagon :p

I also can't buzzz yet. And when I do I'm always going to be thinking about bees and beads.

I think it looks fantastic.

I don't think it'll be able to compete directly with Facebook or Twitter - but I think it fits in nicely for a more personal touch.

I don't like the idea of having personal messages with family and my girlfriend on Facebook or Twitter...

It feels more personal.

I think it looks really really nice, I'm annoyed I can't get on there to give it a try. My only gripe is that it's attached to Gmail, as a separate service I think I'd actually make it my main social media activity.

I got it.

It showed me two possible friends; one of my students and someone whose wedding I'm doing this weekend.

So far...as wonderfully connected as Google Wave.

Same here. The only person it suggested adding was Felicia Day.

Speaking of Wave, I haven't used that since the first day I had it. I have a feeling that Buzz may be the same.

This seems so unlike you. The half-hearted/defeatist "oh something like this already exists, lets not bother."

Really?

I'm just so bored of gristle. Gristle in my life.

I'd rather they just made something new.

I've just been Buzzing. Pretty cool.

Doubt enough people will use it to make it standard though. A shame really.

I think it looks fantastic.

I don't think it'll be able to compete directly with Facebook or Twitter - but I think it fits in nicely for a more personal touch.

I don't like the idea of having personal messages with family and my girlfriend on Facebook or Twitter...

It feels more personal.

Thats my feelings on it exactly, i'm using it as more of a personal post, like a to-do list or ideas i have, a place for my general blabbering and poorly constructed sentences, i'm starting to do it here now...

Sign in to follow this