NEurope
Dante

Lost: The Final Season

Did they though? Without just placing another question in it's place I mean...

The thing with Lost is they didn't answer anything. I'd be happy if all the random little threads could be linked together' date=' rather than outright answered. But it doesn't seem like the writers could even manage that.[/quote']

This. I agree.

Yes I think they did. Obviously some will have questions afterwards but its science fiction so a lot of the questions are related to that fact.

More Details on the Lost Epilogue

Last month it was revealed that ABC will include a bonus 12-14 minute Lost epilogue which will answer some of the leftover questions from the series finale. We now have a few more details of what/who we will see in this extra segment, which will be released on the Lost: Complete Series DVD/Blu-Ray set. Hit the jump if you want to know.

If you’ve watched the Lost finale, then you know that Hurley took over as the guardian of the island, and asked Ben to help him out with his experience and knowledge of the mysterious location. Years later, in the moments “after life,” Hurley thanked Ben for being his #2 while entering the church — a tease of Hurley and Ben’s years protecting the island. Believe it or not, this storyline has actually been filmed, and will be released as a 12-14 minute epilogue on the upcoming Complete Series box set. Michael Emerson previously told Attack of the Show:

“For those people that want to pony up and buy the complete Lost series, there is a bonus feature, which is…you could call it an epilogue,” explained Emerson. “A lost scene. It’s a lot. It’s 12 or 14 minutes that opens a window onto that gap of unknown time between Hurley becoming number one and the end of the series. It’s self-contained, although it’s a rich period in the show’s mythology that ‘s never been explored, so who knows what will come of it.”

Okay, n ow on to the new information: E! Online spoke to Jorge Garcia, who revealed some new details about what will be included in the extra segment:

“It will address some of the issues, like the food drops, and it will deal with what happened on the island after Hurley took over and how he handled things. It will give you a taste of what took place after Hurley took over as the new number one. There’s a little epilogue thing going on with the DVD.”

Kristin Do Santos also has a bit of insider information:

Inside sources also told me that Walt (Malcolm David Kelley) will be shown in the bonus material. “We’ll find out what happens to Walt,” says the insider. But when asked who else he worked with, Jorge replied coyly: “There are other people in it, but I’m not going to tell you who.”

So there you have it, we’ll finally learn about the food drops, what happened with Ben and Hurley after they were left on the island, and finally get a conclusion for Walt.

The 2010 Emmy Awards ballots entries for LOST:

Outstanding Drama Series: LOST

Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series: Matthew Fox

Outstanding Lead Actress In A Drama Series: Evangeline Lilly

Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Drama Series: Naveen Andrews, Nestor Carbonell, Michael Emerson, Jeff Fahey, Jorge Garcia, Josh Holloway, Daniel Dae Kim, Ken Leung, Terry O’Quinn

Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Drama Series: Yunjin Kim, Emilie de Ravin, Zuleikha Robinson

Outstanding Guest Actor In A Drama Series: Henry Ian Cusick (”Happily Ever After”), Alan Dale (”Happily Ever After”), Mark Pellegrino (”Across The Sea”)

Outstanding Guest Actress In A Drama Series: Allison Janney (”Across The Sea”), Elizabeth Mitchell (”The End”)

Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series: “The Substitute”, “Dr. Linus”, “Ab Aeterno”, “The End”

Outstanding Directing For A Drama Series: Tucker Gates (”Ab Aeterno”), Jack Bender (”The End”)

Outstanding Casting For A Drama Series: LOST

Outstanding Cinematography For A One Hour Series: Stephen St. John, Director of Photography (”Ab Aeterno”); John Bartley, Director of Photography (”The End”)

Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing For A Drama Series: Stephen Semel, Mark J. Goldman, Christopher Nelson, Henk Van Eeghan (”The End”)

Outstanding Sound Editing For A Series: “The End”

Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (One Hour): “The End”

Outstanding Art Direction For A Single-Camera Series: “Ab Aeterno”

Outstanding Costumes For A Series: “Ab Aeterno”

Outstanding Hairstyling For A Single-Camera Series: Doreen Schultz Marchetti, Rita Troy, Patricia Gundlach, Joanne Miyata (”Ab Aeterno”)

Outstanding Makeup For A Single-Camera Series (Non-Prosthetic): Steve LaPorte, Department Head Makeup Artist; Chantal Boom’la, Makeup Artist

Outstanding Music Composition For A Series: Michael Giacchino, LOST

Edited by Dante

grrrrrrrrrrr! Why is it only in the complete series?!!!

According to press releases etc., it isn't

I'm sure (hoping) it turns up on Youtube anyway :heh:

I'm sure (hoping) it turns up on Youtube anyway :heh:

It'll end up somewhere in cyber space, thats for sure.

Holding off on buying the rest of the show on BluRay til I know for sure :p

I think Lost would make for a perfect weekly/fortnightly magazine encyclopaedia - you know, the ones which are basically individual sheets with holes punched in that come with a weak glue binding them, that you separate and store in those folders? I must admit I'd be tempted to subsribe to one...

The book starts with Aaron and ends with Zodiac and that the book is 400 pages long!

New Man in charge is out, if you know where to get it then search your local file getting service and enjoy

Only 12 minutes long, but it's pretty damned good, answers some questions, kinda brings a couple more to the tablebut all in all, it's good.

But it also means no more lost things ;_______;

Except the encyclopedia thing that's coming out.

Just watched it, enjoyable, but had the potential to be so much better. I don't really think it told us anything, missed opportunity really. I'm glad I didn't pay out for the box set to see it.

ok so watched it now...I think it just about answers enough questions in the 12 mins to make it worth while I guess but the cliffhanger ending wtf......ARGH! Makes me soooo sad all over again that Lost is no more :(

It didn't really answer fuck all.

we find out about Walt.

it did:

explained sort of why they were there...also explained about the pregnancy issues that affected women on the island...I think it didn't explain anything about Walt we already knew he was special...it was no closer to revealing why or how. Only thing we kinda realised was that Michael is stuck on the island because of his sins for Walt...so he can release him

it did:

explained sort of why they were there...also explained about the pregnancy issues that affected women on the island...I think it didn't explain anything about Walt we already knew he was special...it was no closer to revealing why or how. Only thing we kinda realised was that Michael is stuck on the island because of his sins for Walt...so he can release him

Didn't we already know or at least kinda guessed why the polar bears were there? I had a pretty good idea. They could have revealed a lot more about other stuff to be fair.