NEurope
Dante

Lost: The Final Season

Except that Ryan (not Ryan Scott) wouldn't lay off the cheese and stop talking about "letting go." Yeah, like 6 seasons worth of esoteric references and cryptic convolutions of plot were always to eventuate in this cop out bullshit. Still, Geekbox is areet.

yeah it is true they were forgiving of certain things..another example was "well you don't get all the answers in life" I do think they did raise some good points about the ending and the fact that some of them didn't agree with each other in how they interpreted the ending.

That was exactly the shit; "you don't get all the answers in life." What is this bullshit? When for six years those guys have been buying into the rampant decryptomania that causes them to speculate that the egyptian statue on the island is actually a land mark of the afterlife, or whatever that whole deal was with idiotic cabin scene with "Jacob." If it's all about the journey, then the conclusion is just as much a part of that whole as anything, and I don't want to be led by the hand like a fool trying to decrypt all this meaningless information only for them to laugh in my face at the end of it and give me the fucking ending out of cocoon.

I suppose it also comes out of the fact that this season was nowhere near as compelling as some of the preceding ones. It's like the actors themselves realised how fucking lame this whole ordeal is. I donno. I was expecting something. I didn't watch this shit for some sort of pseudo-spiritual nonsense, pulled off with all the aplomb of a nerd explaining midichlorians to me. I wanted answers damnit.

That was exactly the shit; "you don't get all the answers in life." What is this bullshit? When for six years those guys have been buying into the rampant decryptomania that causes them to speculate that the egyptian statue on the island is actually a land mark of the afterlife, or whatever that whole deal was with idiotic cabin scene with "Jacob." If it's all about the journey, then the conclusion is just as much a part of that whole as anything, and I don't want to be led by the hand like a fool trying to decrypt all this meaningless information only for them to laugh in my face at the end of it and give me the fucking ending out of cocoon.

I suppose it also comes out of the fact that this season was nowhere near as compelling as some of the preceding ones. It's like the actors themselves realised how fucking lame this whole ordeal is. I donno. I was expecting something. I didn't watch this shit for some sort of pseudo-spiritual nonsense, pulled off with all the aplomb of a nerd explaining midichlorians to me. I wanted answers damnit.

Agree with you about all of this. BUT the bit in bold was mentioned on geekbox and it was actually something I had thought of earlier. Everyone derided George Lucas for giving us an actual reason as to how the force worked...so perhaps that would be the case with lost? I mean in this series a lot of the reveals for things have actually been unsatisfying...such as Micheal revealing why he was still on the island as a ghost, hinting at reasons why others were also stuck on the island....or the numbers.

If we are to apply Geekbox's pansy justifications to Star Wars we could extract the message that Lucas was actually saying that supernatural "force" and scientific/ empirical explanations aren't mutually exclusive, but rather supplementary to each other. Do not want! Cop out! Sorry, I'm just an angry nerd, and I'm really just complaining about the fact that I outgrew a series that I was initially really fond of, to the point that I don't even recall that much about the happenings in the first few seasons any more anyway.

The fact that the reveals were unsatisfying seemed more indicative of them having neither the foresight to resolve the script beforehand, nor the imagination to make up something in some way convincing after the fact. Come on! It's sci-fi; any old bull shit will suffice as long as it corroborates with a consistent internal logic. My problem was that the only thing anyone really managed to extract from it was this whole "letting go" malark. Oh well.

What was the Michael explanation again? It was just that those retarded whispers that they occasionally heard in the forest were the undeparted ghosts of people that died there right? Or were they there as some sort of penance for being bastards? I don't even fucking care anymore. I knew it was gonna end up with me wanting to force a dick into the eye of every writer that ever worked on this show.

FEH!

It was fucking boring is all. I'm not hurt, just annoyed that I spent 2 hours of my life watching the finale when I could have been doing more entertaining things like forcing a brick up my arsehole. Edit: and then listening to a podcast dedicated solely to compensating for its shortcomings, like a whipping boy with stockholm syndrome.

Edited by The Bard

Flameboy; yeah that's it.

Gizmo; yeah you do.

let's get on-topic, people! Shift talk to the rate-tv-show-thread-thing. I can't be bothered to move posts and edit spoilers out of them, etc.

Has flash forward got any better from the start of the series? I haven't watched it since the little break it had but I feel the need for something new now Lost is over.

It was areet' date=' same as ever, corny as but great fun if ya ask me. That said it's been cancelled reportedly with a massive cliffhanger.. but it's still a good watch if ya ask me, and they get to the flashforwards point by the end of s1 anywayz.

lol @ people who are butthurt over the "spiritual" ending and lack of answers to unimportant stuff

The only thing more irritating than people whining about the finale is the people who were whining about the people whining about the finale.

Of course people are going to be unsatisfied, andof course they've got reason to be and reason to complain about it.

An awesome video of the various unanswered questions

It was areet, same as ever, corny as but great fun if ya ask me. That said it's been cancelled reportedly with a massive cliffhanger.. but it's still a good watch if ya ask me, and they get to the flashforwards point by the end of s1 anywayz.

The only thing more irritating than people whining about the finale is the people who were whining about the people whining about the finale.

Of course people are going to be unsatisfied, andof course they've got reason to be and reason to complain about it.

haha that video is awesome!

It was areet, same as ever, corny as but great fun if ya ask me. That said it's been cancelled reportedly with a massive cliffhanger.. but it's still a good watch if ya ask me, and they get to the flashforwards point by the end of s1 anywayz.

Some of that was hilarious, but some was asking either questions that arent important or questions that were already answered.

That video was entertaining - and kinda puts me off from re-watching the show!

And V is quite good, actually :P

LOST: THE COMPLETE SIXTH AND FINAL SEASON

51Bq5wopzvL._SS500_.jpg

• Every Sixth Season Episode

• Bloopers and Deleted Scenes

• Audio Commentaries accompany four episodes (LA X, Dr. Linus, Ab Aeterno and Across The Sea)

• The End: Crafting A Final Season – Join the LOST team along with other producers of some of

television’s longest running shows as they examine the challenges of ending a landmark series.

• A Hero’s Journey – What makes a hero? Which survivors of Oceanic 815 are true heroes? These

questions and more are explored.

• See You In Another Life, Brotha – Unlocks the mysteries of this season’s intriguing flash sideways.

• ‘LOST on Location’ – Behind-the-scenes featurette showcasing stories from the set, including all-new

interviews with actors and crew.

• PLUS: A LOST Blu-ray & DVD exclusive - Go deeper into the world of LOST with a much-anticipated

new chapter of the island's story from Executive Producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse.

LOST: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION – Contents

2yp16ix.jpg

• Every Episode in the Series (Seasons 1 through 6)

Over 30hrs of Season 1-6 Bonus materials (previously released materials from Season 1-5 and the all-new Season 6 bonus material)

• A unique series of featurettes that takes viewers on very personal tours of Oahu where the series was created, with key cast and crew as they reflect.

• Exploring the global phenomenon that is Lost, bonus showcases events ranging from the series cast and crew at San Diego’s famed Comic-Con convention to international voice recordings, local events and even fan parties, all of which helped make the show into a worldwide favorite.

• A closer look at some of the props with cast, writers and producers, exploring their significance, stories and emotional ties to the characters.

• Humorous yet emotional look at every character who died on the series

• 16 hilarious Lost “Slapdowns” featurettes showcasing celebrity Lost fans who confront Executive Producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse to ask press questions about the final season, including the Muppets and cast members Nestor Carbonell, Michael Emerson, Rebecca Mader and more.

The exciting collectible packaging also includes: a Special Edition collectible ‘Senet’ Game as seen in Season Six, a custom LOST island replica, an exclusive episode guide, a collectible Ankh, and a black light penlight.

Edited by Dante

I think that complete collection will be a purchase for me. Looks cool and it's something I'll definitely watch through again.

looks awesome but man im pissed off that all the additional content is only available on there...means having to justify what will likely be £100+ purchase sigh...

I want that complete collection like crazy. Wow. What a Lost celebration.

I managed to watch this today. I think maybe I do have ADHD because it seemed to go on and on AND on. I'm mulling it over.

So I've only just got round to watching the last 5 episodes as I've been without sky or internet for a few weeks. I've been dodging spoilers like the plague, which has been really easy without the internet.

My first reaction was that I'm not sure what to think of it all. I did enjoy it but was still getting a lot of WTF moments. I finally got the flashsideways/purgatory thing when Hurley and Ben and that brief convo at the end and felt that part of it was actually done alright. So I'm happy with that.

The thing I'm a bit annoyed about is that I still have so many questions about the island and wanted to know more. Really enjoyed the episode with young Jacob and MIB but felt they should have revealed more on the island and the light at the centre.

I agree with some of the comments on here that it felt more like a season final rather than the whole series final which is a bit annoying as it kinda now feels just dragged out.

ho hum, the whole thing was still enjoyable and glad I started watching it and continued till the end. :)

One thing that increasingly has frustrated me about the purgartory is how they gave us a total read herring about with regards to showing us the island at the bottom of the ocean etc... I know they did it deliberately but it does kinda infuriate me how they did it making us think the explosion of the atom bomb had something to do with the creation of the flashsideways when really it didn't. Having said that I did love the ending for the way it brought resolution for the characters I cared about.

ANYWAY some light reading related to Lost:

http://www.bitmob.com/articles/the-mario-franchise-as-lost

THE MARIO FRANCHISE IS LOST!

So I've only just got round to watching the last 5 episodes as I've been without sky or internet for a few weeks. I've been dodging spoilers like the plague, which has been really easy without the internet.

My first reaction was that I'm not sure what to think of it all. I did enjoy it but was still getting a lot of WTF moments. I finally got the flashsideways/purgatory thing when Hurley and Ben and that brief convo at the end and felt that part of it was actually done alright. So I'm happy with that.

The thing I'm a bit annoyed about is that I still have so many questions about the island and wanted to know more. Really enjoyed the episode with young Jacob and MIB but felt they should have revealed more on the island and the light at the centre.

I agree with some of the comments on here that it felt more like a season final rather than the whole series final which is a bit annoying as it kinda now feels just dragged out.

ho hum, the whole thing was still enjoyable and glad I started watching it and continued till the end. :)

The thing is, as many have said, if you answer to much you do go into midi-chlorian realms which would just gut it.

The thing with Lost is they didn't answer anything. I'd be happy if all the random little threads could be linked together, rather than outright answered. But it doesn't seem like the writers could even manage that.