NEurope
Dante

Lost: The Final Season

I dunno about you guys, but a lot of me is glad that most "questions" aren't getting answered.

From what I've seen on various forums, people want to be spoonfed everything. Maybe it's indicative of our culture these days but apparently leaving things mysterious is not right.

I mean sure, there are some things I'd love to know, but why must we know every single thing and every single reason behind that and every single reason behind all of them?

I think most of the questioning comes from the early series' and people not knowing what the show was going to be about. Especially when you think it's just about a plain crash and a bunch of survivors. Then it becomes some largely mysterious sci-fi/mythology thing.. Where very little seems to get explained before moving onto the next part of the story.

Despite the fact that im still really enjoying the series I have to admit I would have prefered it if they'd stayed on the more scientific route that the first few seasons took. I much prefer the Dharma Initiative mysteries with their various stations etc and having the Island as just some kind of place with special qualities not found anywhere else.

That said once its all over and done with im really looking forward to watching the entire show again from beginning to end, knowing what I know now.

I definitely look forward to re-watching the whole show, I've forgotten so much of the earlier stuff.

Am considering saving enough money to get the back catalogue on Blu Ray as opposed to DVD.

While the DVDs are great, I'd love to see it in HD

When does the finale screen in the UK? I'm trying to figure whether I can stay spoiler free all that time...or can I put up with the annoyingness of other methods.

28th. Im just gonna wait until then, im pretty sure i'll be able to avoid any spoilers. Any ones ive seen this season have been my own doing anyway.

Watch as the final scene is posted on the front page of The Sun on Monday

Watch as the final scene is posted on the front page of The Sun on Monday

yeah you can guarantee this much touted final image that Matthew Fox has spoken of will end somewhere hard to avoid.

We might be ok if its the final image. Im guessing a black background with the word "LOST" written in white.

Apparently the 'two and a half hour' finale is made up of 100 minutes of Lost, and 50 minutes of adverts! That's quite a lot of ads!

Edited by Mike

Well to be fair, an average one hour episode of anything has about 18-20minutes of adverts...a two and a half hour with 50minutes of adverts seems reasonable.

Apparently the 'two and a half hour' finale is made up of 100 minutes of Lost, and 50 minutes of adverts! That's quite a lot of ads!

Shame it wasn't 108 minutes of Lost. That would have been an awesome way to do it and end the show :p

6.16 was a solid episode going into the finale. Very glad

Zoe was first for the chop, followed by Widmore. Not sure I believe his story about Jacob visiting him and getting his repentance, that all felt a bit rushed, but I doubt we'll hear any more of it. Good to see Terry O'Quinn and Michael Emerson back on-screen together, dialling home some deep levels of evil.

Jack taking up the mantel of Jacob was truly epic. Six years of character development right there, and it all comes back to the

bamboo.

Great episode, really looking forward to the finale now. Don't think I can wait for it to air here so might have to look elsewhere. It's going to be sad when it's all over, 6 years and then no more Lost. :cry:

Great episode. Very much looking forward to the finale. I'm really enjoying how the sideways timeline seems to be coming together now.

6.16 was a solid episode going into the finale. Very glad

Zoe was first for the chop, followed by Widmore. Not sure I believe his story about Jacob visiting him and getting his repentance, that all felt a bit rushed, but I doubt we'll hear any more of it. Good to see Terry O'Quinn and Michael Emerson back on-screen together, dialling home some deep levels of evil.

Jack taking up the mantel of Jacob was truly epic. Six years of character development right there, and it all comes back to the

bamboo.

Quite agreed. Props to Matthew Fox, he's always bored me, but lately Jack's randomly started to be a fave character.

Anyway, that was a fucking wicked episode, especially compared to last week's. Apart from the end and stuff. Flocke tends to bore me. Owell.

Finally started to get a sense of finality going as well (possibly 'cause about three character went on about how it's 'almost the end' or whatevs)

The season six Lost DVD could include an extended finale, reports have said.

An ABC source allegedly told TV Guide Magazine that the boxset will feature around 20 minutes of additional footage.

"It's in production now," the insider claimed.

"[Executive producers] Damon [Lindelof] and Carlton [Cuse] wanted to offer fans answers to additional questions they couldn't get to in the body of the final show."

The source did not confirm the length of the extra scenes.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s10/lost/news/a220730/lost-dvd-to-include-extended-finale.html

Jesus christ lol

A solid episode this week, and much better than last week's, of course. It was also the first time, I think, that I've been gripped by the sideways storyline!

Is anyone doing anything special for the finale next week? We're having a Lost party with some friends, which should be fun! Check out my g/f's blog for some ideas for food she's mulling over: http://distractedgourmet.wordpress.com/. We'll probably have some Lost-inspired music (Downtown / Make Your Own Kind Of Music / You All Everybody...) and print out some Dharma logos to stick around the lounge.

A solid episode this week, and much better than last week's, of course. It was also the first time, I think, that I've been gripped by the sideways storyline!

Is anyone doing anything special for the finale next week? We're having a Lost party with some friends, which should be fun! Check out my g/f's blog for some ideas for food she's mulling over: http://distractedgourmet.wordpress.com/. We'll probably have some Lost-inspired music (Downtown / Make Your Own Kind Of Music / You All Everybody...) and print out some Dharma logos to stick around the lounge.

I must be one of the few people who enjoyed last week's episode.

I won't be doing anything special for the finale as I don't know anyone else who has watched it all the way through! Most people I know got bored around series 3 or 4. To be honest I don't blame them, I'm only watching because I've watched it for so long now.

I won't be doing anything special for the finale as I don't know anyone else who has watched it all the way through! Most people I know got bored around series 3 or 4. To be honest I don't blame them, I'm only watching because I've watched it for so long now.

Agreeswiththis.

Also, does anyone know what time the episode will hit the net (TOTZ NOT ILLEGALLY RITE) because I would fancy staying up to watch it asap

They're usually up by about 4 am I find. Though.... as it's an extra long episode it'll probably be later than that. The previous Lost finales have always been up much, much later than the normal episodes.

I'm with ya I enjoyed last weeks episode. I've had a lot of grief for that as well as nobody at work enjoyed it