NEurope
Dante

Lost: The Final Season

Seems to me like they are setting it up so all the remaining Jacobites end up at that beach, to have a big showdown with Smokies peeps at some point. Interestingly, Sun is on one team, and Jin is with the other.

Or it could be considered the universe is trying to fix things by bringing these people together

Yeah, that's definitely a good point. If they address that idea or a similar one on the show then I might get over it I guess.

Lost as baywatch. Epic.

So good this week. I'm the perfect audience for Lost. My dad doesn't understand it but still watches it, but I do understand it (not that I claim to have all the answers obv) and I thought tonights was great, yet he thought it was one of the worst episodes ever.

There's so much going on in it and I love all the metaphors, I'm sure there's plenty of things I don't even notice too. Not one scene is wasted. Like I said before, its God vs Satan. The way the guys who have lost faith in Jacob go on about him and their "relationship" with him is just how some backslidden Christians might describe their own situation.

I'm dying to see how the "real world" flashes eventually tie in (or come crashing together with the Island life) but seeing Ben have a chance (ok, unknowingly) to set Alex's future up in the real world was a nice resolution for him. You have to believe that its not a pointless "what could have been" scenario, but a real look into the character of him and the others, just in a different setting. Its all relevant. It was also a nice to see him be welcomed in to the good guy camp. On the whole, it was a really touching episode!

On a Dark Tower note, there is no way the fact that we saw Ben tutoring Alex on Chapter 19 was a fluke. :wink:

The final twist was genius this week. I forgot that we had a third variable in amongst the Jacob vs Locke debacle- is it the Man in Black he's referred to? Yet another Dark Tower thing, btw. Jayseven, I hope you see it all too.

EP 8 was aright but next week episode is going to be amazing and is six mins longer.

I spend much of LOST retraxing the previous few episodes plot ..like when did kate meet claire again? where did they go then? was it before jin met claire again!?! None of it matters really but it really annoys me lol right back to watching episode 8....

So I'm pretty much a week behind and only just watched Dr.Linus last night. I'm glad Ben in the flash sideways recouncilled things to Alex, a nice comparison to the Ben we saw pleading for his life as a result of his woes about what happened to her on the island. The part I liked about episode the most was Charles Widmore's looming arrival in a submarine. Which although I never doubted it confirms that the rest of the world still exists within the continuity of the those on the island as well as of the flash sideways, because I guess there always was kind of a chance that the island had somehow left this plain of existence hence why the flash sideways were created....

So it's episode 9 next right for US viewers? (I'm just gonna watch 8 on regular TV tonight it makes sense) Which is meant to be a big deal thats been somewhat hyped up?

So I'm pretty much a week behind and only just watched Dr.Linus last night. I'm glad Ben in the flash sideways recouncilled things to Alex, a nice comparison to the Ben we saw pleading for his life as a result of his woes about what happened to her on the island. The part I liked about episode the most was Charles Widmore's looming arrival in a submarine. Which although I never doubted it confirms that the rest of the world still exists within the continuity of the those on the island as well as of the flash sideways, because I guess there always was kind of a chance that the island had somehow left this plain of existence hence why the flash sideways were created....

So it's episode 9 next right for US viewers? (I'm just gonna watch 8 on regular TV tonight it makes sense) Which is meant to be a big deal thats been somewhat hyped up?

I spend much of LOST retraxing the previous few episodes plot ..like when did kate meet claire again? where did they go then? was it before jin met claire again!?! None of it matters really but it really annoys me lol right back to watching episode 8....

Claire strolled back into the temple, got thrown in a pit, then the smoke monster came, kate got claire out of the pit and they went with locke. That occurred after Jin's leg got caught and Claire saved him.

Maybe you missed an episode or two?

Amazing episode and brings up what the island is really is and a the newest ps3 game mentions it as well. :p

Did a series catch up at the weekend. It's odd, I've been trying to piece together events from previous series to see if they make any sense in light of the revelations of the new series, I'm not sure if there are any startling discoveries to be made though. Also been waiting for the reappearance of Desmond, but apparently he's not on the cast list for this series, which makes me a very sad bunny.

Also been waiting for the reappearance of Desmond, but apparently he's not on the cast list for this series, which makes me a very sad bunny.

Thats kind of a good thing, I don't want Desmond to die, brother.

Good episode this week, although the way people in this show talk is monsterously bullshit. With all the crazy stuff kicking off left right and centre, nobody would be so quick to accept the amount of half truths and allusions that major characters, who clearly have the full answer, spout on a regular basis. They just accept everything and march off in to the jungle again

At this point, the style wears thin but at least the rubix cube remains fascinating. A lesser proposition would have left me bored and an ex viewer some time ago with the same stunt. Hallo, Heroes.

Yeah, I guess he's happily settled down with Penny and his kid. Just seems a bit of a limp ending for what seemed such a vital character. Hopefully he'll make a few guest appearances in the sideline-verse

Henry Ian Cusick is credited at the beginning of every episode, so Desmond is pretty much guaranteed to be making another appearance of some sort this series.

Well according to IMDB he is due to appear again in two weeks starting from the episode airing in the US on April 6th, and in every episode till the end of the end of the season minus one (on May 4th).

I'm interested to see how he is considering the last time we saw him (not counting the flash-sideways appearence in the first ep this season) he was shot and in hospital.

Though also curious to see what he's doing in the flash-sideways considering his abrupt appearence and disapperence on the plane.

Anyway I loved this weeks ep...

Great to finally get some confirmation on who Richard is, how old he is and how he got there. Don't know if i buy that the black rock destroyed the statue, surely the ship would be in many more pieces if it hit the statue, I felt that was a bit of an easy way out for the writers. Plus if a giant wave put the ship that far inland wouldn't their be a lot destruction done to the surrounding forests?

Also at the start of the final ep of season 5 when you see Jacob and Smokey on the beach looking at the ship it was clear and sunny, yet the people on the ship don't see the island and statue till nightfalls?

I doubt the idea of the island being Hell will hold true, think it was just Richard losing his mind. Though they do seem to be portraying Smokey as the devil incarnate they why Jacob decribed evil and the Island using the wine bottle.

Plus I'm starting to think Jacob was a bit of a jackass. I mean the guy brings people to the island and does nothing to help them? He left Richard chained inside the boat for how long? He expects people to show they are good by themselves yet he puts no restrictions on Smokey corrupting their minds and making them bad.

Thought it was funny though when smokey told Richard to kill Jacob he used the same lines Dogen told Sayid

Statueabaeterno1.jpg

Statueabaeterno3.jpg

The statue's head looks like is falling as the ship moves over it.

Podcast -

- Possibility of more "storms" will be happening. Storm is a metaphor

- 'The Package' is related to Sun/Jin sideways

- Carlton said Kate's horse wasn't MIB after Damon joked about it.

- They confirmed there were other people before Richard, hence the Statue

- Confirmed Libby will be back and questions will be answered about her

- Highly likely that Desmond will pop up in the current timeline or the sideways in the next few episodes

- There will be more cop Sawyer/Miles scenes

- Near future, one of the characters will be asking someone whether the MIB can only take the form of dead people, and whether Dave was really or not.. an answer will be provided.

Episode 6.17/6.18 - Title is

The End.

Edited by Dante

Episode 9 in one word, quality. Really enjoyed it, first proper decent episode of the season.

Well according to IMDB he is due to appear again in two weeks starting from the episode airing in the US on April 6th, and in every episode till the end of the end of the season minus one (on May 4th).

Arghhh! SPOILARRRR!!! Umm I know he was guaranteed to come back at some point but knowing exactly when kinda ruins the surprise.

Episode not even finished yet but this one is incredible....truly great we finally get to see what and how Richard came to be what he is. Just WOW!

Im wondering now if the purpose of the flashsideways is to show what would happen if the man in black actually got off the island. If the island is the "cork" keeping him from getting free then in that reality now its sunk he should be off right?

Interesting idea.

My first thought was that it was what would happen if the plane never crashed, but that went out the window with Jack's son. There's certainly an element of wish fulfillment going on- Sawyer is a cop, Hugo is lucky, Jack has a son etc etc. It could well be they're rewards for helping smokey.

Interestingly, they're all faintly corrupted too. Jack is divorced, Sayid gets to see his woman but she's married to his brother, Sawyer is still messed up by the original Sawyer etc.

Also, whatever happened in Australia seems to remain the same. Locke's attempted trip to the outback, Jack's father drinking himself to death and Sawyer murdering the man he thought was Sawyer 1.