NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Bider

Simple demo

Hi guys long time reader (N64-europe days), first time..errr.."poster". I made this simple (very simple) demo of how the rev controller works for FPS. I made this for my own enjoyment and the majority of you would already know how it works... This is for people know nothing about the controller...

http://download.filefront.com/4426830;0493449bc3448d39dea0793166284db5205f66b0f5881b3e284b46fcc7e15eba41ddd83ba4820786

nice stuff, thanks...but I really think we should just wait untill E3 2006 so we canactually see some graphics and controls. the only thing we have now are concepts

nice stuff, thanks...but I really think we should just wait untill E3 2006 so we canactually see some graphics and controls. the only thing we have now are concepts

true...but i can't wait that long for real stuff!

what do you use to watch the first 2 cos i cant open them, but the last one you put up i can open fine in winamp

Nice attempt to demonstrate how it will work, but from a technical standpoint you've made one mistake; you depict the controller as pivoting about the front end, when in reality most of the controller movement is going to come from the wrist, so it should be the back end that the model pivots around.

what do you use to watch the first 2 cos i cant open them, but the last one you put up i can open fine in winamp

They are zipped files (.rar). read post 9.

Cool. In addition to the controller moving in 4 horisontal directions, you could also use up and down for perhaps jump and crouch.

cheers for the link to that win rar, some cool videos,

How bout the nextgen Zelda?[/Quote]

i agree wouldnt mind seeing a sword fighting one

These video are really nice and give a good idea of what it actually could be like playing with the remote, but I'd like longer video, however since I'm learning a bit of 3D modelling at the moment I know how much work this is.

It's not too much work, I modelled the controller before (in cinema 4D). took about 2 days i think. the biggest problem is timing the controllers movements with the video clip. thats why all the videos are short.

I think the next zelda for rev will be in first person perspective (assuming the controller is used for swinging the sword). Can you see it working in 3rd person?

http://www.revolutionreport.com/articles/read/211

Interesting article...

Sign in to follow this